Thread: Emails, Facebook and other forms of communicating....Sorry it is a RANT!

Emails, Facebook and other forms of communicating....Sorry it is a RANT!

Hello out there,

About me short version; 43 married male – female Crossdresser.
    Twice a month; with my wife’s permission I get out and present myself as a female.

But in the times where I can not be Megan exchange of emails, chats etc helps give her some life in between the outings where I can really express her.

My post is and pretty much a rant of sorts, sorry about that.

But I have found that cd’s are the worse when it comes to repling to emails, and other online media.
    I will reply within 24 min or 24 hours to any email or other method of communication.

The other day I received a response from a cd whom I sent an email back in June and she just replied the other day.
    Now my point is if you wait 6 months to reply to an email….you should not have email.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Platinum Member
    Generally speaking, I think its a good idea to responde promptly to email and pm's. I suppose that some people just don't go on line very often, but 6 months is a long time!

Personally because many of the cross-dressing world is living two lives would think a week is ample time to reply to someone. In my opinion anyway....

I had a pink essence, urnotalone and facebook accounts found them all to be additional ways for people to ignore me. Which is irritating to say the least.
    Megan Martin

Previously GraceAnne
    Maybe, just maybe, they are not checking their email in consideration of their spouse's feelings. Just a thought.

GraceAnn yes guess that could be it.....
    Megan Martin

I can agree if you respond six months later, it's a waste of time! But I don't have to worry about that anymore! My e-mail address and facebook account both were ''hi-jacked'' about six months ago! I just don't care anymore! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I understand megan. While you might not be able to check your email on a daily basis.. I would think a week would be time to answer.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganmartin View Post
    Now my point is if you wait 6 months to reply to an email….you should not have email.
    Is there anything else about my life that you would like to run while you are at it?

I took about 8 months to reply to an email from a friend. I had tried to reply when I received the message, but I got overwhelmed by the subject, and it took until the 8-ish months before I was able to handle the subject again. (I am Not Permitted to talk about the situation.)

On one of my accounts, I often receive requests from people that I research a technical subject I am unfamiliar with, that I find read and understand several decades worth of theory (which they usually have not looked at themselves), and show them a computer program to implement the theory, explaining the steps in detail. Often the people intend to take my answers and submit it their own work as their final-year Undergraduate project (occasionally even as their Masters.) Geology. Chemistry. Three dozen kinds of Physics. Artificial Intelligence. Engineering. Graduate-level Mathematics. Electronics. Cell phones. CT and MRI. Sometimes I get three of these within a day. Do I owe these imposing strangers a reply within 24 hours? And the outright incompetents: would you thank me for doing someone's work so they graduate without understanding what they are doing, and go on to design buildings that collapse, or devices that over-expose someone to radiation? If, as you imply, I should be replying to all these people, is JFGI an acceptable reply?

If you choose to reply to communications to you within 24 hours, that is up to you -- but don't presume to judge other people by your standards and your situation.

Well..... I always reply (or almost so) to emails and facebook messages... Especially to good friends. Some random crap ii do blow off especially stalkers and lurkers!! But I love chatting with friends who I have more than just CDing in common. Sometimes its overwhelming. Right not I'm chatting with a local gg about work and other things on FB and posting here, on makeuptalk and on facebook..

So apparently you need to find people who like to chat with you and don't just not assume its a CD thing!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sandra Leigh, I do understand what you are saying however many of these people we have no other method of communication. So it leaves the sender the question...hmm did they get it, did i send it to the wrong email address, did something happen to them.

Whereas most of the dear friends i have in my Megan world i have their phone numbers, if what i sent them was that important i can do a phone call follow up. Think it is just a polite thing to do is to reply something, i have this one friend who lives in Dallas. She will reply quickly letting me know she received the email and when she gets more computer time will respond in detail. sometimes it takes a week sometimes 3-4, think it is nice at least she cares enough to acknowledged the email and the lack of time she has.
    Megan Martin

It annoys me too, but sometimes I am guilty of it, especially if the person emailed me something that I wasn't totally sure how to respond to. Generally though, I try and be prompt and if the other person isn't prompt getting back to me, then I make them less of a priority in terms of responding back to them.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganmartin View Post
    Think it is just a polite thing to do is to reply something, [...] think it is nice at least she cares enough to acknowledged the email and the lack of time she has.
    When someone blatantly asks me to do their university-level homework for them, why is it necessary for me to be polite?

When I had already told someone twice that I would not do their "urgent" work, that I had been to a memorial service that afternoon and was mourning a murdered friend, and they replied asking me to do their work for them anyhow because it was due in two days, how much politeness would Miss Megan Manners suggest I should have used in my reply?

I'll tell you what Ann Landers and Dear Abby had to say on the subject: that when someone asks you an impolite question, you have no obligation to reply at all.

I am seeing two therapists (for different but overlapping reasons); when I told them that I was turning down or not answering more requests for homework help, one of them said "Good for you!" and the other one literally cheered.

No-one can exploit you without your co-operation. I do not need to cooperate in being exploited.

Which reminds me: on the typical day, I receive more than 300 email messages, nearly all of which are spam or scam. Perhaps it would be "polite" for me to reply to each offer to have me act as a relative of Muammar Gaddafi, but really, do you? Those 78 year old widows with cancer who want me to use their funds for charity? Each of those is (the messages claim) addressed to me personally.

"Dear Engr. Omar Lipfstifk; Thank you for this opportunity to rescue your two year old daughter from certain death at the hands of cannibal pygmy mimes. I regret that prior obligations do not permit me to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Kind regards, etc."

And this is a CD'ing subject how? It's just a rant, get a grip, some people often forget to reply to emails or have better things to do!

Thread closed!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn