Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: piercing ears worth it?

had mine done when i was 50. never will regret it. wear studs in male mode almost 24/7. had a few comments at first from friends and family, now nobody seems to even notice. it's just so common in this day and age. besides, clip-ons can be a pain in the lobe! i would go for it.

a simple highlight of getting your ears pierced is getting them done in a really girly place, hairdressing salon, local mall anywhere where lots of girls are watching you get your earrings done
    dont worry you wont regret it!

Just do it! It is the only way to go!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    It is one thing that you will never regret!...being able to change out earrings is one of the best feelings ever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Silly, Smiley, girly girl lillyfox's Avatar
    Defiantly pierce your ears! I own a kajillion earrings and cant imagine life with out my favorite accessory lol you'll love the endless possibilities!

Well I am 57 I pierced my ears 2 yrs ago. I only had one person say oh! you pierced your ears! I said yea, I JUST felt like doing it. I wear a dime size gold ring in my left ear and have since. Now I tell everyone I did it cause I wanted to and if ppl don't like it, that's tough $hiT. I don't care I did it for me not them. My hair is down past my shoulder blades and getting longer and the same goes
    The reason you close your eyes when you dream, when you kiss, and when you pray is because the best things in life aren't seen with your eyes, but are felt with your heart.

I grew up in the 90s so it was cool to have your ears pierced. now all the kids have these big holes??

Just do it. it adds so much to the girl in you

It is worth it,I can wearing earring with no problems

I have thought about piercing my ears at times... the problem would be the getting it done and the need to wear the posts 24/7 at first... not having holes that nobody will notice most of the time.

But... every time I think of it I ultimately come to the same answer. Why bother? Actually there are a lot of women out there who do NOT have pierced ears. I think the statistics are something like 30%. You can buy some quite nice clipon earrings (Cliptomania) including hoops and dangly things.

Love my pierced ears, these days no one bats a eye no matter what your age and ther are so many more earrings for pieced.
    mostly harmless

I had mine done about a month ago with a needle at a piercing shop, haven't had any problems. Got small studs with Opal's in them. Caught a little ribbing at work for the first couple of days and not a word since. I'm 48 and highly recommend it.

You can bearly see them but I bought a matching earring/necklace set that's in my avatar picture.
    The dangly earrings felt great.
    Last edited by Pamela Kay; 01-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Smile Go For It!

I'm 68, finally retired last year and got both of them pierced in early November. You have to wear little ball-style studs for 6 weeks, and I continue to wear them to keep things open until they're fully healed. But, I can wear the danglies when I want. I suppose one motivation was that it was a declaration of independence from the rather stuffy profession (at least for the men) I was in. The other was that I wanted to do it. When I have to meet my old colleagues I no longer need to wear the little clear plastic studs I bought from Piercing Pagoda, as the holes will now stay open and are virtually invisible - unless someone were to become uncomfortably intimate.

When I had them done I went to the Piercing Pagoda and watched a cute 10-year old girl get them pierced. She shed a couple of tears but then gave a brave little smile. I looked at my wife and said, "If that little kid can do it..." For Christmas we gave each other earrings. She prefers studs and I prefer the danglies, which are much easier to put in because you don't have to mess around trying to put the backer on. Anyway, it's worth it and you should just get er done.
    Last edited by Jeninus; 01-08-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Correct grammar

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Too old to get them pierced?

Personally, the older I get the less I care about what most people may think.
    As I get older, (going on 65) the more I realize that it's my life and my happiness is what is all important.

Look around and become aware of all the people who could care less about what others may thing and realize that they are happpy doing what they want.
    For everone who may critizize, there is someone who will suppport you no matter what you do. Those who will criticize probably could not care less about what you think of them, so, why worry about them?

BTW, human nature being what it is............
    If someone seems self conscious about something, people will tend to to think it is something to be concerened about. On the other hand, if what you do is with confidence, people wiil tend to support you.
    So, in reality, we are all in charge of what people think of us and can sway their opions by how they percieve confidence in ourselves.

Case in point, look at Lady Ga Ga.
    She is totally strange by most standards but, has become accepted simply because she has the confidence to be herself .
    People like confident people.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 01-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Yes - piercing your ears is worth it - just do it.

I pierced my left ear lobe over 50 years agao - and it was not long before I had three in each ear. Love them.

I can't imagine dressing without my earings. It's a whole new dimension to the feeling. Love the dangling ones espescially.

So I've been on the fence about this, and having read through the thread I'm now inspired to head out to a local Piercing Pagoda and "get er done." It's a retirement gift to myself, at 58.

Thanks for the motivation, ladies *lol*

Traci

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Yes yes yes for me it was worth it. Now I get to wear hoops in both ears and I LOVE IT. Never had a negative comment and even if I did I would not care as they are my ears and my earrings
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

kathyLB
    I have had mine pierced at the mall when the wife were shopping,when we passed the pogoda.told I going to pierced she said go ahead ,she went on shopping, got ears pierced ,she didn't like it. told her later about cding. lived the rest of her life knowing , she passed away 5 years ago kathy

Most people won't even notice [people are less observant then you may think]
    And most of those that do notice really just won't care.
    Sure there will be a couple of "When did you get that done?" questions or comments at some point.

Example:
    It took family/friends over a month to notice I added 1, then 2 more, then 4 more.
    I currently have 9 holes [4 sets/holes in each ear lobe] and a single 5th Helix/Cartilage hole.

So basically if you want to do it - then just buck up and do it
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Smile I did it!

Thank you all so much for all your input. I went to a piercing palor and got them done. They used a real needle it was very cool and now for eight weeks I have to leave it in before I can change them. I can't wait.