Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions about why your legs are shaved

Nobody ever asks why my legs are shaved after they see the big girly flower and butterfly tattoos that cover them.

- Diane

Just tell them you are doing your best Arnold Schwartzanegger impersonation, body builders always shave everything. And the pierced ears are actually cell phone antenna.
    Karen Francis

I have for several years. I spend a lot of time outdoors especially in the heat of summer golfing and working here in the south. It just is cleaner, cooler and looks better. Your legs also dry faster when you get out of the shower..

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    I just started shaving everything except my torso (as per my S.O.s request)

I agree that it makes for better hygiene. I plan to keep doing it tbvh, although Im going to need a LOT more shaving cream and razors now.

The most ironic thing is that Ive even gone out in guy's shorts with my shaved legs. Nobody has noticed them, but Ive gotten many remarks on why I no longer have a goatee.

My best friend didnt even notice until I outted myself and showed them to her. She said that having no hair on my arms made my tattoos look better and that I have great legs for being a big person. Made me feel good actually.

If anyone does ask me, my response will be, "Because I wanted them shaved." Everyone knows I swing both ways and are ok with it, so I honestly dont think they'd care or make a fuss about it. Plus Im a big gal and can take care of myself if things got extreme.

My legs have been shaved for years and the only people who have ever said anything are friends and family. Strangers have never commented except to say how good my legs look. Everyone knows I ride bicycles so I have that to fall back on. Like many of you girls I have come to hate hair. Shaving has become a ritual and I can barely miss one day of shaving my entire body. I just recently bought an epilator and have been using it on my arms to thin the hair and I love it. Hair free from the neck down!!!! Hugs Riki

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_Stephens View Post
    Kristy, I have moderate to severe Psoriasis (25%) and I have two Rx's for Betamethasone. Are you on similar meds?
    Hi Laura,

I am not on anything for the skin problem now. They had me on different creams that didn't seem to work very good. After going to the Dr. a couple of times with no results, I decided to try this. Which this may sound funny but what I did was used Aloe plant on the areas two or three times a day or more in the beginning or every time it itch and bake my legs in the sun as much as I could. I live in MN. so I couldn't lay in the sun during the winter months. It took about two years to get rid of it. I haven't had to deal with it for years now but no hair grows on my lower legs.
    I feel sorry for anyone that has it. The itching drove me crazy.

I don't shave except for my crotch area. I use Nair with Aloe a couple of times a week on my legs, chest and underarms and it works really great. I just wish there was some kind of cream to use on the crotch area.