Jody, you are a trip... since we don't know you, and we only know you by what you write, what you write simply has no meaning..
what a silly argument you make in an internet forum.. you try to reduce us all, but i am happy to be known by what i write here, i guess you are not..

I agree, I wish etymology could help, we could just go to the history of words..and the topic is interesting to many people, but day to day? not so much..

Pinky person babycakes apple fruit bat, i dig your crazy vibe.. mice and pudding and pumpkin pie..whatever..

for those focusing on the inability of srs and surgical procedures to make us "fully" female, you are demonstrating the problem, your attitude is killing us, you are proving the point by demonstrating how little you know about transsexuality and transsexuals lives..

yes the medical technology is terrific, but its also terrifically expensive...
and lots of transsexuals live in deep sadness at how male they appear, or live in courageous defiance of how people look at them..
the surgeries have a huge positive impact on our quality of life, but the surgeries and hormones have NOTHING to do with being ts!!!
and comments that it does demonstrate the superficiality you ascribe to your own behavior, and highlights just how different we are..

In the end, i am stuck with the label of tg.....
the "world" as it is looks at the word transgendered and lumps in every type of gender nonconformity, and doesnt really spend much time worrying about it.. and that is a problem for me to overcome...

Sara, i agree that there is joy in sharing a broader community of people...LGB and T, CD/IS/TS/TG...it is all good and we are all friends..but that doesnt help me get a job..