Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your positives of 2011??

What are your positives of 2011??

I see people posting all of their negative happenings of 2011.

What about the good things in life??

What are the good things that you chose to focus on to keep you going instead of the bad things that could drag you down.

For me, I could look at it negatively that it took me over fifty years to transition or I could look at, since I finally decided to transition, all of the enjoyment I've experienced over the last 3 months. All of the new friends I have now and all the wonderful experiences that I have had.

That doesn't mean I haven't had any bad experiences, but I would sooner focus on the good things that happened to me. Like the girls that are calling me there girl friend now and not a guy that won't even talk to me at work. Or maybe a complete stranger that encourages me to keep being me and not that person that looks away in disgust. Or even all the girls that have given me hugs and not the people that won't even take a chance to get to know me.

So let's hear it girls, what great things have happened to you in 2011?

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1997 View Post
    What about the good things in life?? What are the good things that you chose to focus on to keep you going instead of the bad things that could drag you down.
    That's easy for me. I'm an optimist. I always look down the "food chain" rather than up. I'm still married to the woman of my dreams. I'm still employed. We still have a house and food on the table. We're both still healthy (as far as we know). We don't have large debts. Another day above ground ...etc etc. Always remember no matter how bad it feels, there is always someone (lots actually) who is worse off than you? Don't believe me? Read the world news.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    2011 has been a good year. My biggest positive? Well, at first, it seemed like a life-changing negative. A few months ago, my wife found out about this site. No, she hasn't signed up or anything (nor may she ever). Instead, due to carelessness (or fate or God or whatever you may believe) she saw my history on this site. To say it was a revelation would be an understatement.

Some would wonder; why is this positive? It is positive because it opened a dialog between us. It opened up communication between us. It opened up my eyes on how she saw some of the things I was doing, and surprise, surprise - they weren't always the same as my thoughts.

So, although it seemed a negative at the time, I do believe that it led to, and continues to lead to a better life for both of us. How will that life look? I don't know. I do know that I love this woman with all of my heart. I don't know if she can ever accept this part of me, but it doesn't matter. She loves me and that is enough.

So, that is my positive for 2011.

Kathi

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My positives for 2011. We spent the entire year babysitting our only grandson (24 mos old in Jan 2012) three days each week to help our daughter out until he starts preschool. Other grandparents take him the other two days. Been a joy to watch him grow and develop. I discovered my true self in September, and embraced cross dressing and it stopped an ugly spiral that had my wife disliking who I was becoming, due to the conflict of not really knowing what was going on in my mind. We are both at peace now and I am improving as a male, and really enjoying working on improving my femme side. She has embraced who I am.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I went to ed every night and woke up every morning. At my age that is positive.

That's a great way to look at things first of all.. Shows ultimate maturity!

I have had many bad things happen (pre-CDing) in this past year, particularly the first 9 months lol.. But most of that has been canceled out since I started dressing a couple months ago. Even when I was going through what really was the worst year of my life, I feel that I ended it on such a great note. (Aside from the fact that I'm still alive, have food, shelter etc.) I have discovered a special part of me that brought me to these forums in the first place. And for that, I am forever grateful for 2011. Looking forward to a great 2012, and life lived to the fullest!

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Hi,

Being accepted in a way that says acceptance is there for those who are not afried of getting out doing things joining groups & getting known ,being a part of & with people,

Life is for liveing ....yes.... focus only on the negitives you soon get over taken by that, so work around that till you have the positives instead,

...noeleena...

I'm positive the price af food and gas has sky rocketed! OH wait a minute! That's another story!
    I've had a few positives ! The main one being I enjoy and respect life much more then ever before! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    That's an easy one...my wife found out about my dressing. Now I am free to express myself (with some limits). Life has been better, and I have been much happier! I only wish that I had told her long ago. It made me realize how deep her love for me runs.
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

i found out who i am , i retired , i told my SO as soon as i found out and she bought me my frist dress , i volunteer at the local theater did i meantion i love being a CD.....................di

Banned Read only
    It has been a GREAT year for me in many ways
    - i have made some very dear friends this year, largely thru this site
    - i have taken the first concrete steps to aligning my gender identity and gender expression by starting hrt
    - i told my son about my gender issues

All in all, a good year

I wouldn't know where to begin, it's been a great year. Everything has gone right for me. I hope it continues for me, and everyone else on the forum this comming year.

Gold Member
    Only one thing that matters. My wife is very healthy for the first time in years.

I had no real negatives. Have a great family... Both kids are done with school. And they have no tuition debt to start out with. I paid off my mortgage. Have zero debt. Have great job... With a great pension. Have enough money to retire if I want. But crossdressing on an expense account is hard to walk away from! Lol. Life is good
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It was a good year. It was a productive year at work.

I also found my female voice, made some good friends, got myself into the best shape of my life, joined this site, made some long range plans that still appear on track..

I'm optimistic about 2012.

2011 was when my wife kicked off my crossdressing. It was a tough year overall. But she made a huge change in my life. I enjoy it so must

I finally accepted myself for who I am, my wife accepts and encourages me. Everyone is healthy here. I'm still alive.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Although the year started with a few downers I it has ended with:
    1. Joining this forum in March and meeting so many wonderful girls.
    2. Go out for the first time and feeling great doing it.
    3. Having my health and looking forward to a great 2012.
    Happy Holidays to everyone,
    Rachael

Dispite my earlier post it was a great year for me. Greater acceptance from my wife, the chance to go to DLV and be dressed for an entire week and out in the general population for the first time and the freedom to openly select clothing, shoes, etc. to add to my growing wardrobe. Looking very forward to 2012.

I have two wonderful grandsons that because of circumstances are living with me with mother. Even though it has almost taken all my dressing time away, I have gotten to know them and realize how special they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Only one thing that matters. My wife is very healthy for the first time in years.
    I feel so good when I hear things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Rose View Post
    I've had a good year. I got promoted! Yeah
    Congratulation Rose, I hope the rest of the year is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    I finally accepted myself for who I am, my wife accepts and encourages me. Everyone is healthy here. I'm still alive.
    I myself would think self acceptableness is one of the most important thing in life.

It is so nice to see wonderful posts of good and wonderful things that has happen in other people lives. It energizer me.

Good job, good family, making lots of friends and most important of all...
    I ramped up the whole wardrobe and stepped out that door on Halloween and people told me I looked darn good. But I'm not bragging. lol