Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Difference between transgendered and a crossdresser

Julia, the examples you cite are nothing but extremes. The State Representative who says "where does it stop" and an org such as "Massachusetts Family Institute" claiming gender inclusion restroom laws permit and/or encourage child molesters to use this as a ruse to commit their crimes are really no different than opponents of gay marriage when they say "where does that stop? Next thing we'll have is family marriage, underage marriage, polygamy".

Do you really think the likes of any org such as Massachusetts Family Institute will line up behind the TS cause if they feel there is no connection or concern with "child molesters"? I think not. They apparently used such hyperbole to kill the gender-inclusive restroom usage portion of the bill you are talking about. I'd bet the farm they'd jump on another bandwagon to deny you rights all the same were it not for the existence of such low hanging fruit.

Changing of a gender marker on an ID is reasonable with medical certification of some sort. What's wrong with working WITH your legislators in order to create good law? Do you expect them to do it on their own? They already are proving a level of perception detrimental to your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by ValRom View Post
    Most former T women I know now prefer the words "female" and "woman" and the former T men now prefer "male" and "man."

In a forum such as this I will refer to myself as a T woman so folks know where I'm coming from. But out in the world, I'm simply a female. Like the documentation says.

I am still a member of groups such as Equality Illinois that fight for the rights of all trans people because their work helped me and countless others of all gender-variant behaviors.
    And I thank you for conducting yourself the way you do, just as I'm thankful for my transitioning and transitioned friends who do the exact same thing, not eschewing the similarities within our community and representing us all.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Julia, you say it is so hard for you and people like you.

Then how in the world did my GF land a job at GOOGLE of all places? Her state ID is male, and yet she got hired as a female. Now figure that out. Maybe you just need to leave your state, quit being a bitter and angry person, and perhaps your life will be better.

But until you stop being so hatefilled and self centered you will achieve nothing but gaining enemies.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    Julia I feel for you. The people that actually make it through transition and beayond in many cases want little or nothing to do with the rest of the trans community. We have virtually nothing in common with crossdressers and idiot activists. We have nothing in common with gender screws, gender freeks..... We have no reason to fight because we are women with all the rights that we gained from living through the process. Those that have not lived through the process cannot even comprehend what we had to go through. Those People can certainly fight all they want for the right to be men and go to the womens bathroom.

As a matter of fact if you have a penis between your legs you cannot know that real transition starts after SRS. You can argue all day long against me and others but then you havent lived what we have. As I said we have little or nothing in common with the rest of the trans community. Does that mean we look down upon them? Do we look down on the lowly crossdresser? Nope I could care less what people do these days. I do however care if they think that I and other post op women are in some grandious sceme part of a family for we really arent. We are women that paid the price to be women. The rest either are in the process of paying the price or are just playing a fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    And another thing; I lost everything and everyone due to transition. Angry? Damn right! Bitter? Hell yes!

I'm tired and I sure as hell don't need any person demanding anything else from me.

I paid the price and then some to be where I'm at today and I don't need anyone attempting to cling onto my coat tales, I just dont.

I'm exhausted, my health is crap and my life is shortened from five years of living as my true self.

No one knows my battles except those that have walked this walk of death.

Those are the one's I need around me.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Julia I feel for you. The people that actually make it through transition and beayond in many cases want little or nothing to do with the rest of the trans community. We have virtually nothing in common with crossdressers and idiot activists. We have nothing in common with gender screws, gender freeks..... We have no reason to fight because we are women with all the rights that we gained from living through the process.
    I know a lot of people that disagree with that statement. In fact, they make the point that when you were born a male then you always a male. It comes down to what the individual classifies as "male" or "female." Are you female? according some people, nope you aren't. you were not born as one. Just because you had the surgery doesn't change that fact.* So where is the line? Kate hun you are as much a female as I am or as much as others are. Do you think anyone cares if you had surgery or not if they knew you were male at one time? nope you will be just another freak to them.

