Thread: This site and progression to inner peace

This site and progression to inner peace

I fall into a group of older crossdressers that like many, started at a very young age. Yes it was a thrill. As a young boy you asked yourself what's wrong with me. but then you also desired to partake in the levels of dressing. We all need outlets and to fullfil our desires. Our teens come and go we act like normal guys and to an extent we are but something is diferent that we are born with. I truely believe that we are born to crossdress and situationa in life will trigger that uncontroled behavior. I wonder about the young dressers in here that have access to forums that openly discuss CDing. Where would I be in life now if back in the mid 70's and 80's, I as a youth was exposed to a open forum that I embrace as I do now in my early 50's. What I am trying to say , I speak for myself and in the last 4 or so years I have progressed to a point where I never thought I would be in my feminility. I would like to hear from those 20 something crossdressers on their perspective of life as a crossdresser. We read the sucess storys of the girls in here and we want to emulate and try to be that sucessful. I believe it is a common goal for one to pass and be accepted as a woman. What ever it takes to look like a girl we will do. If there is a future, where would the TG TV TS CD person be in the whole spectrum of like. I feel that society will have a large # of TG girls and that the lines of the male and female roles will be totally obscured. To me it is a bit frightning, where would I be if I was exposed to this information at a younger age. Actually I am a bit frightened on my late progression so far. Your thoughts:

Quite interesting I must say! I really think if all this computer knowledge was available in the seventys I would of fully transition! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hi Denise:

I am a cross dresser in my twenties. Until your question I had not considered the lack of access that older generations had, but I believe that some things are no different.
    I went through the, ‘what’s wrong with me’ phases .. purged my clothes, forced myself to ‘man-up’ etc. . . . But my experiences and observations tell me that for all of the ‘so called’ openness-acceptance blah blah .. a guy still won’t survive high school with his peers if he walks around in a dress.

I read many of the submissions to our wonderful forum but wonder sometimes if we are not setting some people up for one hell of a fall. We are so supportive and understanding and with that comes a tendency to say, “Sure tell your wife you wear her dresses”, “Sure tell the guys at the factory that you would rather be in a short pleated skirt rather than your oily denim overalls. “Sure tell the guys on the football squad that you can’t wait to get the helmet and pads off and slip into a frilly party frock …..”

Socially and career-wise you will still get crucified.

I dress to blend in, and manage to do so successfully, but never, ever, do I tell myself that I am a woman. I am a man in a dress. I pass en-femme, I can emulate women, but I am not one, period.

These days, our access to media is unparalleled, but in spite of all of that free-wheeling access to freely discuss and share our lives and issues, I don’t believe society is anywhere near to accepting Fred driving his tractor into the John Deere dealership wearing a dress.

In the past twenty years our access has changed swiftly and dramatically, but society’s mores still creep along at a snail’s pace.

Susan, thank you for your well expressed post! I'm in my 50s and I sometimes imagine it is so much easier for people in your generation. I guess it's still very much the same ... except perhaps the lynching mobs aren't as numerous as they were in prior generations. By this I mean there are more people who are aware of gender variance even if they're not ready to embrace the idea ... unless it is with someone they barely know.

You mention telling everyone. I agree it's not a good idea to tell the football team or the guys at the plant unless someone is transitioning, but a SO does need to know as soon as the relationship gets serious.
    Reine