Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double take! Man or woman?

Thumbs up Double take! Man or woman?

I went to the sandy mall today and was walking around. I went into a few shops to see if I could find some flats because I had been wearing heels all morning and my feet were starting to hurt. I found plenty of cute flats. None in my size which was just a little frustrating. So, I sat o.n a bench to wait for forever young to open and a gentleman walks by and notices me, but continues on with his family and they all stop in front of the gate for forever young. His daughter says "hey dad that's a guy. The father looks at me turns back to his daughter to say something and then out of nowhere he does an abrupt double take. He then went a and his behind a sign and was starting at me through the little hole. I soul lds have walked over and said hello start my kristen! but I didn't I just got upand left, but seriously were not birds or apes or giraffes. And seriously, hiding b behind a sign to gawk at someone is so impolite. I think my makeup started to wear off a little because I hadn't had a problem all morning. I got maam all morning as well as she, her and what's the special occasion for the dress? I told them all I love wearing dresses and was told it was very pretty. I responded to a few hello's from women coming into the stores and they practically fell over got up and looked at me. I even caught one lady following me. What's the of following a crossdresser around? Well, she must have realized she got spotted because she stopped following me. And then I was passing the hand soap station. And pulled in by the gentleman at the unter which he was gentleman, sweet and very professional

I imagine that some people simply have never seen a crossdresser out in public, probably never given it much thought and are curious, but it's certainly very rude to sit and stare.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Actually, that doesn't sound so bad to me, Kristen! He was probably staring to figure out your gender! So, u obviously do pass! At least sometimes with some folks.

When I've been out dressed it's always belly laffs, gapping jaws, pointing fingers, and, "OMG! Look at THAT!!"
    It's gotten so bad, when I heard, "OMG, that's a MAN!", at Disneyland, I was THRILLED! At least SOMEONE didn't recognize me rite away!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 12-21-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

You can sometimes exspect that out of young kids! But when grown-ups act that way it's very rude and shows there stupidty! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

That is what keeps me in the closet, I've been followed all around the store by a couple of young teen girls, that where laughing and pointing, it was creepy, Felt like I was in a zoo, and I was the exhibit.
    But to have adults do it, wow, that is rude. Even if I do see one of us at the mall, and that's not but a couple of times in my life, a quick double take, being sure not to be obviouse about it, a smile, and back to what I'm there for.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I've seen a few people do a double take, but nobody has said anything bad to me. A few women have smiled and said "good morning". Yesterday, I walked past a guy in a park (he was walking towards me) and he just gave me a cold stare. Now I don't know if he clocked me or just wasn't in a good mood that morning. I was in (padded) girl jeans, sneakers, and long T shirt (with bra and boobs) with my wig and minimal makeup. Out dressed like a normal woman going for her morning walk.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    That is what keeps me in the closet, I've been followed all around the store by a couple of young teen girls, that where laughing and pointing, it was creepy, Felt like I was in a zoo, and I was the exhibit.
    Tina B.
    This is the type of thing, along with Sherry's & Kristen's post that make me feel not so sure about going out dressed. We aren't mainstream yet so we can be a source of entertainment, wonderment, or amusement.

The gender friendly clubs are one thing but mixing in with the general public seems a bit scary. It sounds like the dad had never seen a real crossdressser before and was trying to be sure. He did make a fool of himself as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    This is the type of thing, along with Sherry's & Kristen's post that make me feel not so sure about going out dressed. We aren't mainstream yet so we can be a source of entertainment, wonderment, or amusement.

The gender friendly clubs are one thing but mixing in with the general public seems a bit scary. It sounds like the dad had never seen a real crossdressser before and was trying to be sure. He did make a fool of himself as far as I'm concerned.
    If you don't, won't or can't pass as a female, you will be seen as a circus attraction by the majority of the general public. Some will just politely walk on by, some will stare, and a few may follow you and try to make you uncomfortable. That's reality. We're not going to change it and it's not going to change on its own.

Physically, some uf us can never pull it off. If you're built like an NFL linebacker, you will never pass as a female. Others of us can pass as a homely female, a few lucky ones can pass as a pretty decent looking female.