*these opinions are not mine but that of some people have close-minded people
    Last edited by Sophora; 01-01-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: adding more.
    Add me to facebook if you want: http://www.facebook.com/hobbitprincess
    "Never thought I would be here, so high in the air
    This is my unanswered prayer
    Defined by another, so much wasted time
    Out of the darkness, each breath that I take will be mine." -Waterproof Blondes, "Just Close Your Eyes"

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post

Then how in the world did my GF land a job at GOOGLE of all places? Her state ID is male, and yet she got hired as a female. Now figure that out. Maybe you just need to leave your state, quit being a bitter and angry person, and perhaps your life will be better.

But until you stop being so hatefilled and self centered you will achieve nothing but gaining enemies.
    Wow Pythos... that post makes you sound pretty friggin ignorant.

Just because it wasn't hard for your GF to get a job doesn't mean it's easy for everyone else.

Oh I have an idea, let's all go apply at Google! Pythos clearly has the answer for everyone's problems! Being trans isn't hard at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophora View Post
    I know a lot of people that disagree with that statement. In fact, they make the point that when you were born a male then you always a male. It comes down to what the individual classifies as "male" or "female." Are you female? according some people, nope you aren't. you were not born as one. Just because you had the surgery doesn't change that fact.* So where is the line? Kate hun you are as much a female as I am or as much as others are. Do you think anyone cares if you had surgery or not if they knew you were male at one time? nope you will be just another freak to them.

It has nothing to do with being more or less of a woman the then next guy.. but rather the issues that we face as transsexuals. I have a job, so a job is no longer an issue, I have an SO, so finding an accepting SO is not an issue. I am out to friends and family.. not an issue. I think that I have done a pretty fair job of assimilating into the mainstream. I am living as a woman, and I am at a place where.. A lot of the issues that transsexuals have to deal with are no longer issues that I have to deal with. I can talk TS issues until I am blue in the face and I can relate to what Transsexuals have to go through.. Been there got the t-shirt. I have yet to come across another TS who can relate to where I am in this thing. While they are struggling with their TS issues I am struggling with my every day life as a woman. I have a lot more in common at this point in my life with GG's rather than Transsexuals. Have I forgotten where I came from? I am doing my best!

Kel
    Last edited by kellycan27; 01-01-2012 at 08:06 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Banned Read only
    Pythos,

Google because of it's nirvana atmosphere that is inclusive of all peoples regardless of their sexual preference or gender expression.

That's like saying my girlfriend is Minnie Mouse and got a job at Disney World.

In the real world positions listed on Career Builder, Monster, any temp agency, etc, you need to have all credentials in place or else face cold hard reality.

Because of this statement you have shown me a lack of knowledge concerning full time living not because you are stupid but because your not full time.

My life financially is just fine. I have found the loss from my family walking away from me and not returning a difficult pill to swallow Pythos. This is yet another reality of most full time people that you have not experienced and thank God you haven't because that's when suicidal thoughts start creeping up on you.
    That's when your thought process starts to turn to very dark places.

Anything else?

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post

Last edited by Julia_in_Pa; 01-01-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    It has nothing to do with being more or less of a woman the then next guy.. but rather the issues that we face as transsexuals. I have a job, so a job is no longer an issue, I have an SO, so finding an accepting SO is not an issue. I am out to friends and family.. not an issue. I think that I have done a pretty fair job of assimilating into the mainstream. I am living as a woman, and I am at a place where.. A lot of the issues that transsexuals have to deal with are no longer issues that I have to deal with. I can talk TS issues until I am blue in the face and I can relate to what Transsexuals have to go through.. Been there got the t-shirt. I have yet to come across another TS who can relate to where I am in this thing. While they are struggling with their TS issues I am struggling with my every day life as a woman. I have a lot more in common at this point in my life with GG's rather than Transsexuals. Have I forgotten where I can from? I am doing my best!

Kel
    I have more common with GGs than transsexuals myself at this point. I haven't gotten to the point where others are in in transition. I see all of these "woe is me" posts and I would rather live as a women than as a transsexual, however that doesn't mean I have to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude to others.

