Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want a new life as a girl

want a new life as a girl

(now be fore i say anything in not thinking about surgery i like my body the way it is)

so hear it is i want to start my life over this time completely in girl clothes the thing is all i have is guy thing (it sickens me truly) and no money to start over and buy female things after bills and orders for work I'm lucky if i have three dollars so anyone got and help suggestion things there trying to get rid of idk just kinda found that being a guy one the out side dosnt make me happy or really work for me and I'm open to any tips that you all have from nice heels to under garment interments and even make up so um ya and i think if i can make it work ill up load a pic of me for any suggestion on how to make me work as a girl

by the way I'm 19 in tucson and always looking for a friend around my age
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lost alice; 12-31-2011 at 10:50 PM.

I don't have much good advice really. I do think you look pretty fem already, so that's a plus. I would suggest going to thrift stores and seeing if you can land some girls clothes cheaply. I'm sure others will have better advice.

you have good advise and i do look at theft shops but well idk ill look agen

Alice,

Many of us here have accumulated clothing over a long period of time. I purchase a piece of female clothing only about as often as a piece of male clothing - and that isn't too frequent at all. Over time, your wardrobe will accumulate options for you.

As others suggest, consider thrift stores, Good Will and consignment shops as sources for nice clothing.

Go slow. I found that going slow helped me refine what type of clothing I really wanted - and it wasn't what I thought. Accumulating clothing for Karen at a slower pace allowed me to understand who I really wanted Karen to be and help formulate her personality and personna.

You have some wonderful androgenous features that will certainly be convincingly feminine as you decide how you can present yourself.

Good luck and don't be a stranger to your friends here.
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

KarenS
    I love being a woman!

i like how i am personality wise i just want me but as a girl i mean the guy stuff i ware well soon used to ware isn't my personality i guess thats part of the problem but thanks for the advise

Alice,
    You can't really go wrong with pretty hair and a slender body. And this site has 6800 women's fashions, cheap...
    http://shopgoodwill.com/listings/listbycat.asp?catid=10

Unfortunately there are only 11 Goodwill stores near you. check the map.
    http://www.goodwilltucson.org/store-locations.html

They are usually fine with your trying on dresses in their fitting rooms. At my favorite GW, I explained my hobby to the girls and they are helpful, sometimes giving me fashion advice or helping with a difficult zipper.
    However it is perfectly Ok to say you are buying it for your dear sister whose birthday is coming up. Or maybe you should explain that your little brother is a cd, and needs an outfit.

found one thing there i like and thank you can i ask do you or any one know of and websites aimed torts cross dressing thats really cheap when I've dressed up before it wasn't for more then a couple miners and i still don't know what my size is converted over

Well you don't HAVE to eat... Save a bunch of money and get thin!! A two-fer!! Lol. Like anything else in this world your going to have to work harder for it!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Buying by size tags does not always work since the sizing standards of many counties are found in the stores today. One thing I have learned to do is carry a small tape measure so I can check the size of garments before I buy. I learned this by buying several size 14 skirts, of which some were too small, and some were too large. I also have a collection of tops that do not fit me, which I will attempt to sell.

well i think i might be smaller then a 14 but if its decent price id buy

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Start by trying on stuff at Goodwill before u buy, Alice.
    But, it probably won't matter if it fits perfectly! If you're like most of us, your taste and fem styles will constantly change!

In my case, my clothing size and even my figure changes from week to week! Lol!

I agree with Karen! You're young! Relax and enjoy your journey! Your "Alice" time will most likely come when it's supposed to!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

ya true fast change but thing i relies in my personal style is that i don't like to change it that much as in types of thing true i admit that going from guy to girl is a big change and i have dabbled in dressing up but I'm just this punky / old fashioned type of girl and that hasn't changed for years

As some other posters have mentioned Goodwill is always a good choice if you are on a budget, its really a nice store.

idk i just never find anything at good will that i like or even fits but like I've said before ill try it agen

Hi Alice

Can’t help you out as my wardrobe is pretty sparse and nothing I would have would fit anyway.

Type “tucson transgender support” into Google, there are several support groups around Tucson. I belong to a support group here in the San Diego area and most of the girls are really friendly. You might meet some girls who would be glad to help you out with clothes they no longer wear or need.

