Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you think you"ll ever stop Crossdressing?

NEVA.................. not doing so puts me indenial . Being in a "Denial " stage is what has caused me to be a recovering alcoholic .

I am currently living at my mother's house so I can't have anything feminine visible, most of the times (like right now) I am limited to a pair of pantyhose under my pants and my red painted toenails. As soon as I get my own place, however, I am quite sure this is only going to get more intense. I imagine myself being completely dressed as a woman at all times when at home. To be honest, I don't think I'll ever quit. My desire to be married and have a family is quite strong but I'll see if crossdressing and me as a family man can co-exist happily, probably not however. In which case I will be forced to quit. Now how does one do such a thing?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    If it's not the lack of interest in crossdressing that will stop me, it definitely would be age and/or the diminishing of physical health that would put a halt to my crossdressing. I truthfully don't see myself being over 60 and crossdressing, unless of course I end up looking as good as some of the elder individuals on here do.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 12-28-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I simply have to from time to time, if not daily. I've spent too much time arguing with myself, and pretending, only to have it come back with a vengeance.

When I go out, pretty much every girl I meet sees me first and right away wearing women's clothes. Interestingly enough, they are more talkative, open, and accepting of me from the beginning, whereas when I was playing the role of "guy" it was tougher to get women to talk to me. In fact, in the cities I've lived where I could "go out" I simply don't when wearing guy clothes anymore, unless I'm with people who don't know this about me yet.

Several of the last few female friends I've made saw me first en femme. And it works out so much better in the long run because on the one hand they see me as their girlfriend, or gay friend, yet it's usually pretty clear to them that I'm (mostly) straight. Truth is that I was already 25 before I really started to have a sex life.

I can never put away the drama (call me what you will but I love it), beautiful dialogue, exposure to personalities, human elements, and fun that has come since that time.

I'll never turn back.

After several purges and lots of self loathing/being run over by the guilt/shame train I do not ever plan on stopping. Everytime I do it pushes me into a deep depression and almost to nervous breakdown.

Now that I have come out to my wife and been to some counseling I feel relieved, as if a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. My wife, tolerant, has told me it is ok but she does not want to participate and that is fine. I enjoy dressing and it helps me to decompress. My anxiety is almost totally gone when I do get to dress.

I love this thread. It's amazing to me how similar everyone's story is. I've tried stopping everytime I've started! "That's it! This is the last time!" Yeah, right...see how long that lasts. About a year ago I made the decision that this is part of who I am, and that won't change. And yeah, it's tons of fun! Still haven't told my wife yet, but it's really encouraging to read all the post here from married girls with accepting wives. I used to think there was no way in hell I'd ever tell another soul about this, but that attitude is starting to change...

I have tried to stop over the last 40 years, but I cannot stop thinking about it and truly missing it. I cannot actually dress much right now but I know deep down that this is a large part of who I am and hopefully one day I can come out to my wife. But until then I will be in the closet and thank God I found this site. I also believe that I started cross dressing because it is part of what I was born with, I can't fantasize by myself or with my wife without thoughts of being dressed and usually with a man.

why would i stop doing some thing that makes me this happy and fullfilled

susie

I can't give it up.If anything it's getting worse.i buy more clothes and shoes than most women own.And I love when they come in the mail.
    I look forward to getting done with work so i can dress.It's when I'm happiest.

Banned Read only
    If I end up moving to Japan in a permament manner at any time in my future, then I'll probably quit. If not, then I'll most likely be CD'ing the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle8 View Post
    ...If anything it's getting worse...
    Better, Michelle, better! Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kayle Adell View Post
    So, I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about quitting crossdress? I personly think I'll stop when I get a girlfriend... unless of course she doesn't mind my little hobby and having a boyfriend who could also be a girlfriend
    For me, no. I have thought about quitting when I get a girlfriend, but I don't think it's possible, for me at least. I won't quit crossdressing even if I had a girfriend, or boyfriend. I want to be myself and hope that a potential partner will accept myself for who I am.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Here I sit in drab thinking that I just might quit one of these days. I'm getting a little bored with it. I'll be out both evenings this weekend. Sometimes it gets a little tiring and I have boy interests calling out for my attention too.