However I wasn't talking about whether or not people how people are living but the account on how others see anyone that was a former "male." Are you out to strangers as well or do you just live your life? How do you think they will take you if you had a penis in the past. do you think they care or know a difference. You may not have to worry about those but there are plenty of postops that do(as they go into stealth mode), why? technically there is no difference between a postop and preop to someone who is bigoted.
    Last edited by Sophora; 01-01-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Out of the darkness, each breath that I take will be mine." -Waterproof Blondes, "Just Close Your Eyes"

Banned Read only
    There is nothing that someone who is not full time can say that compares to anything that a full time person experiences over a period of time.

We are open, vulnerable, and have to accept the current political climate of our respective states and countries.

Laws dictating our everyday lives are made by those that have no idea what our lives are like.

This is reality .

How many times does a full time person have to say to the part timer that you get to take off the dress and resume your male lives!???!!?

This is the reason why I believe that I'm speaking to a brick wall when addressing you people.

When your at work and doing what your doing in male mode think about those that do not have this option and then perhaps you might begin to understand somewhat.

And no we do not have the option of de transition this is why we transitioned to begin with.

Julia

There is nothing that someone who is not full time can say that compares to anything that a full time person experiences over a period of time.

We are open, vulnerable, and have to accept the current political climate of our respective states and countries.

Laws dictating our everyday lives are made by those that have no idea what our lives are like.

This is reality .

How many times does a full time person have to say to the part timer that you get to take off the dress and resume your male lives!???!!?

This is the reason why I believe that I'm speaking to a brick wall when addressing you people.

When your at work and doing what your doing in male mode think about those that do not have this option and then perhaps you might begin to understand somewhat.

And no we do not have the option of de transition this is why we transitioned to begin with.

Julia
    Damn spot on. I love this. I agree with this.

Banned Read only
    Kate,

Your right. Why do I even give a sh*t.

Probably because I thought I could help other full time people.

With the transgender umbrella breathing down the necks of those they wish to co opt I can more than understand why almost all full time people eventually walk away.

You don't have to hit me in the head with an hammer twice.

I see the charlatans one has to put up with.

As for my personal life I associate with no other trans person other than here on this forum.

I'm thinking it might be time to walk away like everyone else has.

The writing on the wall is clearly written.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    Julia I feel for you. The people that actually make it through transition and beayond in many cases want little or nothing to do with the rest of the trans community. We have virtually nothing in common with crossdressers and idiot activists. We have nothing in common with gender screws, gender freeks..... We have no reason to fight because we are women with all the rights that we gained from living through the process. Those that have not lived through the process cannot even comprehend what we had to go through. Those People can certainly fight all they want for the right to be men and go to the womens bathroom.

As a matter of fact if you have a penis between your legs you cannot know that real transition starts after SRS. You can argue all day long against me and others but then you havent lived what we have. As I said we have little or nothing in common with the rest of the trans community. Does that mean we look down upon them? Do we look down on the lowly crossdresser? Nope I could care less what people do these days. I do however care if they think that I and other post op women are in some grandious sceme part of a family for we really arent. We are women that paid the price to be women. The rest either are in the process of paying the price or are just playing a fantasy.

I have grown tired of this thread. It was a simple enough question, with a really simple answer.

Transgendered is the umbrella terms for people that do not conform to the gender binary.

Transsexual is the term for those transgendered that have gone through a process to attain the ID as well as body of the SEX opposite to that which they were born.

Intersexed, though not part of the OP, should also be defined but I can only do that according to my experiences. My understanding is they are individuals that were born with ambiguous genitalia. They can have characteristics of both male and female, and as with the transgendered continuum, they can span a wide range of types, but with several main types. My GF for instance has a very masculine build, as well as sharp facial features, as well other features I will not go into detail, but did cause her to be categorized as male at birth. In her country there was no standard procedure of reassigning the gender, but instead she was left to make her choice (something I think all IS should be able to do, hell I wish all humans were born with this, it I think would make life much easier in some aspects). Unless the IS individual was surgically assigned a sex around the time of birth, then that individual by the very definition of Transgendered is not trans anything They are in fact both. If we did not live in such a bigoted world these individuals I think could live a very free life. But unfortunately we live in a bigoted world, with an oppressive and artificial gender binary.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I have more common with GGs than transsexuals myself at this point. I haven't gotten to the point where others are in in transition. I see all of these "woe is me" posts and I would rather live as a women than as a transsexual, however that doesn't mean I have to have a "holier-than-thou" attitude to others.

