Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans, Dec 26, 27, 28

New Orleans, Dec 26, 27, 28

I will be on vacation in New Orleans next week. I would love to meet up for coffee if there are any New Orleans gals out there. PM or IM me.

New Orleans, Day 1

As I mentioned before, I decided to dive in the deep-end and do a 3 day vacation in New Orleans completely en femme. I actually went en femme mode yesterday, but left home very early this morning for New Orleans completely dressed. First observation...loading the car is a pain in the rear with long hair and heels.

I stopped once on the way to New Orleans, to get gas, go to the bathroom, and get something to eat for breakfast. Between home and here, there are a myriad of safe and convenient places to stop, but all in vanilla-conservative country. I was quite nervous when stopping, opting to go through the drive through then pulling up to the gas pump. After I got gas, I went inside, went in the women's bathroom where another girl was waiting for one of the two stalls to open up. She smiled and said something about having to wait. I then chickened out and left and held it until I got to my hotel.

The hotel was interesting. Having to deal with unloading bags and a valet was nerve-racking (again in heels). I then had to wait in line at the front desk for about 15 minutes...again just nervous, no problems.

I then spent about 5 hours walking around the riverfront mall and the french quarter. I changed out of the jeans I was wearing into a dress, sweater tights, boots, and my (security blanket) winter coat. My winter coat is great. It has an internal turtle neck sweater part that zips high. Along with my long hair, this solves what i consider my least feminine (and all around worst) physical characteristic, my neck and facial profile. In addition, the jacket is tailored in a way to really highlight a high waist and hips.

When I left, two girls got on the elevator on the floor below me. One of them immediately complimented my boots. I whispered a thank you. On the walk to the mall (about 1/2 mile), I did not notice a single negative response. I am fairly paranoid and think I would have noticed at least some. Most people were too busy or if a guy looked at me, it seemed like they were checking me out or if a girl looked, like they were checking my outfit. I did have a couple of girls that seemed to notice that I was not a gg, but it was at the mall while shopping. I even sat at a crowded cafe and received no noticed leers or questionable looks. I did interact with several SAs, and I am positive that they all knew after I started talking, if they didn't before.

As I walked through the French Quarter an older gentleman told me, "If somebody has not already told you today, you are beautiful" and another younger guy said "take me home, I'm warm and cuddly." Did they know that I was a CD? Maybe. Either way, it was nice.

In conclusion, I am having a great time but am deeply conflicted. I love playing a girl, but know that I may never be totally passable. I do know that I do not want to be a girl fulltime (something I already highly suspected). I like being a boy too and have a comfort level there that just makes life easier. I liken being a boy to operating a motorboat and being a girl to sailing a sailboat. I might prefer the latter just because of the sport and challenge, but for everyday, the motorboat is preferred. Also, crossing streets with hair in your face is tedious.

I will report back with more experiences tomorrow.

Picture of coat:
    Last edited by miaTX86; 12-27-2011 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added picture of coat

sounds like a very liberating time wish I could be there with you post some pics have fun

P.S. you look amazing
    Last edited by Nigella; 12-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Mia, I have been in New Orleans a few times and if I were to spend a few days alone, en femme, that would be my city of choice. I have bought a number of feminine things there in drab (including makeup in the Max store in Saks in the interior mall on Canal street) and there wasn't a blink of the eye from anyone.

In my opinion, even if you are read, no one will say anything or even care to say anything, barring those who would like to flirt! My advice is to relax and enjoy yourself! This is the Big Easy, and easy is the word!!!

tina

Relax and have a good time. It sounds like you picked a great place to visit. How about some pics of you with your boots?

It definitely will get easier the more you do this. Congratulations on taking such a big step.

Quote Originally Posted by lolisa View Post
    sounds like a very liberating time wish I could be there with you post some pics have fun
    Quote Originally Posted by lolisa View Post
    P.S. you look amazing
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    Mia, I have been in New Orleans a few times and if I were to spend a few days alone, en femme, that would be my city of choice. I have bought a number of feminine things there in drab (including makeup in the Max store in Saks in the interior mall on Canal street) and there wasn't a blink of the eye from anyone.