In an hour or so, I'll start getting ready for the evening. I'm pretty sure I'll feel that there is just no way I'm ever going to quit this wonderful experience. That's the power of CDing in my life.
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    Tried many times over the years...I just kept coming back. I really don't think I can stop...I got irritable and depressed when I tried to stop (plus, I purged a lot of really cute stuff!). I just don't feel complete without it. I need a little bit of girl time every day. It relaxes me and makes me feel "right".
    I was the same way my wife says I was a very angry and depressed and now since she is fully excepting no I will never or could I quit
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

Banned Read only
    Yes, I quit crossdressing as soon as I became a fulltime girl then transitioned.
    Last edited by Jorja; 12-30-2011 at 11:15 PM.

My parents did not teach me much, but they did teach me that once I start something, I need to stick with it until it is finished.

I'm not finished yet...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    My parents did not teach me much, but they did teach me that once I start something, I need to stick with it until it is finished.
    Did they know you were a CDer at the time?

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Hi Kayle...

I believe you can stop doing anything if it is really the lifestyle you want. I don't accept the broad "label for life" that society imposes upon us all, cd or not. It is very possible that some people can consider an activity or lifestyle in the past tense.

Having said this I believe it would depend on your reasons for crossdressing, yes? People who identify as the opposite gender to what their body is would always feel compelled to dress in a manner that mirrors their hearts and souls.

Yes, I have thought about scaling back or ceasing my dressing altogether on numerous occasions but not for many, many years now. I dress as I feel but accept that one day it just may not appeal to me. At this stage in life it appeals to me. One day I may also stop wearing jeans, t-shirts and hiking boots and jump to dress shirts, slacks and clogs but it would be because I want to not because society labelled me to be of the age to have to.

A relationship with a significant did not compel me to alter my dressing preferences. Seeing my wife's clothing allowed me to feel more comfortable with wearing female attire.

You are thinking of this question now at age 27...as a guess you may still be entertaining the thought at 37, 47, 57, 67, 77
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 12-31-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Banned Read only
    No. Never. Stopping, is not really a possibility, I believe, other than for transitory periods caused by external factors,such askids,work,holidays,etc. I will never stop because I never want to stop. I like this part of me

kc but travel alot for work to NE mostly but also west coast
    I can't see stopping happening. I have breaks and always end up back. I would bet more people go from cd to TS than from cd to stop...

No freaking way! Go back to a dull life... kinda no life? Will not ever happen, that is for sure! I have said it before and I will say it again. CDing is the second best thing I have ever done but supercars. So, be it, it comes in second, but I will never give it up. It is such a pleasure and it is affordable, you can enjoy it in our closet if so be it or you can take it to the extreme, you can use it to provoke/offend if you like. It is just such a beautiful thing to do. Most of the time I feel sorry for the people that do not do this... surely it is lurking in their innermost somewhere, and they are in denial or just not aware of it.

/Johanna

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    Did they know you were a CDer at the time?
    No, they did not know at that time, nor do they know now. I started Cding when I was about 28 years old. I had been living over a thousand miles away from my hometown for over 10 years by then.

I do not feel any necessity to share this part of my life with my acquaintances/family. I have already disclosed it to 32,100+ people. (forum population). There are entire cities with fewer total populations.
    So, that is enough for me right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Perhaps once I am dead.

If you're like most of us, theis CDing thing is in your DNA... Sure you can surpess it for a little while, but the urge will be back, and back with avengence!!!
    THE last time I found myself single, I vowe that I would be up front with my neaxt SO, and make it clear that I was a "package deal" so to speak.... (love him, love her to)

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Styles View Post
    Perhaps once I am dead.
    I like the optimism of this post. Perhaps there are CDing angels in heaven. Or perhaps you get to choose your sex in heaven. Or perhaps in that other place, because, to be honest, I'm not sure exactly where I'm headed. I'm not sure even the devil could put up with me.