However I wasn't talking about whether or not people how people are living but the account on how others see anyone that was a former "male." Are you out to strangers as well or do you just live your life? How do you think they will take you if you had a penis in the past. do you think they care or know a difference. You may not have to worry about those but there are plenty of postops that do(as they go into stealth mode), why? technically there is no difference between a postop and preop to someone who is bigoted.
    It's not a holier than thou attitude, we're just in different places. plain and simple. I live my life, and whether or not strangers know is of no consequence to me, nor what they may think. What does passable or not passable have to do with me or this discussion for that matter?

EDIT
    after reading a little about you ( through your posts and threads) I have to say that you are in the infant stages of transition. You got for first dress in July of last year, your first counciling session in November of last year, you live at home with your mother who doesn't approve, ( so I am assuming that you don't live or even dress full time as a woman), and you have yet to start HRT.. Nothing wrong with any of this.. we all have to start somewhere, but you might want to gain a little more experience before you hop on your soapbox about other people's attitudes. You basically have zero experience living as a woman, and even less living as a TS woman. Hop out of the closet, and live it 24/365 for a couple of years then talk about my and a couple of other's attitudes. Anyone can "talk the talk" but it doesn't mean much if they don't "walk the walk".
    Last edited by kellycan27; 01-02-2012 at 03:42 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Kate,

Your right. Why do I even give a sh*t.

Probably because I thought I could help other full time people.

Julia
    You give a shit because you care and want to ease the way for TS girls who struggle! Fact is you understand more than most!
    Life is not going to hand anyone a free pass! The best advice and support I have gained has been from people like you and Kate
    who pull no punches and accept no excuses!

K
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Banned Read only
    @ Kelsy,

Thank you for the kind words and support, they mean alot.

Julia

Ha thats funny. Yea I am quite blunt. Yes I have no patience for excuses. Yes I am very real. Yes I have lived through the process. I do not live in a fantasy world. I am extremely rare because I am one of the very few that have had SRS and lived years beyond it. Does that make me better than someone else? Of course not, but it does allow me to speak with a voice of experience. When I was working for the state helping trans people I was exposed to some of the most insane crap you could imagine. Girls being trans mommies to others and pretending to have an intimate knowledge about the subject. My favorite was a person who is a conviced sex offender and had an orchie (assumed that an orchie was the equivialent of SRS) and was giving advice to girls about SRS. Its no wonder I have no patience for most of what the trans community has to offer. Sadly what they have to offer is disfunction and hence the exodus of participation of post op girls.

Anyone who is pre op and thinks they know what it is really like to be TS is kidding themselves. Real transition starts after SRS. Dont believe me thats fine because one of the other traits that is cronic with pre op girls is they only hear what they want to hear. I was the same. I didnt listen to anyone and did my transition on my own without therapy and all the other crap. Of course I KNEW what I was from the day I can remember and I didnt make 1000 excuses for it. I did what I had to do because talk is cheap and actions are all that really counts.

Couple more thoughts. One I have herd people here say that a post op woman will never be a woman. Sorry guys but thats a self defeating point of view. I did everything I could possibly do to be the woman I always knew I was. I refuse to agree with the formentioned perspective because it would forever make me a tranny.

Since I dont agree with the context that your always going to be a tranny I will say that you have to have SRS to really be a woman. Srs changes everything and keeping the penis between your legs in any fassion is forever leaving someone seriously behind the curve.

And anyone that thinks that I a post op woman is part of a crossdresser and gender freak community is nuts. I am a woman and I became one the HARD way. Crossdressers are not women or have not taken the steps to become one. They do not deserve the rights I have. If they want those rights then they can stand up and fight for themselves. Since most hide in the closet I dont see that happening.

Katie
    Last edited by Katesback; 01-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Silver Member
    Kate,

I'm thinking it might be time to walk away like everyone else has.

Julia
    I sincerely hope not.

