Thread: Doublecrosser?

Doublecrosser?

We (my spouse and I) have been on the road for the past three weeks, traveling over 5,000 miles in an RV. There have been a lot of fun adventures, but I thought you might enjoy this one.

We’d spent the night camped in a town in Texas. In the morning when I (en femme) was remotely checking the tires (using the TireMinder) the right front read quite low, around 66 pounds instead of 85.

Oddly enough, when I checked it manually it showed about the same.

I found a listing for a tire place that I thought was a branch of the company we usually deal with at home. But when we drove over, it turned out to be a depressing and dirty little tire and repair shop run by a couple of bikers. And not middle-aged upscale high-end Harley bikers, but a pair of green and missing tooth types.

And no, I’m not making that up nor am I being stereotypic. These guys had their bikes parked out front, one was wearing a well-used biker leather jacket, and they really did have green and missing teeth.

Anyway, despite the outward appearances, they were helpful rather than the possibility that they could have tried to take advantage of a woman’s gullibility by trying to convince me that I needed new tires.

While the one in coveralls checked and filled my tire, the other one, the one in the biker jacket, wanted to talk all about my RV. Seems he has one himself, a 1985 Winnebago.

Aware that he could be attempting to keep me busy while the other one messed with my tires, I managed to keep an obvious eye on the work.

In truth, they were friendly and helpful, and there were no signs nor signals that they thought we were other than two ladies in distress. Still, you can imagine all the fearful thoughts that were going through my head!

Once they were finished and could not find a problem with the tire we were on our way with their good wishes and I breathed a huge sigh of relief!

Now to the doublecrosser part. As we drove into the afternoon it actually became downright warm. So much so that I really wanted to change into a short-sleeved top. Only since I was expecting cooler/colder weather I hadn’t brought enough femme short-sleeved tops.

I had two choices -- stay in long sleeves or “borrow” a top from my guy self. My spouse said “Go for it. I would wear the guy top.”

So I did. Which begs the question -- does that make me a doublecrosser?

Later in the day we were still worried about the tire. The TireMinder was reporting that it was a few pounds low and that caused concern. So we looked up a mobile tire repair man and he agreed to come over to the parking lot we’d stopped in.

Here was the test of my doublecross. He spent about half an hour with us, removing the tire and thoroughly checking it for damage and leaks, finding none, and putting it back on. He never once appeared to think that I was anything other than a woman and there was no smirk nor hesitation in his frequent use of that wonderful word “Ma’m.”

So I guess I can make it as a doublecrosser! I've attached a picture (below).

Hugs,
    Persephone.

The Doublecross
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-01-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like you're having a great journey, Persephone! Happy trails and keep us posted!
    I LOVE my manual tire pressure gauge, mercury filled oral thermometer, and fluid filled outside thermometers! They've never let me down yet!

Which reminds me, I've wanted a new car for years! But, can't find any that are made WITHOUT a Hal computer as a controller!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It's great you passed as a female. I think having other females around helps to take the focus off us.

As for the tire - I had a tire on a trailer that would hold pressure forever as long as it was sitting still. Tow the trailer and the tire would lose air. I found the problem myself. The valve stem had a crack in it and when the tire was rotating, centrifugal force would bend it slightly, allowing air to leak out. At rest - no leak.

So - check your valve stems.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I would love to do that,,,retire and RV enfemme across the country,,,,a cross country crossdresser
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lori B View Post
    I would love to do that,,,retire and RV enfemme across the country,,,,a cross country crossdresser
    I like that! You were afraid you were going to be a double crossed cross country crossdresser, but you were not a double crossed cross country crossdresser! You were just a cross country crossdresser! WHEW!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Let's see we have the trailer in the driveway, the pickup in the garage and employees at the office. The last time we went camping I spent my time driving back and forth from the campsite to town handling problems. I'm at the social security age and still can't ditch the game. Carry on for those of us who can't.

Spent some years driving across the country as a truckdriver. I saw most of the country - threw a windshield at 65mph. That would be my dream to spend my senior years seeing the country at a much slower pace and dressed likewise. Thanks for relating the good story, glad it all worked out for you.

AnitaH

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You still look like a Ma'am in that picture! One would have to look close at the buttons to know that was a man's shirt! And besides, ladies wear men's shirts all the time!

More reports on your trip, please!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thank you everyone for your positive and supportive comments.

My spouse and I are both now officially retired so, pretty much for the first time in our lives, we can choose to live anywhere. The result is this looking-for-a-home tour. So far we've covered over 5,000 miles on this trip, stopping off in likely target towns, spending anywhere from a few hours to several days while we check things out.

We've ruled out cold weather, so it has to be somewhere warm, and it has to be in a freedom loving state, one with the fewest possible rules and regulations, generally meaning that we're only interested in more conservative states.

We're tired of the hassles and crime of big cities so we're looking for some privacy, maybe a nice home on 5-10 acres in a small community about an hour away from a larger city.

We've spent lots of time in small towns travelling around with real estate agents with me en femme. The incidents that I described were just about the scariest so far.

We've been as far east as Florida (from California) and tonight we're in Utah.

Hugs to all,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 01-03-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gold Member
    I am guessing that if you are in Utah, you must be around St George. It stays a little chilly up this way.

Have a great country tour and I hope you find the perfect place! Then invite us all over.

Platinum Member
    Yup, that sounds like double-crossing to me. It also sounds like a great trip, except for the nagging tire inflation issue. My idea of a perfect holiday - traveling en femme by RV with my wife.

you were just out having fun.

but you need to get a on-board air compressor. a big unit not needed just a good 12 volt one.
    and goes to show that even the back waters have good people...even if they do not look like so.

Utah? I thought you mentioned 'warm'. Anyway, we are still doing the same as well. I still prefer the Green Valley area(#1) or Apache Junction area(#2) of Az. for us. I like the dryness, the desert air, and the open spaces. The Benson area south of Tucson is nice also. Have you checked out any of them? I hope you both have a safe trip hon.

u have more courage than I, lil sister....like...OMG!

Platinum Member

Crisscross crossdressing

That's what you would call Crisscross crossdressing.

We took a 10,000 mile RV trip two years ago gone over two months
    I made a lot of service stations very happy.

Orchid

It would take a lot more than the minute cut differences of a polo shirt to stop that lady from shining through!

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Document the whole trip, Persephone, this is a road movie!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

You look pretty womanly to me!!! Oh,and carry a bike pump!!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I like that! You were afraid you were going to be a double crossed cross country crossdresser, but you were not a double crossed cross country crossdresser! You were just a cross country crossdresser! WHEW!
    lol!!.........
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]