Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think you"ll ever stop Crossdressing?

Do you think you'll ever stop Crossdressing?

So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress? I personly think I'll stop when I get a girlfriend... unless of course she doesn't mind my little hobby and having a boyfriend who could also be a girlfriend

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    If one of my S.O.s (yes, Im polyamorous) had a serious problem with it to the point that they wouldnt want me to do it at all, Id stop. Thankfully thats not the case. My boyfriend does think its awkward, but he just asks that I dont do it around him. Might be tough though as I plan to look androgynous.
    Last edited by Nigella; 12-27-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Why quote the OP??

I think it depends on where CDing falls on your priority list..

If it's your number 1 priority, then you don't stop for anybody.

If it's NOT your number one priority, it would depend on whether it conflicted with higher priorities. So my answer at this point in my life is that CDing is not my number 1 priority, and if it were to seriously conflict with what are priorities in my life, then I would have to let it go.. or be much better at hiding it lol.. (Unless I felt it conflicted with my religious beliefs, cause you can't hide from your spirit world.. but that's another subject)

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Makeup addict!
    Honestly, If my romantic partner wanted me to stop, I would

I don't think i can, threw my life from the age about 9 i don't think i have gone one day without owning or having some form of fem clothing. A week before i was to be married i threw out all my stuff except for a pair of pantyhose.The day before i got married i put them on for the last time and swore i would never wear another pair of pantyhose again. Boy was i wrong because when i came back from our honeymoon and back to work i would come home and there was pantyhose on the floor, hanging in the shower and drawers full of different colours and brands and the first chance i had i put a pair on, and that was the first time i wore my wife's pantyhose and realized that i can't live without them. The same night after dinner i came out to my wife and told her from the first day i started to the same morning that i had put on a pair of hers and i didn't want to hide this from her. I was surprised that she had a few questions mostly if i was gay and if i wanted to be a women and i told her no for both and she understood why i didn't tell her before. She then told me she didn't want me to wear her things and that for now i could wear her skirts and cloths and we went out to buy me a few panties and a couple of pair of pantyhose. I was lucky she was cool about and she still is but i believe even she knows i don't think i could live a day without pantyhose.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I thought that it would go away, especially after I got married. It did for a while, then it came back. I think that when you start doing it, it is something that doesn't go away.
    Dana Ryan

I started probably when I was five, then from 18 to 40 largely quit. Realize now that was a totally uptight part of my life. Now that I have fully embraced my CD'ing and feel complete (and liberated), there is no way I would go back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Tried many times over the years...I just kept coming back. I really don't think I can stop...I got irritable and depressed when I tried to stop (plus, I purged a lot of really cute stuff!). I just don't feel complete without it. I need a little bit of girl time every day. It relaxes me and makes me feel "right".
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Just a thought, if you were to take feminisation to it's ultimate point .... would it still be cross dressing? I mean at what point is it no longer "cross" dressing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a very accepting, understanding , and participating SO. So I can't think of a reason to ever stop. I can't think of a reason to ever give up what is part of me/us.

I knew marriage was the "cure" and as soon as I got married the craving to dress would just go away, be unneeded so to speak, it lasted for 5 years and almost ruined my marriage, when I finally figured out why I was suck a miserable person, I told her what I was, went back to dressing, became a good and loving husband, saved my marriage, and been happy every since. So no I don't think I will try that again.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

You might be able to stop wearing the clothes, but you will still be a crossdresser.
    It is what is is.

be careful and be honest with someone who would share your life. This is different for everyone, but it is a strong desire. In 1970, without any good honest facts available, I thought a loving wife would CURE this. I moderate and put the needs of family first. My wonderful bride is not fully on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayle Adell View Post
    So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress? I personly think I'll stop when I get a girlfriend... unless of course she doesn't mind my little hobby and having a boyfriend who could also be a girlfriend
    Ever thought of stopping???? Gee, only every day for the first 45 years.
    I used to think I'd stop when I got married...then that made it so much easier as there was suddenly this complete wardrobe available. The purges came more frequently, but so did the new purchases.
    Then about 7 years ago I stopped...stopped denying this part of myself and realized that this is who I needed to be to be complete. Ever since then my wife has become extremely supportive, we've become closer than ever and I've never been happier, more confident in myself, more relaxed in all phases of my life and free of all the guilt I carried with me for all those years.

Now I don't ever think about quitting any more than I think about amputating my leg.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I know there's two ways I can stop. Death... And stop taking my medications which will cause my brain tumor to go out of control again and I'll stop crossdressing again and then die! neither I have on my to-do list. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Kayle Adell View Post
    So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress?
    No, not at all, Kayle!
    Don't be ridiculous!
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Silver Member
    I stopped every time I started for years!

Don't fool yourself - what's there is there. You may stop for a while with a new relationship ... but it will be back.

Lea

I remember almost a lifetime ago saying that I would stop when I got a girlfriend as I genuinely thought it was a substitute, but it wouldn't go away, even on changing girlfriends! Then I got married and vowed that this time it would stop... but after a couple of years the urges came back, kids... same thing... I have bought clothes and 'purged' many times over the years, but it always comes back. About ten years ago I started shaving my body and accepted that it is part of who I am and embraced it. I feel a lot better as a person, but my wife can't fully accept it so I am quietly 'tolerated' as long as she doesn't see anything of Kaz!

Had I accepted it before I got married, I guess things would have turned out differently!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Yes absolutely, I fully intend to stop for ever and will never ever do it again in this lifetime once I stop. I just haven't figured out yet how I'm gonna get all my shoes and clothes into my casket. A girl ought to look her best at the pearly gates hadn't she?

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    "Think" about quitting? SURE!
    My wife and I have separated 3 times with the crossdressing being the blame each time. She has a horrid hate of it, even a Kilt (looks too much like a skirt) is out of the question around her.
    We are talking now about if there is a way to work around it and save our marriage, I have "thought" about quitting, throw everything away and just fit in ... I have try that many times before with same result.
    I believe she is starting to see it is not something I can just "not do"; as it has come to light others in my family have had very similar issues.

I genuinely thought I had stopped when I got married. I hadn't crossdressed at all for over two years. I was happy with my girlfriend, then wife. I stayed happy (and only underdressing very, very occasionally) for the next 26 years. Then it started again. I don't know what the trigger was, all I know is that I've got bitten by the CD bug much harder this time. It could be that all the kids have left home now. I've never bothered with forms or wigs before, but this time they've become important to me! I suppose I've always been a CDer and I probably always will be to some extent now.

Yes, I think you probably can put CDing on hold, but how long for is another question entirely. If you've been CDing for several years then I suspect that you could never actually quit. I don't think it depends on priorities, it is far deeper than that.
    **-* Kath *-**
    Let them see that their words can cut you and you’ll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can’t hurt you with it anymore.
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Do I think of quitting! YES! Do I think I ever will quit! NO! If I had a choice I would quit yesterday! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yes, I will stop crossdressing when I complete transition.

The short answer is no. After 39 years of this, if it was going to go away, it already would have. And frankly, I enjoy it too much.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Yes, many, many, many, many times until I got fed up with the purges and the cost on the pocket book. Now it is toned down to mostly underdressing, 24/7. I always liked the clothes and how they feel. Some guys like guns, fishing, boats, cars, or hardware stores, auto shops. Well, you get the picture, I like womens clothes, especially lingerie, no big deal.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!