Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pastor

Advise Steph ???
    You do not need anyone's approval to be you *period*

In your mind you can makeup all kinds of reasons why this and why that. Follow your gut when you need some guidance like this and you will never fail yourself..

WE ARE THE ARCHITECTS OF OUR FUTURE...

I do hope, Steph, that you report to us on your conversation with your pastor.

Remember, what we really want to know is what God believes of us—not what our pastors, or our mothers, or even what the bible thinks of us. Because if we believe God supports and loves us, then we can move forward confidently, regardless of what anyone else says. We must never let us parents or pastors take the place of God. Sure, Christians believe God speaks through the bible, but they also believe Spirit of God is loose in the world and continues to speak to us even now. I hope you will listen to that Voice that speaks in your own heart, and come to trust it.

Melody,

I loved your post. Very clean and precise.

Thanks
    Peace,

.:jordie

Steph,

It seems as you are conditioning your supposedly true self. Listen to your heart, to your body, to your skin,to your senses and NOT to your pastor. Close your eyes and remove all kinds philosophies and beliefs for a couple of minutes and listen to your inner self. In silence, you will find your true self, and not through the interpretations of your pastor.
    Peace,

.:jordie

Had to return to this post after my 18km walk today. I love listening to old rock/blues on my way and was listening to the Allman Brothers Band sing this song and thought of all the posts in the thread. The songs cool give the first verse and chorus a read.

When you can't find the light,
    That got you through a cloudy day,
    When the stars ain't shinin' bright,
    You feel like you've lost you're way,
    When those candle lights of home,
    Burn so very far away,
    Now you got to let your soul shine,
    Just like my daddy used to say.

[Chorus]
    He used to say soulshine,
    It's better than sunshine,
    It's better than moonshine,
    Damn sure better than rain.
    Yeah now people don't mind,
    We all get this way sometime,
    Got to let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

Anyway - my two cents x2

Wow, lots of emotions here pertaining to religion. Sounds almost like Washington DC lol. My advice Steph, is to listen to your heart and don't let others sway you in your thinking. You have ONE life to live and it's YOUR life. Please try and remember that.

I spread the love of Bob. Mariah's Avatar
    My Pastor has not only Excepted me as myself, So has my whole church. Don't give up, it sounds like you have a vary logical and religious view point, don't let people of less faith send you down a path you do not want to be in. I will say I have been baptized and blessed as my self and comfurmed in my church too. So hang in there!
    Trans platypus, yes I'm a Platypus.
    Start Transitioning:Jan,2007
    HRT: July,2009 2 years ^_^
    Name Change: Sept 28,2010
    Real Life Test/experience: Sept 1,2010- Sept 1,2011 WOOT DONE!!!!!!!! Waiting on my SRS/GRS letters now. ^_^
    2 years full time, Experience that is valuable!

Be free - overcome fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    Wow, lots of emotions here pertaining to religion.
    I wonder why? Could it be that some of us have had nothing but bullsh!t
    rammed down our throats when we were just seeking the truth? God has
    been part of my life since I was a child and this was something I also fought
    with until one day 1 Corinthians 6 jumped out and slapped me in the face,
    then I realised how many blasphemous bigots there really was out there.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

just a quick update I have a meeting with 2 LGBT affirming pastors I'll be talking to about a Biblical response to opposing transitioning.

Be free - overcome fear!
    Why Steph?

More roadblocks again?

Can't you read and interpret yourself the true meaning of 1 Corinthians 6 ?

I am happy to hear that you are seeking more appropriate religious support,
    however be sure to ask them to explain this chapter properly to you.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are - it defines who you are"
    "
    Don't be so Serious, if you can't laugh at yourself, call me....... I'll laugh at you!"
    "
    Haters don't really hate you, they hate themselves, because you are a reflection of what they want to be"
    "The most happiest people in this world don't need the best of everything, they just make the best of everything"'

Find me on Facebook

Religion is not interfering in anyone's live's. The Bible is the word of God. You either obey it or you don't. It does not make any one do any thing. God does not want robots. HE wants people to love and obey him. You have to make up your own mind on your own. No one will make you to anything when it comes to a church that is true but they also don't have to allow you in either. I made my mind up to cross dress and lost my church in doing so and IT IS MY DECISION not God's or the church period. Look in side your self don't blame other's or Religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell will be full of those who follow their gut. When a person does not listen to the Holy Spirit long enough, He quits speaking to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieSue View Post
    Hell will be full of those who follow their gut. When a person does not listen to the Holy Spirit long enough, He quits speaking to them.
    Says you.

