Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats more scary ?

I think for me meeting a person for the 1st time. There always that uncertainty but then all the girls ive met so far have been super supporting and nice that after a few minutes that uncertainty is replaced my a sense of connection and friendliness.

Elana

Platinum Member
    Its hard for me to put these on a scale from 1-10...so I guess its about the same. I'd put meeting people I know higher on the 10 point scale than interacting with strangers.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Either of these can be very scary when you are doing them before you are ready/accepting. When you look at Karren's smile you can see why she was ready (being a hockey player, she can always beat the crap out of someone she meets but doesn't like). At this point in my development I would lose all bodily functions if forced to meet anyone while en femme, as I havent met myself yet, but working on it. I have taken incomplete pictures, and am just beginning to feel comfortable with seeing myself, incomplete as I am. I hope to post pictures after the holidays with my first skirt coming tomorrow, so while I am nervous, I could do this.

Key is to progresss and do what you feel works at the moment, then the scaryness becomes secondary to the good feeling of doing what you are supposed to do.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

The few times I met someone in public dressed it was always at a gay club or TG support group. most of the places had a place to dress, those who don't I had to change in my car in a dark abandoned parking lot or side road. The scary thing this is how no matter how dark and abandoned the place I park seems, someone will ALWAYS walk by. Not sure why, but it seems parking someplace secret and alone just draws in people. But it is the only way to possibly not be found as a freak by more.

Meeting someone for the first time for me has always been easy, since I trust my gut feeling from emails, chats and phone calls. Posting pics took me a long time here because of the openness of the internet and who knows where your pic may show up.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    It helps to meet new folks in a group setting. I first met Allie before I realized she was on this board. That was in a group setting , I think it was a play .
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Both. They're both more scary. I know i shouldn't be, but i'm pretty afraid of letting *anyone* into this part of my life. It took a lot just to be able to dress infront of my roommate.

It must be posting pice for me, even though, in an earlier post, I listed that it was more scary meeting someone in person. What was I thinking when I posted that reply ? Ive met scores of Cd's, men, ladies while being Arlene, while I have ( 3 ) pictures of me enfemme at only at one site. By saying what I just said I dont mean to imply that I don't still get butterflies when I'm about to meet a new person.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I think for me, it's definitely meeting people dressed. I've met two or three people offline while dressed, and everytime I get butterflies in my stomach and my heart almost leaps into my throat. Posting pics doesn't bother me that much...I reason it that if I'm posting pics and someone is looking at them, then that someone has no business giving me crap about my lifestyle if they apparently have enough time and/or desire to seek out such posts.

Actually Niyah, I met you at the now defunct Santa Clara Lesbian bar, The Savoy, I think it was called. I knew you from your posts here. Thank God for that pre-warning. Then we met again, maybe there and then the play. Life is wonderful when you ignore the bad and celebrate the good.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Bah time flies and it all blurs together. It all depends on your confidence level. I never had issues with meeting folks.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Im not Alicia Sliverstone Clueless's Avatar
    Pics, for me would not at all be worth the possible trouble they could cause down the road. For sure, FRS will become widespread & possibly hurt many people or loved ones who have their pics posted online in the past. Digital profiles (driver license photos) from government ID databases will be sold to companies to match unknown pics, for a fee of course. Another thing is what possible "secret" info. packets that may be buried inside digital images? Carnivore has been around almost as long as Al Gore's internet has been mainstream. IIRC a guy (bank robber, kidnapper, don't remember) got busted due to a hidden ID image that was printed into a map he made from his home computer & printer. Society often swings like a pendulum. In some parts of the world during ancient times, homosexuality was tolerated much more than it is in these modern "enlightened" times of today. What if it swings far far to the right? Think of 1984 or V for Vendetta. Picture banks of NSA supercomputers searching old, but archived web posts for "subversives" to ID

Meeting someone while dressed should not be a big deal, as you can control the: time, place, person & duration of the meeting. You could check out a small quiet not busy restaurant, coffee shop, etc in male mode. If there was only a few non threatening looking employees, you could take your women's clothes & dress up in the bathroom. You could "meet" the someone at the counter, order food or whatever & change back while the order is getting made. Just don't get caught on camera

Pictures are scary only because they can be around forever and be passed to people that you don't want to see them. Meeting people is scary because you worry about your voice, smell, posture and most of all...outfit. Questions like "do I pass", "do I look right", "is my makeup OK", "do I look like a man in a dress", all come to mind. I always wondered why my wifewould stand in front of her closet and look and look to chose an outfit. I find myself doing it now! Meeting new people is an adventure...yeah, scary!
    Charlie

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    For me I'd have to say meeting in person is more scary, as I've posted pics with minimal reluctancy. I will be dressed out in public for the first time in about a month to meet an old friend who happens to be a GG, and who has never met my fem side, so my nerves are at full tilt right now. At the same time I find myself feeling just as excited by finally doing this. We will see what happens in a month, if I actually decide to go through with it.

On a nice pleasant October Saturday I was sitting outside wearing a floral maxi-dress drinking a lot of wine. Then I foolishly decided to put my wallet in a purse and go for a walk. Bad move.

I managed to be busted for public intoxication and I was carted off to jail by two female officers. Yes, I did survive. I had to spend overnight in the county jail in the men's section wearing an orange jumpsuit. What was most embarrassing was when I was bailed out, I had to put on my street clothes, which were the dress, the purse, and women's sandals. I had to walk past visitors and across the street to the bail bondsman's office. My wife said she would come get me "after I put my pants on".

So don't worry about appearing publicly. I had a baptism by fire and I survived. At the trial nothing was mentioned at all with my unconventional choice of clothing. I got a $100 fine, less than what one would get for a speeding ticket!

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I see myself in the mirror all the time and can't take a decent picture. I would have to say meeting someone.

Oh definitely meeting someone new for the 1st time. Never know where that will go. Just friends or something much much more, if theres mutual traction.

meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Meeting definitely. Pictures you can choose but what they see in real life.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott
    Meeting someone while en femme is scarier,
    I really think this would be scary

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie Deen
    Pictures are not a problem you can be selective, and will almost never be found by people you don't want seeing them.
    If your not a CD, can't understand why you would be here looking around in the first place, because the person would have to tell where they seen the picture, and would be asked why were you there?
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Talking to someone for the first time while en femme is scary and a rush. I almost fainted my first time and I was shaking from head to toe. I have talked to many people since then anna it is still a rush, but I don't shake from head to toe anymore. We decidE what is scary in life and what isnt. The only way to overcome any fear is to do what you fear. Only then will you truly know the end result. The very famous phrase"just do it".

Quote Originally Posted by yas159 View Post
    Whats more scary ? Posting pictures of yourself dressed fully as a woman.
    Hi Yas, I've done both several times and both were terrifying at first, but I was more nervous meeting others whilst dressed. The positive is that nothing remotely bad has ever eventuated.

Tash

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    not made it that far... yet