Thread: Came out to an old friend recently

Came out to an old friend recently

This is a friend of mine for a very long time and it started to feel weird that she never knew about Josie. She's been cool about it, and revealing it didn't change our relationship. She's a good friend and I'm glad she knows.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Jose,
    What a heartwarming story. She is a great friend.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Gold Member
    It always feels good to let at least one person you trust in on your secret.

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

Great story Josie! I'm glad she is okay with it. I came out to a GG friend recently, at first she didn't believe me, but now she is excited about it. Only my wife and this GG know about me in real life (not online). I think it is easier to tell GG's.

Marleena,
    IMHO ladies are more open minded on this subject. Yes I know wives and SO's can be a problem, but in general ladies are more compassionate.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by MsArlene View Post
    Marleena,
    IMHO ladies are more open minded on this subject. Yes I know wives and SO's can be a problem, but in general ladies are more compassionate.
    Totally agree, Arlene! My SO and the GG I mentioned have given me a lot of confidence to be myself. I'm very lucky to have both of them on my side.

I can say this! She proved she was a good friend! That's what dreams are all about! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Makeup addict!
    Glad to hear it! I plan on doing the same thing myself very soon

Platinum Member
    That's what friends are for, Josie!

Josie,

That's what "Good Friends" do..... accept each other for who they are, glad you and she can be so honest.

Katrina Michelle
    I came out to a lady friend a few years ago and after thinking about it i recanted and told her it was all a joke before i read her reply .She had told me she was glad i shared this with her and she had no problem at all with me. but after telling her it was a joke she stopped talking to me i really messed up and i dont know how to fix it.I lost a good friend because i panicked

When picking friends, you normally pick very carefully and over a long period of time. When confiding in a friend about our secret passion, this is only the starting point. I'm so glad you succeeded and found a true ally.