Whatever, if you're going to go out in public, you better have thick skin.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Thanks Linda! I don't think any of us can truly pass up close. During my last dressup session my wife was satisfied enough with the results that she will go out with me. She wants me to be able to blend in at least. My biggest issue is the Adam's apple like most of us. I'm 5' 9" which is kinda tall but my wife is almost 5'8" herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Thanks Linda! I don't think any of us can truly pass up close. During my last dressup session my wife was satisfied enough with the results that she will go out with me. She wants me to be able to blend in at least. My biggest issue is the Adam's apple like most of us. I'm 5' 9" which is kinda tall but my wife is almost 5'8" herself.
    I keep shrinking. I was almost 6' at age 20 but now I'm 5' 8" or so. There are some tops and some jewelry that will hide the adams apple.

As for makeup, if you're going out to clubs or bars at night, it's appropriate to wear a lot of makeup and that's good for us. Go out at 9:00 AM in full makeup, eye shadow, etc. and you stand out like a sore thumb. Also, cooler weather allows for clothing to cover hairy legs and arms.

I envy you if your wife will make you up and go out in public with you. You're a lucky person.

Platinum Member
    people react in a lot of different ways. I know that there many different woman's body and facial structures - tall, short, slim, round, etc...so its fairly easy for a person to blend in if you're dressed appropriately. Its up close when the little tells give one away.

There is a great site for femenizing ones self sarah charles posted on our local tri ess yahoo group page! many of you know her so ask her she'll help you!

When ever I go out to the mall, the movies or whatever and I know I've been spotted, not real hard when your 6'4" and 220 lbs, when I get back to my car I always think of the country western song with the line "Lets give'm something to talk about"

Marleena,
    After your first outing everything else will be a piece of cake. Out enfemme is a blast !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I think something else is going on here. A regular ol' guy out with his family wouldn't do a double take or spy behind a sign. It sounds to me that he could be a cd wannabe or a secret cd admirer. That's my first reaction to reading the OP.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I have been laughed at by teenage girls and I really didn't care for it but I considered the source. To be checked out by an adult like you described after his daughter spotted you was way off base. The guy clearly has no tact and is not exhibiting good moral character to his kids. I can only wish for him to have a child some day come to him and say, dad I am a crossdresser and really wish you would have set a better example for us when we spotted that CD in the mall.

Aspiring Member
    Hey, Tina, nice new Christmas avatar!

Gold Member
    Yes; you must watch out for the pre-teen girls, they have built in radar and can spot
    one of us a mile away. I do not know what it is that they posses, but the military might
    want to put their capabilities into their ships or tanks or planes or something. LOL
    Rader

In my adventures otdoors while enfemme and alone I have found teen and pre teen girls to be prety nasty.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    Next time wink at them or if you have a chance talk to them and give them a big smile or blow them a kiss even. It is a fact, you are going to be outed sooner or later. Might as well have fun with it.

Silver Member
    Teenagers?

Turn the tables. Stare at them.

No, really. A smile goes a LONG way to diffuse a difficult situation. If you catch someone watching you give 'em a huge smile.

This works with little kids too. Smile (a BIG smile) at every little kid you see. Kids are experts at seeing someone who is different. It's a defense mechanism. Or a self protection mechanism. If you show yourself to be danger free kids will pay far less attention to you. SMILE. Smile at every kid you see. Kids know. Women smile. Men don't smile. It's really that simple. Men don't smile at kids in public. Women DO smile at kids in public. When you smile at a kid you give them one less thing to identify you with. Smile. It goes a long way.

Stephie

Hi,

This is very interesting to me in how people react towards many of you, yet many of you would look & be better dressed than i am & most of you would ether have your own hair or wear a wig & have make up on...

Yet i expect people to look at myself because i sure dont blend in , Today would be no different than most days ,

Jos & i did the last of our shoping & she said quite a few people were looking at me , now these would be people i dont know tho i did talk with friends at different shops & others we know . Oh i watch people as we pass each other. & yes they do look,

One reason being in my avatra the head wear i have there is worn as a turbin & looks quite good my skirt was my muilty coloured different shades of pinks & a darker pink top so all my colours are in keeping with each other, & flat sandles what gives me away my turbin style head wear.

Well there is one thing i know i'll be talked about as being different & stand out & seen by over some 400 people, you know what we cant all blend in you know......

...noeleena...

Gold Member
    I am going to echo Stephanie. Whenever someone has stared at me, I look their way and give them a great big smile. They either move on or light a smile up themselves. In the end, people can be curious and don't want to feel threatened. Being nice and approachable diffuses both.