In my opinion, even if you are read, no one will say anything or even care to say anything, barring those who would like to flirt! My advice is to relax and enjoy yourself! This is the Big Easy, and easy is the word!!!

tina
    Indeed. I feel pretty comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by TabithaLah View Post
    Relax and have a good time. It sounds like you picked a great place to visit. How about some pics of you with your boots?
    Will get some tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    It definitely will get easier the more you do this. Congratulations on taking such a big step.
    Thanks!

Mia,

What a great time you must be having. You look fantastic, so if anyone looks at you, remember this; it's the shoes and they are jealous! Travel safe.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

That is so cool and you look very pretty, wish one day I would have the nerve to do this. Keep us updated please ^^

Sounds like you are having a great time!! Your picture is cute. Tomorrow go to Cafe Du Monde and have coffee and Beignets.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    Sounds like you are having a great time!! Your picture is cute. Tomorrow go to Cafe Du Monde and have coffee and Beignets.
    That is my plan in the morning!

wonderful experience! That's just great. And frankly, if you 'pass' or are accepted, which is better? I know which I prefer. and again, congrats on your amazing adventure!
    Last edited by ThiHi; 12-26-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by ThiHi View Post
    wonderful experience! That's just great. And frankly, if you 'pass' or are accepted, which is better? I know which I prefer. and again, congrats on your amazing adventure!
    Thanks! Yes, that is a philosophical question. It would be nice to be accepted everywhere, but I would prefer to pass, as I could go anywhere if I did.

You spending NYE there? Anyway, I think Christmas-NYE season and mid-summer is best time to do a trip like this, if there isnt extensive snow and wind of course
    I have seen your previous pictures and I must say you look cute and sensual, and being that, you are onto journey to get your answers what you want from this. Good luck and enjoy your time

hi mia you look wonderful! i'm really pleased you're sharing your adventure with us hope you're having a great time girl
    jennifer

Looking good as always Mia! You are living what I want to do, I'm planning on Vegas enfemme in April. Stick with it, itsounds like it's going well for you. It has to be exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer_cd View Post
    hi mia you look wonderful! i'm really pleased you're sharing your adventure with us hope you're having a great time girl
    jennifer
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Looking good as always Mia! You are living what I want to do, I'm planning on Vegas enfemme in April. Stick with it, itsounds like it's going well for you. It has to be exciting!
    Thanks! You'll Love it!

Getting ready to head out to Cafe Du Monde this morning. Yesterday was rain, today is 20mph wind. Oh joy :-(

I 2nd the suggestion " Cafe Du Monde and have coffee and Beignets"

Mia, it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Based on the reactions, or lack thereof, you're obviously blending in very well...well enough that passing isn't really relevant. The great thing is that you're experiencing and enjoying life, interacting with people and for the most part being accepted as a woman.

Giggles, By day 5 you will be heading home witt the plan to clean out all out closets!

Day 2 - So far...

I got up early this morning and hit Cafe Du Monde and French Quarter. Also made it to some shops on Magazine Street. A lot of walking = sore feet. I am going to rest for a bit and maybe head out later. Still having fun, still similar reactions from people.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    have fun and thansk for sharing! You look great!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

You look good, have fun!!

Mia,

Your first full-time outing to New Orleans makes my first attempt in Tucson seem tame! (Hey, nobody flirted with me!) I'm sure it will get better and better -- New Orleans is one of our favorite places. Thanks for sharing what is sure to be a memorable experience.

Oh, and BTW -- my wife, who went to Tulane, said New Orleans is home to TG types. You sure picked the right place to start!
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 12-29-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: You've been here long enough to know what the 'edit' button is, posts merged!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Final Post:

On Tuesday afternoon, I met up with another young CD and we ended up hitting the French Quarter on Tuesday night. We had a fantastic time. It was essentially her first time out. We didnt have to buy any drinks and a TS girl told me "Fish, I love your dress!" which is apparently a compliment.

So, I guess my conclusions are that I am really comfortable out in public en femme but I definitely do not want to transition. I stopped on way home to get gas and had to pay in cash and get change with no weird looks and also stopped at Target and shopped near home, again with no raised eyebrows, including the cashier.

A couple of pics of me on my drive home outfit...