Thread: Nice lady a store

Nice lady a store

My wife takes care of most of the shopping in our house and for Christmas we have the stockings hanging on the fireplace and she will fill them with little everyday things like socks t-shirt, underwear and every year no one fills hers and we all feel bad. So this year i thought i would go out and get her a few things to fill her stocking. I went to Wal-mart and i was looking at getting some socks, pantyhose and maybe razors and body wash, all little things. I was in the store and i went to the socks and it was in the same isle as the pantyhose, and while i was looking for the socks and pantyhose and had a few pairs in my hand, there were a few women there and one women said to me that i would not need control top pantyhose because i have a thin figure. At first i didn't know what to say and i was just about to say that they were for my wife, and then thought well let's go with it, and told her i know that there a bit uncomfortable and tight but i like how they shape my waist. Now i don't know if this lady was all there but she then grabbed another pair and said, you should be wearing these with the soft control top because they are much more comfortable and that i didn't need the full support and that i could even get away with a nude with no support at all. I was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable because there were other women around listening to us and then i told her they were for my wife, she grabbed to more pairs and handed them to me and in a low voice said, sure they are sweetie. I don't shop for Maria and there are time's when shopping with my wife and lose her in the racks and women see me in the women section give me funny looks but if every lady was like that one i would shop for Maria everyday. I don't know how it feels to shop for women cloths maybe some of you women could explain if you are comfortable or not to shop for women cloths
    Last edited by Maria 60; 12-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Glad you had such a good shopping experience Maria. I went this summer to Walmart with intentions to purchase my first panties. I chickened out the first two times and finally on the third try I stayed in the isle long enough to get what I wanted and check out. (with some oil filters and other manly things) The more you shop the more comfortable you will become. Now I have been in several different stores Ross, CATO, Payless, Kohl's, and Fredrick's of Hollywood to name a few. I still get a little uncomfortable when shopping for certain things, like bra's. It's harder to get away with saying you're buying it for the wife if it's something that is so dependant on fit.

Anyway, two weeks ago I had my ears pierced and walked into Fredrick's of Hollywood and told the SA that I needed a bra and that it was for me. Ended up getting a bra measurement and fitting, bought the bra and some enhancers, and the SA even gave me a discount and told me to make sure and come back to see them. I assured her I would.

It takes time but like many other things that are hard to start with it gets easier with practice.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Gold Member
    Some of us can go right out and chat it up while shopping. Others (like me) have to build up the confidence. As you can see, it really wasn't any life ending event to talk with the lady and she was being truly helpful. But our fears can get in our way real easy and it may take going out more and more to break down the walls. But you will probably find that most of the time when they engage you, it will be a good event. You may have a little less luck if you do the engaging, but what the heck. Once you get comfortable, you will just move on and it is over.

So I would start thinking about how much fun and how helpful it would be to talk about the clothing with an SA or anyone that engages you. You still may back off some at first while that comfort level rises. But if you keep it in your mind, you will eventually find your comfort level.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have shopped for womens clothes for myself and my wife for many years. And I have no idea how many women have talked to me while I was buying myself feminine things like panties, stockings, pantyhose, or skirts and tops. I have been offered all kinds of advice on what I should wear or what would look best on me. And many times, especially now that my dear wife has passed on, I am dressed enfemme but wearing no makeup or wig. So I am definitely a guy buying womens things! Never has been a problem and I hope never will be.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I love to shop for myself!! I have no reservations in doing so!
    Rather that sweet lady war right or not! She knew your number!ha, Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I think you've found a place to return to shop! Next time ask her advice on something and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much fun this could be.

My best line is when I went into a Dots (women's clothing), told them I had a fancy event coming up and asked them to "dress me". They set up a room and brought me outfit after outfit....how nice was that!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Eyed Girl View Post
    I think you've found a place to return to shop! Next time ask her advice on something and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much fun this could be.

My best line is when I went into a Dots (women's clothing), told them I had a fancy event coming up and asked them to "dress me". They set up a room and brought me outfit after outfit....how nice was that!
    That sounds like a dream come true.

Platinum Member
    The woman was both helpful and understanding....if a bit presumptuous. I wonder if you may have given some tells....maybe just knew more than the average man would know.