I also agree with Karren, well almost, maybe you do HAVE to eat, but there is usually a way to eat CHEAPER. There may be other ways to cut back on some expenses, sort of depends on how much you really want to be a girl on the outside to match the girl hidden within. The other option is to get a second job, even working at McDonalds or another fast-food outlet or a retail store, or any minimum wage job, a few hours a week will buy a lot of women’s clothes in short order. When there’s a will, there’s a way.
    Babs

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You have a very good start in your picture, so please take some comfort in that. We all know that these desires can never be filled as rapidly as we would like. At my age I cant take it too slow, but really, at your age there really is a wonderful journey ahead of you so dont get impatient and upset. This is all about having fun. Look at your trips to goodwill as girl shopping. Visit all the stores in your area on a rotation and enjoy the looking and trying. That can be fun also. Just try to find a little fun in everything you do.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

ok i know i didn't say my work situation but I'm working at the moment three jobs about to be four I'm still working out the deatales that i grow most of my food and honestly all my money does go to bills mine and my grandparents i know whats its like being homeless and if it wasn't for me they would be i really don't get to buy anything for my self and i really really want to be the girl i know i am

I'd recommend to start with some versitile seperates, a white blouse, neutral sweater, some nice skirts, things that you can mix and match, so you can have a number of outfits with minimal amount of clothing. save all the fancy dressing for later on when you can afford them, stick to basics for now.

thats is a good idea didn't think of that

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I get lots of great deals on E-Bay. Watch for the listings that have detailed size information (measurements, etc.). I bid what I am willing to spend, and let it go to the end. If I win it, great, if not, there will probably be another like it sooon. I have denim mini skirts that I have only paid $4 or $5 for. I have Adidas jogging capris that were $6 and are like brand new. Also, check the shipping charges...a cheap item can get expensive fast if there are high shipping charges. Keep looking, and don't get caught up in a bidding war. I have seen things sell on E-Bay used for more than what they would cost new. Good luck!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Alice:

You are thin and naturally pretty so take your time, you have your whole life ahead of you. I can afford to shop at department stores but choose to go to the GW, Arc etc, thrift stores. In my area, the arc has a 50% off day and every once in a while, so does GW. We have a lot of thrift stores and some have pretty up scale clothes. Call and ask them when they typically have sales for the best savings. I have been to dozens of these and always try on clothes before buying. No one has ever questioned me, whether in male or fem mode. What I really like is shopping , looking, browsing. Every once in a while I find a gem - study up on clothes and brands and you will be able to spot them. The clothes are not always just old - there are a lot of reasons they end up at a thrift store. But the key is to visit often as they are continually bringing in new stuff and gals like me are always looking. One last thing, try a few smaller thrift stores. They are usually owned by a local and if the owner is a woman, you will be surprised at how helpful she will be. Its her business. An easy approach is to grab a skirt and blouse and ask her if they go together - say to her , I really need some help with this. If you are looking fairly fem like in your picture, she will get it and I will bet she will be very helpful. Now, if you meet this woman and she is helpful, show up several times in a conservative skirt and blouse or pants, very light make up and again ask her for some help. Then during the conversation, ask her if she needs any help on weekends or evenings - assuming you work days. What a great place to work - you see all the new clothes come in and would probably get a discount.

So Goodwill is a good start. You could post on craigslist that you are unable to afford clothes in a specific size and need some, there could be someone out there willing to give you some. Also possibly call goodwill, I wonder what they do with all the clothes they don't sell in their stores. We used to have a blue hanger store where they sold the clothes by weight.

2nd, I know someone who gives plasma twice a week at lunch. He gets paid through some type of pre paid visa card like a gift card. He uses that money for all his girly dreams.

Here is one thing that I haven't seen in any of the post as of yet, find a genetic girl that is accepting of what you are wanting to do, and have her go shopping with you, and then you will also have someone to help you with learning makeup. That is what I have done, and it has really worked out for me.

You have some of the best minds here to assist you in where ever you need to go in Cross Dressing. I think there is nothing more I could say the advice is very constant and abundant here. You're on your way good luck.

P.S. I think the GG thing is the best, I would go there first. I like GG's but I am already married.

Tess

Katsdreamboutique is an online store for cds that is run by a cd and her wife, Kat. Gently used clothing, specializing in dresses of course. Google it.