Hey everyone, my name's Alexis, and I've wanted to go in the Army my whole life pretty much, but also been a crossdresser my whole life and one thing I got a say, I think I've had the good fortune to actually embrace and accept this part of me during college, before going in the Army, because I know what I'm going to do with it.

Both my parents, my older sister, and my whole fraternity from college know about it, and I've go out to LGBT bars and other places I consider safe. When I started college I was trying to deny this part of me, but over the last few years I've found ways to safely embrace it even while I was in ROTC.

Anyway, I'm posting partly because I know I'll have challenges as a crossdresser and would love some insights, but don't want to stop being myself. Both the crossdressing and my desire to serve are immense parts of me.

I plan to put my safety above all else going in the Army, and I expect I'll enjoy my time in the Army, even if I don't end up staying long for reasons related to CDing or them trying to make cuts.

So anyway, I wanted to know what people think of my plans....

Right now I still hang around a predominantly lesbian LGBT bar while dressed up and occasionally go shopping carefully in some places. For me just doing this on occasion is enough, and I've gone extended periods without it (don't think I'll have an urge to buy a burqa over in Kabul), but I don't want to run from me either completely and so my plan was to use the internet to get in touch with supportive people in cities relatively close to my duty station (probably at least 30 minutes away though) when I get to one, and have a fraternity brother of mine who I trust mail all my things (clothes, shoes, wig, etc.) for me to someone who I can safely go out with occasionally as Alexis.

I'm curious if anyone would have any critiques or suggestions to add to these plans. I'm pretty sure I won't have too much trouble keeping this from the Army, but then I've still yet to start Basic. Also, another additional question, I am wondering about shaving these days in the military. One of my CD friends who's in says it's not a big deal, people might look at you a little weird or even tease, but it doesn't go too far or prevent advancing.

I'm going to have a lot of other questions actually related to this, but I don't want to write a whole book just yet, lol