Its been a while since I have shopped for myself en drabb... But one occasion stand out. Once I bought some queen size lace top stay ups. The SA asked to make sure I had the size right and I assured her that I did. At that point, she smiled broadly and asked me to wait while she ran back to the stock room. She came back with an opened package of stockings, same size with attached garterbelt. She said they couldn't sell returned hosiery once the package was open and I was welcome to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    The woman was both helpful and understanding....if a bit presumptuous. I wonder if you may have given some tells....maybe just knew more than the average man would know.

Its been a while since I have shopped for myself en drabb... But one occasion stand out. Once I bought some queen size lace top stay ups. The SA asked to make sure I had the size right and I assured her that I did. At that point, she smiled broadly and asked me to wait while she ran back to the stock room. She came back with an opened package of stockings, same size with attached garterbelt. She said they couldn't sell returned hosiery once the package was open and I was welcome to have them.
    Thats amazing i would shop myself for Maria if all the sa were all nice like that

I've found that the tone or attitude I receive when shopping for women's clothes while en drab is almost completely dependant on MY ATTITUDE. I find that when I'm really excited about the items I find, my apprehension disappears and my thoughts are all about the clothes. When that happens, I find the GG shoppers become chatty, smile, offer advice, ask advice, and it really turns out to be fun. I used to have these elaborate BS stories ready, which did nothing but waste the SA's time, and make me feel bad for lying. I also find that everyone becomes even friendlier when I've selected something, have it in my hand, and am obviously there to buy, not just paw the merchandice. My latest advance is, when shoe shopping, go underdressed with pantyhose or even just knee highs. And try the shoes on before buying. I can get them to FIT that way, and not have to get a reputation of being a "refund" only shopper. That keeps them (and me) really happy. I haven't become brave enough to try on dresses, but that's next! Hugs, Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stockings View Post
    I've found that the tone or attitude I receive when shopping for women's clothes while en drab is almost completely dependant on MY ATTITUDE. I find that when I'm really excited about the items I find, my apprehension disappears and my thoughts are all about the clothes. When that happens, I find the GG shoppers become chatty, smile, offer advice, ask advice, and it really turns out to be fun. I used to have these elaborate BS stories ready, which did nothing but waste the SA's time, and make me feel bad for lying. I also find that everyone becomes even friendlier when I've selected something, have it in my hand, and am obviously there to buy, not just paw the merchandice. My latest advance is, when shoe shopping, go underdressed with pantyhose or even just knee highs. And try the shoes on before buying. I can get them to FIT that way, and not have to get a reputation of being a "refund" only shopper. That keeps them (and me) really happy. I haven't become brave enough to try on dresses, but that's next! Hugs, Linda
    I usually go shopping with the wife wearing panties and pantyhose under my pants and i take off my socks in the car and only wear pantyhose with my shoes. Went to Wal-mart one night and found a great pair of heels for something like $5 dollars and wife told me to try them on there. It was a quit night there and i tried them on and what a rush when i took my shoe off and seen my pantyhosed foot out in the open. It was funny because as soon as i put my foot back in my shoe a lady came in the isle and i was still putting my foot in and the heels were on the floor in front of me. She gave me and my wife a funny look and walked away. It was risky but fun.
    Last edited by Maria 60; 12-29-2011 at 07:33 PM.

I have found that a large number of people thatI have dealt with have been pretty decent about it. I used to buy and return. I would simply guess the size I needed and hope for the best. Now I tend to go in and try stuff on. If I need any info I usually try to speak with the SA that greeted me when I came in. I have tried on dresses and skirts in the stores although I tend to try and go closer to their opening hours so the store is not so busy. This is for a couple reasons:

1) I feel more comfortable with less people even when I am just walking down the street or going anywheer as a man nevermind while shopping for womens clothes/shoes

2) I believe that it probably makes them more comfortable as well in that they are trying to be helpful in what may be a weird situation for them. Perhaps she doesn't want to seem to pushy or overwhelming because you are actually a man and you might be uncomfortable. Maybe she will be worried about not paying enough attention and making you feel like an unvalued customer. Ahh so many possiblilities so I try to go when I will be the only one that she needs to worry about.

I do make it a point to generally not stick around too long if nobody greets me. I just think a business should greet customers when they enter to provide a friendly environmnet. I am surprised at how many womens clothing stores I go into where nobody says hello to me but every woman that walks in gets a greeting. Maybe they think I have the flu and want to stay away and not catch it?