Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: time moving on.....

time moving on.....

I haven't been able to get out for a while and have only just started catching up here a few days ago. My 43 yr old son died on thanksgiving due to alcohol induced activities. My wife and I have been strong for each other and family support has been great....but time moves on --- and as the holiday season rolls to a new year we are looking forward.

We went to the mall last night and purchased a few belated gifts, a sweater for my daughter and my sweet wife saw the sparkle in my eye and ask if I wanted one -- well I just thought how comforting it was for her caring... when we got home I modeled it for her.... well here it is and I love it

122611212253.jpg 122611213330.jpg

Platinum Member
    I am so glad that you and your wife have each other in this difficult time.

Debra that's terrible news, I'm so sorry. Be rocks for each other and you will pull through this dark time.

Wishing you peace and sending you hugs.

With love, Becca xx

So sorry to hear about your terrible loss. Can't imagine what you must be going through.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]43 is way too young for anyone to die. I'm so sorry.[/SIZE]

I am so sorry for the loss of your son Debra.

Thinking of you,

SUZY

Debra, I'm so sorry for your loss. Irregardless of the circumstance, losing a child can be a very difficult thing to go through. I am very glad you and your wife have each other in this difficult period.

Aspiring Member
    Please let me add my condolences. I've lost my best friend, both parents, and an older brother over my 63 years, and it's never easy. But life does go on, even as we struggle with grief.

It sounds like you and your wonderful wife will get through this together. Maybe your place of peace is hers as well.

Hugs,
    Annie

PS: You look awesome in that sweater!

Debra -- My deepest condolences to you and your wife.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Debra, I am deeply sorry for your loss, I am thinking of you and your wife.
    Sara

deepest sympathy on your loss. The holidays must have been rough for you.

and you look good in that sweater
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I am sorry about the loss of your son. How great it is that your wife and you are able to help each other.
    Hugs, Carole

I am also sorry for your loss, Debra. I had just commented on a post about how nice it is to be single, if you are so inclined. This is one of those times it is good to have someone. I'm glad your wife and you are strong for each other.

Gold Member
    I am sorry to hear about your son Debra. It is heartening to see that you are continuing with normal activities. It can be numbing to lose a child, but you can always remember them in your heart and mind and still continue on. My deepest condolences.

Debra, losing anyone we dearly love is a terrible thing to go through. A good friend of mine lost his son a while ago... he was a student getting up to student (alcohol induced) pranks. I have 3 girls in their 20s and early 30s. My heart and thoughts are with you. I am so glad that you and your wife are spiritually together at this time.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

My condolences to you and your wife I am wishing for a better year for both of you I can,t imagine loosing a son I am so sorry.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    My condolences. I lost my mother on Christmas day 2005 and my father a year ago the week before Thanksgiving (US). I am glad your spouse is so connected to making you happy.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Debra, my heart goes out to you and your dear wife for your terrible loss. That said, you do look wonderful in that sweater!! I hope you thanked your wife appropiately!!

BTW, my late wife and I were both born and raised in Oregon, before moving to Seattle and than here to Georgia! I still love Oregon and go back there often. My late wife also supported my crossdressing activities, and did my makeup and my wig!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it means a lot..............Debra

I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Debra. I cannot imagine any worse pain than losing a child and my heart goes out to you and your family.
    Reine

I'm glad that you have each other and very sorry for your loss. No matter what the cause was. My son died a few months ago at age 44 from a herat attack. He was a good kid and at the end of a normal life span because he had Down's Syndrome. He had a good life and familky support, whch is important to everyone. Life will move on and the good memories will remain.

I am so sorry for your loss!!! Be strong!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Debra, I'm totally in awe of your strength! Of course, I'm very disturbed by your loss! But, u seem to be handling it very well! I hope so, anyway! Please try to remember the good times when you're not feeling strong! I'm glad u 2 have each other!

If something happened to either of my girls, I'm sure I would be unconsoleable!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm sorry for your loss, Debra. I can't imagine how hard that is. Take care of yourself.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts, it means a lot..............Debra
    It is one of the best things about Community that we can draw upon the strength of others as needed. Although most of us are separated physically, in many ways, we are very close in thoughts and sensibilities.

That said, it is ALWAYS sad when parents outlive their children. It means that the natural order of things is upset and that just shouldn't happen. But, unfortunately life doesn't always go according to plan. While we must grieve and it is an important part of the process, as you said, time moves on. We do have to pass through grief, but we cannot dwell there.

My condolences to you and your family...