Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about why your legs are shaved

Questions about why your legs are shaved

Last night me and my wife where over at our best friends house for a little party for Christmas and I had on shorts. About 10 of us out back (mostly girls at the time) sitting near the out door fire place and Susan V. ( one of the reasons I took the name Susan, she's beautiful ) says, " did you shave your legs". I answered her "yes I did" and she ask why. I told her well, first of all I like to bike, second I like to swim and it's makes me faster without all the hair on my legs. Third it makes my legs look awesome when I'm wearing stockings and 5 inch pumps. I got a good laugh because they all know that my biking and swimming are not on that level and for me to have stockings and 5 inch pumps on I must be crazy. No problem. Just tell the truth and all will be good. I can't wait until next week in Atlanta ( I don't live there) be wear those stockings and pumps out the the movies and dinner.

Lol..good answer Susan! Sometimes telling the truth is better than lying about it. Looks like it worked for you

I was sitting around one evening in the Summer in bike shorts, and a girl made a comment about cyclists shaving their legs. I said, "Nah, the cycling thing is more of an excuse, I just like the way they look." Of course, I was, a little bit drunk.

I haven't had anyone ask me why I shave my legs.. I'm sure that's because I just started, and since it's the winter time (and I don't go out en femme), no one ever sees my legs. But I'm sure the day will come when someone asks, and I think telling the truth like that is actually a great idea and I think I will use it.. who woulda thunk it??

So if they ask me if I'm serious, and if I really wear heels, I'll just reply "Yes of course I do.. I want to make myself feel taller." <<< That would be confusing to whomever I tell because I am 6'8" already...

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've never had anyone say anything about my legs; which I usually epilate. What cool about that is I'll epilate just before summer, so by mid summer it is growing out and by the end I'll epilate again. Then the rest of the year I'll just epilate when it needs it.
    Dana Ryan

Do what you have to do, but be proud.

The truth is always the best! No doubt! Unless you are working in goverment!ha,ha! I shave my legs 'cause they get hairy if I don't! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

This is a question that comes up a lot.
    I was asked, why do you shave your legs?
    So I gave an honest answer, I don’t like a hairy body. No C.D.ing was mentioned but it was honest.
    The worst reaction I have ever got is “that’s a bit weird” to which I replied “yep”

SUZY

Gone cottin choppin.
    Last edited by MarcyHunter; 01-11-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    Gone cottin choppin.

I had Psoriasis on my legs and it kept hair from growing on the bottom half of the leg. So I shave the top half to match the bottom half. That is what I told people who asked about it. Most girls get jealous about it. I never had a negative reaction from it. It is so much easier to live life when you don't lie. Just be proud of who you are. You could amaze yourself with how many people that will be proud of you for taking the chance to be yourself.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    My job is very hot in the summer months, and I sweat pretty bad. Shaved is not only cooler but makes for much less BO. I have used an eppi on my underarms for years as the hair would mat up and prevent the deodorant from doing anything. I use a blade or elect shaver not only with the legs but the chest as well. I know many other drivers shave their body hair in summer as some (like I) shave year round. and a few shave their heads as well... I am NOT go'n that far.
    Many women ask with a smile about it, all I do is smile back. UPS expects us to look our best, most take pride in that. That pride is something I CAN bring home from work.

Aspiring Member
    Tell whoever cares that you do it to promote better hygeine.
    I shave everywhere, neck to toes and I don't really care who may or may not have a problem with it. It's my body and I'll do with it as I please.
    (feels pretty darn sexy too)

I shave it all. When someone asks me why do you shave your arms? I reply I shave it all! My wife loves how it feels, You should try it!

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    The truth is always the best! No doubt! Unless you are working in goverment!ha,ha! I shave my legs 'cause they get hairy if I don't! Hugs!
    ain`t it the truth,,,,for both ...lol Merry Christmas Cynthia!
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol, i've done pretty much the same thing. when i was a kid, i was a pretty good and very dedicated racing cyclist, and of course, much to the bemusement of my parents, shaved my legs. aerodynamics. then i saw the state of a friends leg after a nasty crash and realised it wasn't just about the wind resistance - a clean leg was a huge boon to healing. when i 'burned' my leg on a tennis net, and later when i broke my leg, the hair stopped growing back all around the area of the injuries, so clean legs have always been easy to explain

i still keep 'em clean and after the 'hygiene' and 'health' and 'comfort' conversations, when asked, i do kid that my legs look amazing in heels. and they do

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1997 View Post
    I had Psoriasis on my legs and it kept hair from growing on the bottom half of the leg. So I shave the top half to match the bottom half. That is what I told people who asked about it. Most girls get jealous about it. I never had a negative reaction from it. It is so much easier to live life when you don't lie. Just be proud of who you are. You could amaze yourself with how many people that will be proud of you for taking the chance to be yourself.
    Kristy, I have moderate to severe Psoriasis (25%) and I have two Rx's for Betamethasone. Are you on similar meds?

As the saying goes..."The truth is stranger than fiction".
    It's something how an answer like that is accepted.
    I need to have foot surgery and the dr and I were discussing limitations afterwards. He looked at me and said "well, you don't wear high heels so it won't be a problem", I replied, "No, no that often". He just continued on without missing a beat.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have shaved my leggs for severaly years. Actually I did before I came out to my wife after too many years. She made a suggection once, because it made her itch in bed. Didn't have to tell me twice before she changed her mind. She doesn't like my dressing but whe likes the clean leggs. I epilate now, and she will remind me some times when I am behind in maintenance.

If I was in the same situation and a GG asked me this question I will tell her I do it so I can look just like you. If I'm asked by a dude I will say I've been doing it for years and just let the subject drop.

My wife just shaved my legs. So thanks for the solid answers

I shave my legs, arms, and chest because I like the look and feeling! I like to wake up at times at night and feel my silky nightgown, smooth arms and my own breasts.

My wife has absolutely no issues of my shaving myself year round.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

I'm with Suzy on this one... I just don't like hair. It feels so much cleaner and is less problematic!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I also shave my legs. The long hair on my legs starts to pull and pinch whenever I apply lotion to my legs or receive a pedicure. My wife constantly "reminds" me to put lotion on my legs to avoid that aged, dry skin appearance. I'm not asked that often, but my answer has served me well.

My answer is, Have you lived in the dessert for 18 months??
    Way back in '90, We soon found out that the sand fleas didn't bother you as much if you shaved, or wore pantyhose!!
    My wife thought it strange, but sent 12 pairs once I explained it to her.
    Panties,, That was still forbiden !!
    Not NOW though !!!!
    Last edited by Jamie2; 12-24-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: OOPS forgot a line

I've been shaving my legs for years, and no one has ever asked about it. I guess they either don't see it or they think I never had leg hair.