Lea

Do you think anyone cares if you had surgery or not if they knew you were male at one time? nope you will be just another freak to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    What does passable or not passable have to do with...this discussion for that matter?
    However I wasn't talking about whether or not people how people are living but the account on how others see anyone that was a former "male." ...but there are plenty of postops that do(as they go into stealth mode), why? technically there is no difference between a postop and preop to someone who is bigoted.
    These statements really cut to the heart of my point. If one is read as being trans-whatever as they live their day-to-day life as female, then what is the point in trying to make that separation and/or disassociation from the larger community. No one else is going to do you that favor.

Julia, Kate, and anyone else whose female identity is in a similar place, I would be the last person to say anyone needs to hold on to their trans card. You are women, terrific. I hope that your everyday life doesn't betray the trans in any way. This is of course your perfect stealth, that you have moved on and simply live your lives as the women you are.

And if you keep one foot in the trans community, even if only an online forum such as this, terrific as well. I'm sure your life experiences help many others who might be following on a similar path. But please know that some of that tough love wears really thin and does in fact come across as if you are on top of the trans-heap, having placed yourselves there through whatever rite of passage you choose to justify.

There's been statements made that those who are not full-timers move on and others which intimate that maybe those exasperated full timers should move on themselves. I have an easy solution. No one should move on. If you are a woman and the world knows you as nothing but, then by all means you have already moved on. But in trans circles, you are still as trans as the rest of us whether you wish to admit it or not.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I wanted to make a very slight clarification. You suggested I and other women live a stealth life. For me to be honest I cannot say I am 100 seamless in the eyes of the public. I cannot assume that nobody can tell I am different. What I do do is never talk to anyone about being trans except perhaps a few select trans friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    These statements really cut to the heart of my point. If one is read as being trans-whatever as they live their day-to-day life as female, then what is the point in trying to make that separation and/or disassociation from the larger community. No one else is going to do you that favor.

Julia, Kate, and anyone else whose female identity is in a similar place, I would be the last person to say anyone needs to hold on to their trans card. You are women, terrific. I hope that your everyday life doesn't betray the trans in any way. This is of course your perfect stealth, that you have moved on and simply live your lives as the women you are.

And if you keep one foot in the trans community, even if only an online forum such as this, terrific as well. I'm sure your life experiences help many others who might be following on a similar path. But please know that some of that tough love wears really thin and does in fact come across as if you are on top of the trans-heap, having placed yourselves there through whatever rite of passage you choose to justify.

There's been statements made that those who are not full-timers move on and others which intimate that maybe those exasperated full timers should move on themselves. I have an easy solution. No one should move on. If you are a woman and the world knows you as nothing but, then by all means you have already moved on. But in trans circles, you are still as trans as the rest of us whether you wish to admit it or not.

Nope...you simply are incorrect Sara
    especially the point about making the separation...

you simply cannot say this until you've lived a transitioned life..
    having the world reflect back your femaleness with no doubt is a gift not all ts women share...

living any portion of your life as male is not living a woman's life..folks that are read as male have different hurdles than people that are not read as male...but they are still living as females..

living as a female, fully and permanently, is one thing..everything else is not....its really that simple..btw...not living as female does mean you are not transsexual..it means you are living as a transgendered person...

You are right that no one is doing transitioned people any favors...but what good does it do me to have to complicate my situation by having to explain the whole tg spectrum every time a person knows my past? I want the support from the tg spectrum because ALL people should support me, even if we endlessly debate whether we are in the "same group"..i support the rights of all...i have charity towards people quite different than me...but i don't demand that i be included in their group.

i do think sometimes people have a chip on the shoulder...but that's their issue..

Fair point, but read the thread Lots of answers...and You gotta define tg before u answer the op...

