Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: piercing ears worth it?

piercing ears worth it?

I'm 53 and I make some of my own clip on earrings. I thought of piercing my ears but at 53 peaple would think I was going though my mid life and that's OK but right now I don't go out fully dressed. But it would be a little cool, I just don't know.

Well, I'm 51, just had my second holes done and frankly..love them and moved on. It's all about waht works for you.

Lightbulb Don't know yet, but it sure is on the top of my Bucket List, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Girl View Post
    Piercing ears worth it?
    Don't know yet, but it sure is on the top of my Bucket List, though!

That is the exact reason I use when asked why I pierced my ears. I answer, I missed my mid-life crisis and am trying to catch up. People will look and some will ask, but most just don't "give a damn, Scarlett"! I got my ears pierced 3 years ago in my 60's, so, "it is never too late".

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    But it would be a little cool, I just don't know.
    Do it ! .... life's too short for regrets ... and oh, yes, piercing my ears was the best thing. I wear gold studs in boy mode all the time.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Just got my ears pierced and love them that way!

Hugs
    Trisha

Given the amount of body modification going on, most people probably won't bat an eye if you get them pierced and go with something subdued like gold/silver studs or even tight hoops enhomme; switch to the fancier styles enfemme.

Oh, and be sure to follow hygeine procedures until the holes "close" properly. The piercer will fill you in.

Yes, I would see it as a way forward. I did two in my left at the age of 13 (long time ago) and had my right done just some 6 weeks ago. It brings joy to my life.
    You should be aware that the crappy pieces they put in there to begin with, you have to wear for 4-6 weeks before taking them out or replace with what you want.
    On a personal note, I would prefer to have it done by needle not gun.

/Johanna

Hi,

Well our daughter buys for me earings so i have to wear them now dont .i so yes get them done , & so what many people do , no big deal & they do look nicer as well. this xmas she gave me two sets & neckless & they are lovely ,

...noeleena...

I was 53 when I had mine done. I just told every one the truth. I've wanted to do it since I was 18! Many younger guys routinely get both ears pierced. It's not as big a deal as you think. I really enjoy them in guy mode and girl mode! I would get ten done at a piercing shop and not at a retail store though.
    Sally

Go for it and have them pierced.
    I had both mine pierced in my late forties.
    When I wear small studs in guy mode nobody seems to notice.
    When, like now, I am dressed and in Nicola mode I can wear nice dangly earings and it feels great.

Nicola

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    I'm 53 and I make some of my own clip on earrings. I thought of piercing my ears but at 53 peaple would think I was going though my mid life and that's OK but right now I don't go out fully dressed. But it would be a little cool, I just don't know.
    Just a comment: The antique stores have quite a few non-pierced earrings which are very pretty, plus you get to shop.
    Rachel Lea

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I was about 53 when I got mine pierced and that was...well, a long time ago!

Go for it! Once they heal up, you don't have to wear then all the time.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I always had one ear pierced and i seen a lot of the younger guys at work had both ears done and they told me it's in style to have both ears done. I always wanted big loop earrings but could never find them in clip on so a few month back i had my second ear done and couldn't wait for the five weeks so i was able to wear any earring. I now have the option of wearing any earring and have bought many different styles, and my first purchase was big loops.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    I have 4 holes and have had them since 2001. The only comment ever made was by my mother. She asked why and I said why not
    Drumming, My other hobby

Yes, definitely not too late. I had mine done last year (67) and wish I had done it years ago. My mother had hers done after 60 as well .. and I now wear some of her earrings.

You won't regret it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Go for it I did mine after I retired and people are always telling me how great they look. Iam glad I did it like others have said life is too short its time to move out and enjoy it

My ears have been triple periced for twenty five years and still loving it! Wouldn't change it for nutin'! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I had mine done at 65, about a year and a half ago...Now wearing 2 to 4 gauge 1/2 inch rings...I've been thinking of getting another set of holes...Maybe...smooches jackie
    Jackie

Well if at 53 “people would think I was going through my mid life” I wonder what they think of me at 68? I had mine done this year and truth be told I was only 67 at the time, about a week after Father’s Day. My Daughter and two grandkids went with me when I had them and when I came home my Wife asked where I had them done and to this day she is the only person that has commented on my pierced ears.

For Father’s Day my Daughter bought me a pedicure and and I walked out with painted toenails. I have worn flip-flop and sandals ever since and only one person has commented on my toes and that was my eye doctor. Well this week I went in to see a Doctor because I had Conjunctivitis and the Nurse who took my vitals said “Your BP is fine , , , and your wearing open-toed shoes” and smiled – I’m guessing she noticed my toes. I passed another nurse in the hall and she did a rather classic double-take and then gave me this big grin.

People either don’t notice, don’t care, mind their own business, or figure it would be impolite to ask. I went with my Wife to a retirement luncheon for one of her past co-workers who was retiring from Civil Service. The woman worked on a Marine base and the recently retired marine sitting across the table was wearing earrings, as were several active Marines (in civilian clothes).

I have only one regret about having my ears pierced and that is that I didn’t have them done sooner. Well, maybe two regrets, the little gold balls I wear in boy-mode are a bit boring, I much prefer the hoops and dangles that I get to wear as Babs. I can’t speak for anyone else but I find putting on pierced earrings and the feel while wearing them more feminine than clip-ons.
    Last edited by Barbra P; 12-31-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Babs

Aspiring Member
    Mid-life crisis? How about a whole life crisis? Get your ears pierced and be done with it. In two years you will have wished you had them done when you were 53 because now at 55who gets their ears pierced? I'll tell you who; the people who got their ears pierced earlier in life are getting their second and third ones done. Let me share with you the reasons why you should do it now:

1. You ain't getting any younger,
    2. better selection of earring to choose from,
    3. you can wear pierced earrings as a male 24/7,
    4. ALL the girls have theirs pierced,
    5. did I say you ain't getting any younger?

I went to a physical education convention in Dallas during the first of December and the number of male p.e. teachers/coaches who had their ears pierced was around 1 in 3. One male teacher sported medium length hair, a goatee, two pierced ears and a brown plastic hair band.

My suggestion based upon this presentation would be to grow a mustache or light beard or a goatee, get your ears pierced and tell everyone that you are trying to change your look. Then after the 6 weeks of keeping the studs in, just shave or let your facial hair grow during the week and shave Friday night for a girl's week end.

Did I say "you ain't getting any younger?"

I think as long as you have ears it's not to late lol. I'm 61 and got mine done 5 months ago and I love them. I have hair that hangs below my shoulders ( yes I still have some hair ) down and I love how it looks having my ear rings peck out from behind the hair.

I'm 59 and just had mine pierced. Beats the heck out of clip on's...regular earings slip in very easily and they feel and look great. I wear silver studs in my guy mode and nobby has said a word...

I had mine done at 55. Please do yourself a favor and do it!! I LOVE pierced ears and the earrings I can now purchase.

Did mine at 54 and wonder why I waited so long.
    No one batted an eyelash or even asked why.

Now both are double pierced, I wear diamond studs in the uppers all the time and small hoops in the lowers on occasion when drab and no one ever says a thing.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !