Thread: Are there any girls in Europe?

Are there any girls in Europe?

After having a diet of London girls I thought I would stir Europe up a bit.
    The further east I go, the more I hear echoes from the west. At the moment the IN DEPTH discussion seems to be in the thread "A Bit Of Serious Stuff".
    I think everyone is losing the plot. Some interesting discussions there though.
    Ok! I would like to hear from girls with a totally different perspective.
    EUROPEAN girls. How areyou accepted over here.
    I am in Calais France for now. Going to Brussels and maybe further tomorrow.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    I think you should start closer to home Beverley like the views of members not in London but in the real UK, are we accepted NO

I'm sorry Emma, I will be back doing over all the bed and breakfasts in 3 to 4 weeks time. I would have thought over the years with all the odd literature (lonley housewives putting their pictures in mags etc.) I have seen that there would have been a reasonable acceptance. Thanks for the heads up, the backbone? Up and down the west coast?
    When I think of it around Liverpool/Blackpool never looked that good to me.
    The girl in Milton Keynes got to me the other day.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 12-26-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Last line comment
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    I think you should start closer to home Beverley like the views of members not in London but in the real UK, are we accepted NO
    Sadly that is very true. I think the UK has a very conservative view of men in women's clothes and it is viewed pretty much as not socially acceptable. So those who do it will get odd looks and comments.

I travel the UK at times and often wear female clothes while travelling or in hotels out of the way of anyone who should see/know me. I get odd looks/stares and comments but in fairness most people do it quietly but leave me alone to be myself. Sadly I am haunted by the (rude and nasty) comments of my colleagues a few months back. One saw a man en-femme on a train in full female mode. She "kindly" took photos and sent them as SMS's to a few of us with the title of "look at the freak on the train opposite me". Everyone at work found it funny except me... When that is what you face, acceptance is never going to happen...

Doesn't matter where you are, most major town/cities appear to have this reaction to men in women's clothes

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaire Larnia View Post
    Sadly that is very true. I think the UK has a very conservative view of men in women's clothes and it is viewed pretty much as not socially acceptable. So those who do it will get odd looks and comments.

I travel the UK at times and often wear female clothes while travelling or in hotels out of the way of anyone who should see/know me. I get odd looks/stares and comments but in fairness most people do it quietly but leave me alone to be myself. Sadly I am haunted by the (rude and nasty) comments of my colleagues a few months back. One saw a man en-femme on a train in full female mode. She "kindly" took photos and sent them as SMS's to a few of us with the title of "look at the freak on the train opposite me". Everyone at work found it funny except me... When that is what you face, acceptance is never going to happen...

Doesn't matter where you are, most major town/cities appear to have this reaction to men in women's clothes
    I am sooo sorry you had to experience that, I am constantly telling our sisters in the states, that they do not know how lucky they are re the acceptance of those who dare to be different ie us

I am in Germany. I find people very tolerant and even accepting. Only disparaging comments usually come from Mediterranean males with an oversupply of testosterone and and under supply of brains.

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    Thats probably true @GirlyBoy163, I am from Berlin, you get some looks of course, some laugh, and some imigrands or proud national skin heads can get aggressive, but for the normal crowd your fine, they do not really care. We have a huge gay community including various clubs here, where also crossdressers are excepted (even if not gay ).
    Studying nature (since 8 years) but still figuring myself out (since 18 years ^^ - should have started earlier)

Korean music is cool and girly: Orange Caramel, Girls Generation, Kara

I am from the U.K. and lived here all my life. I feel that I can only speak about acceptance in my country.

In the U.K. men dressed in women’s clothing are seen as freaks and are totally unaccepted by the vast majority of people here.
    Most people here are too polite to get openly aggressive or make rude remarks. But some younger people in a group will openly confront you.
    Because most people go past without saying anything or are polite to us we can easily mistake that for acceptance, but its not.

I think I am living in the real world when it comes to this subject. Others here will strongly disagree and I respect there views but I know what I see and I know people.

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley128 View Post
    EUROPEAN girls. How areyou accepted over here.
    Well, I'm not out and about, so I don't know.

I'll be at home in Ireland with the kids in the first week of January... I wonder sometimes how life would have developed for me as a CDer, if I had stayed in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyBoy1963 View Post
    I am in Germany. I find people very tolerant and even accepting...
    I'll go along with that, GirlyBoy - Germany is an incredibly free country - I feel priveledged to live here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiewouldbenice View Post
    We have a huge gay community including various clubs here, where also crossdressers are excepted (even if not gay ).
    My SO visited
    http://heimathafen-neukoelln.de/?q=JoeyArias
    while in Berlin recently... trying to understand me.
    She had a very lovely evening with interesting exchanges (also about me) with gay men in particular.
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Junior Member Sophiewouldbenice's Avatar
    I never heard of this location and event
    Studying nature (since 8 years) but still figuring myself out (since 18 years ^^ - should have started earlier)

Korean music is cool and girly: Orange Caramel, Girls Generation, Kara

I'm in Scotland. Part of a group of like minded people so dont worry to much. I don't normally dress enfemme in public unless at a party or organised event. Where I have found acceptance though is when shopping. I've found a few shops where the SAs are very open and accept me for what I am they even offer assistance when trying things on. This makes things a lot easier.

Chewies sister-moulted!
    It seems to be that people of our nature must have a place of gathering to be slightly accepted over here in England . Clubs , London ,Brighton or Manchester are very popular destinations . BUT if a crossdresser is seen openly out in public it still causes offence , verbal abuse and violence in some cases . I think most peoples idea of why a man dresses like a woman over here is for only one reason . Sex . Sordid and dirty sex. It then results into a misunderstood slandering of how crossdressers are nothing more than perverts . England is a beautiful country ( fast becoming a Euro dumping ground - different topic ) that has always supported the world , but in some cases been far to ready as a nation of people to label others who are totally different.
    What is odd however , although at times we are labelled freaks or perverts , just look at the Crossdressing dating sites , they are full of married men looking for fun .
    Double standards it may be , but denial is not just a river in Egypt .
    Is it ?
    Last edited by Shelly67; 12-28-2011 at 01:06 AM.

I SO wish there was some place to go in Europe...