How long have you been the spokesperson for the Holy Spirit? Must be a cool job.

By the way, I follow my gut as often as my courage will allow, so I suppose I'll eventually be residing in hell. Hopefully Heaven's civil servants will pay us a visit now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Silver Member
    Steph, why is it so hard to find your own interpretation of the bible and what you believe god actually is rather than blindly listening to other who are just going to tell you their interpretation?

Religion is not interfering in anyone's live's. The Bible is the word of God. You either obey it or you don't. It does not make any one do any thing. God does not want robots. HE wants people to love and obey him. You have to make up your own mind on your own. No one will make you to anything when it comes to a church that is true but they also don't have to allow you in either. I made my mind up to cross dress and lost my church in doing so and IT IS MY DECISION not God's or the church period. Look in side your self don't blame other's or Religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See what we mean.
    no robots, but OBEY!!!

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    My question is; why do you need to be allowed to transition? There are many documented cases of some plants and animals changing there sex, and since we are animals and a part of nature then this is simply the way we are. Your Pastor probably has nothing more than his own Biblical interpretation to go by, as do you and the GLBT affirmed pastors. Really you two can go back and forth, using your own verses for your own means, and get no where. But really any church in existence is based upon someone's personal translation of the Bible, such as someone like Fred Phelps using a few verses to justify his hatred while other pastors use a few verses to justify openly allowing those from the GLBT community. And honestly there are some good churches out there, and if your pastor cannot accept you then I would say most definitely he is not at all a good pastor because he is making the conscious decision to turn certain people away, even though Jesus made it very clear he loved everyone, except for those who tainted the temple with their money.

Some of us would rather go there anyways. In my experience what was hell was the Church (Baptist) convincing me that to be myself was to forfeit going to Heaven, and that I had to live with such a terrible and miserable burden. This drove me to hate myself, which I say in confidence there is no greater hell.

See what we mean.
    no robots, but OBEY!!!
    I have a problem with the obedience part, especially when it's to a God whose Holy Scripture that was penned by men that God was working through, says it's ok for a husband to sell his wife and daughter into slavery.
    Last edited by Schatten Lupus; 01-06-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Says you.

How long have you been the spokesperson for the Holy Spirit? Must be a cool job.

By the way, I follow my gut as often as my courage will allow, so I suppose I'll eventually be residing in hell. Hopefully Heaven's civil servants will pay us a visit now and then.
    Dying man couldn't make up his mind which place to go to -- both have their advantages, "heaven for climate, hell for company!"-Mark Twain

Steph, since your pastor and bible interpretation shopping i was wondering if you could pick up a few things for me.
    I really need answers to some of these rather pressing questions! Of course most of these questions would apply to my husband if i had one since according to biblical law as a woman i really have no rights (i think im barely considered a person actually?)

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense. (no shit sherlock!)

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Quote Originally Posted by Steph.TS View Post
    I say God not my pastor and not my church, I will be heart broken if thing go south believe me, but I honestly believe strongly that I'm right and I'm going to need him to hit me with some hard scriptures to show me I'm wrong.
    I started looking for another church incase things gone south. I also plan to speak to another pastor I know if this pastor doesn't respect my views.
    The word of God is open to interpretation, witness all the different religions on this planet. Everyone believes they are right, and the others are wrong. Wars have been fought over differences in spiritual beliefs. The contents of our various Holy Books (the Bible is only one of them) were debated for centuries, in fact there are many texts that have not made it into the Bible and this was a decision made by Man and not God.

You are making a wise decision, in preparing to find an interpretation that you agree with. Here's a link to GLBT friendly churches, all over the world. Just click on the appropriate country for a list of more open-minded pastors in your area.