Tg is not a term that people agree on...and basically this is like politics. It's very rare here that someone says "oh, you are right, I was wrong I have totally changed my mind". It's the nature of things

If one is read as being trans-whatever as they live their day-to-day life as female, then what is the point in trying to make that separation and/or disassociation from the larger community. No one else is going to do you that favor.
    The point is this is my life. I didn't wake up one day and say, "hey, I need a "cause" I think I'll go be a transsexual!" this is not a cause for me, this is me trying to make the most of a difficult situation. Every step of the way it has been me doing the research, sending emails, making phone calls, meeting my therapist, taking the risks and spending MY money. If by "community" you mean on-line resources and local TS support meeting then there is no need for me to separate myself from anything, those were tools that i used and continue to use. If by community you mean the host of CD, gender queer, and gay and lesbian events that so many trans people like to attend then yeah i have little interest in those things. been there done that and don't wear the tee shirt! thats not me. Again other than just not having an interest in those things it not something i need to actively separate my self from i just don't go. I have one TS friend who is serious and is making progress like me so many others I know are caught in an endless loop of money, job, family yada yada yada ISUESS! these are the girls that seem to be the most interested in Trans stuff.

Banned Read only
    Intersexed people due to being the minority within the minority align themselves (myself included) with the TS faction due to transition.

We have a shared experience.

Many intersexed people widely ignore everyone under the umbrella for understandable reasons.

Let me ask you this; How many of you are intersexed?

A few here yes like Melody.

Now let me ask you how many have fallopian tube development and ovaries?

I know I'm the only one here with that.

Now think about a hetrosexual male cross dresser or a fetish dresser and someone like myself being aligned and lumped together under the transgender umbrella.

It just doesn't make any sense yet leaders within the transgender community say I'm included under the umbrella.

No!!!! Hell no!!!

What part of nothing in common is not made clear??

I had to transition just like many of my TS sisters here and that shared experience is what keeps the TS/IS community together and what keeps me here.

I have a trump card called evident biological anomalies accepted by the medical establishment yet there are people here that will argue that we are all the same and we need to align ourselves for the common good.
    The answer to that is ABSOLUTELY NOT.

My transition five years ago forever links me to my transitioned TS/IS sisterhood and that is where it ends.

I get along with everyone here or close to it. I think for the most part I'm friendly and give sound advice.

I'll be your friend and will support you but I cannot stand by and have those that think their needs and wants are the same as mine attempt to allgn themselves with the TS/IS community.

That's where it ends.

There's nothing within the TS/IS community I haven't seen or experienced and because of this I'll call people out for things like this.

Julia
    Last edited by Julia_in_Pa; 01-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.

So you noticed the endless loop thing with many trans people? You notices that a surprising number are stuck in some sort of trannyland environment? You also noticed that of these people they tend to be the ones that are active in in this trans community? I would also guess these people are the ones that also tend to be activis. Am I onto something here?

Now getting back to the concept of separation of TS from the trans community. If it is all to often the case that those people you see in the community are stuck in the endless loop and you are one of the few that are actually progressing towards a goal would it make sense that you would leave the community and surround yourself with the normal world that challenges you to be the best you can be? Perhaps I should ask the question a different way. Do you think Tiger Woods (professional golfer) became as good as he is by playing people that were not a challenge to him? I mean you can call yourself a master fisherman if you are fishing for fish in a bucket.

So now we get back to the original post. Difference between a woman and a crossdresser. Well a crossdresser is a man (or at least he is till the time he transitions if he does) and a woman is a woman. If a CD decides to dress up as a woman its for fun because he is not a woman. If someone is a TS and really serious then they are not a man now are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    The point is this is my life. I didn't wake up one day and say, "hey, I need a "cause" I think I'll go be a transsexual!" this is not a cause for me, this is me trying to make the most of a difficult situation. Every step of the way it has been me doing the research, sending emails, making phone calls, meeting my therapist, taking the risks and spending MY money. If by "community" you mean on-line resources and local TS support meeting then there is no need for me to separate myself from anything, those were tools that i used and continue to use. If by community you mean the host of CD, gender queer, and gay and lesbian events that so many trans people like to attend then yeah i have little interest in those things. been there done that and don't wear the tee shirt! thats not me. Again other than just not having an interest in those things it not something i need to actively separate my self from i just don't go. I have one TS friend who is serious and is making progress like me so many others I know are caught in an endless loop of money, job, family yada yada yada ISUESS! these are the girls that seem to be the most interested in Trans stuff.
    Last edited by Katesback; 01-05-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Heh...if I walked in and said fix it, the mechanic would smile to himself, take my car for three days and charge me $5999 and say "I fixed it"