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Chur...d_a_church.htm

Also, I believe the Metropolitain Community Churches (MCC) is trans friendly:
    http://mccchurch.org/ourchurches/find-a-church/
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    1. Leviticus 25:44
    // snip //
    Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
    Classic, but proof that people really do cherry pick their faith. Which of course means that if we have a sense of morals that transcends the Bible (or Quran or Necronomicon or whatever), then our sense of morals is innate and not something we need dictated to us. (A whole chapter in Dawkins' God Delusion on this).

Then again, history shows that our morals only apply to what we perceive as our tribe or affiliation, which is why we're always looking to see who to include or exclude.
    —Mikaela

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Yuppers. Our local transexual support group meets up in our local MCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    Classic, but proof that people really do cherry pick their faith. Which of course means that if we have a sense of morals that transcends the Bible (or Quran or Necronomicon or whatever), then our sense of morals is innate and not something we need dictated to us. (A whole chapter in Dawkins' God Delusion on this).

Then again, history shows that our morals only apply to what we perceive as our tribe or affiliation, which is why we're always looking to see who to include or exclude.
    "And as Jesus said as he came down from the mountain: Let ye who hath worn the cloths of the opposite sex BURN IN FIERY HELL!" ... or something like that...

I think if god actually cared what cloths we wore, humanity is screwed already. Over the generations trends have changed so much. Men used to wear tights and heels and dresses and skirts... women wear pants and shorts these days. I mean seriously, who decides what cloths we're supposed to wear? The first king that wore a dress... maybe he went to hell, but then since a single man wore a dress, it then became a male garment... so all future kings could wear dresses with no problem?

It's just so ridiculous... why the hell would a god define or care what we wear? Where do we draw the line between shorts, skorts and skirts? Yeah yeah... we can cut babies in half, but if a man wears a fitted shirt he's going to hell!
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 01-06-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    Steph, why is it so hard to find your own interpretation of the bible and what you believe god actually is rather than blindly listening to other who are just going to tell you their interpretation?
    Because I can error, and yes Pastors can too but they know the Bible better than I. I do have an interpretation of the scriptures I'm simply trying to comfirm them...

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    You are making a wise decision, in preparing to find an interpretation that you agree with. Here's a link to GLBT friendly churches, all over the world. Just click on the appropriate country for a list of more open-minded pastors in your area.

http://www.gaychurch.org/Find_a_Chur...d_a_church.htm

Thanks, I actually found the 2 LGBT friendly pastors via gaychurch. had a phone conversation with one to set up a meeting, and she was so accepting, I felt alot of peace talking to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post

I laughed a bit when you compare the Bible and the Necronomicon lol but people do cherry pick, walk into any mainstream church and they'd have you believe Jesus would vote republican/concervative... in many many ways I think the church has lost it's way and forgotten who Jesus was... Example: he healed the sick and the lame for free! wouldn't that mean he is for universal health care? :P

anyways speaking of the necronomicon, you HAVE you see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8

Silver Member
    Because I can error, and yes Pastors can too but they know the Bible better than I. I do have an interpretation of the scriptures I'm simply trying to comfirm them...
    Well even when looking at just the quotes from the bible in this thread... i'm sure you can see that the bible is full of contradictions. The bible isn't the word of god. The bible was written by man and man's interpretation of what was going on during the time of the bible.

If you're just going to go from pastor to pastor until you find one that says what you like, what are you really doing anyway? You're just trying to find one person that you can look up to that can also agree with what you are going through... What makes that one pastor's interpretation more important than 90% of the other pastor's out there?

I have to say Steph as I've followed this thread that I am really encouraged by how you are approaching this..

You will find the right church, you will feel good about your faith, and then you can move on..

Steph,
    I respect you're due diligence in reconciling your beliefs with the direction you want
    to take. I took a similar approach though I didn’t take my questions to a pastor. To thine self be true.
    Honest evaluation of scripture led me to believe that I am doing nothing as far as transition is
    concerned that would adversely affect my relationship with God. Once you clear this huddle then the
    door is wide open and you are free to transition because there is no higher authority! But don't let one pastor or one type of church group determine that outcome. I would not have laid my bets on my
    fundamentalist sister! In the council of many there is safety!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"