Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are you HERE? Why do you WRITE?

Why are you HERE? Why do you WRITE?

I have been a member on this forum since March 2011. During my time here, much to the chagrin of the membership I am sure, I have composed and submitted many posts.

In this, I have written about my journey, including the discovery of new awakenings and re-awakenings of long suppressed thoughts and emotions.

I have written about light-hearted moments, joyous moments, and beauty. I have also written about despondency, pain, fear, and hopelessness.

Along the way, I have received positive, helpful feedback and insightful comments from the membership, of which I am eternally grateful.

But writing is not always easy. Especially introspective writing. If one is brutally honest with oneself, it can be a gut-wrenching proposition, and one to be taken seriously if the attempt is to be made. Truly opening one’s eyes to one’s self can be a dual edged blade.

Regardless, I have learned much about myself through the thoughts that I have reduced to writing. I have both cried and laughed over my words, and the meaning I attribute to my thoughts (as out there as my thoughts may be at times).

And on more than one occasion, I have thought I would just stop writing, and simply walk away from the forum. I have actually made the decision to do so several times, but invariably, I am struck again with inspiration of some sort or another, and feel compelled to both write the post and submit it, for whatever it is worth.

I do very much enjoy the friendships I have forged here. These friendships are important to me, and I hope to continue them for some time to come. Sometimes, though, I simply question whether what I am doing is worth it, and why I share so much . . . .

So why do you come here? For what reasons do you post? The posts I see range the gamut, from the super serious, to the fun and silly, to the wtf is all that about (many of my posts undoubtedly fall within the latter category ). But what is it that keeps you all writing?

We all share a common bond and it's nice to know were not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    We all share a common bond and it's nice to know were not alone.
    Well said - my exact reason as well. This place is especially important for me as I have not revealed to anyone about my CD or desire to be born a woman...

looking for friends Chrissy be good's Avatar
    I'm here because for years I felt like a freak, felt alone, and felt like wtf am I doing. I came here and found plent of folks in the same boat as I was. I haven't made any friends outside of the forums but I cherish the little interactions I do have with some of the ladies here.

So I don't go crazy. I can post freely in here and share with others and get support when needed. I am very private and closed off about my crossdressing. Being able to discuss it in here really helps me emotionally. Everyone in here offers their support and advice when needed or requested and do so in a friendly supportive manner. I like it here. I am in the "Fun and Silly" category. Lifes to serious as it is, I want to have fun.

Why am I here? I'm a life-long crossdresser, so it seemed like an obvious place to "hang out" if you will. Why do I write? Many reasons, but the thing that keeps coming back to me is what seems to be a glaring lack of any sense of humor here (with one or two exceptions). So I've dedicated my life to posting many ridiculous comments around this forum to lighten up the mood a bit. Sometimes more successfully than others, but one can only try. Of course, I blame all of this on the Chinese, because why not? This is still a free country. ... I think. One billion Chinese all wearing hot pink panties on thier heads, it's my ultimate objective. :-\ Hmm I seem to have gotten off track here somewhere.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

I'm here because I've gained so much wisdom and knowledge from the stories and perspectives of others who are experiencing or have experienced what's happening to me. But reading alone is not enough, as it's incumbent on all of us to contribute our thoughts for the benefit of others...I'm glad you write, Anne.

500+ posts? You have just started girlfriend. You need to some major writing to catch me

But I come here because I have to be somewhere and "any place is a better place to be." (wondering how many here actually know what song that came from....I am so old). Truthfully, I come here because I really want the TG community to know they are not all alone in the wilderness. That life does not end when you finally understand that you are not different or strange. That in the whole big scheme of things "that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that." Told you I was old. I come here and write because I hope that somewhere one person will see that they mean something. That one person will see that you need to be honest up front when you begin a relationship because the longer you lie and hide the more painful it gets. I come here because when you quit pounding your head against the wall it feels so good. I come here because I don't have a life I guess. But maybe, just maybe one person can gain insight from my silly ramblings. And that one person can help another and they can have a better life. Selfish I know but then I am the center of the universe.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-01-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: need a new keyboard :P
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    So I don't go crazy. I can post freely in here and share with others and get support when needed. I am very private and closed off about my crossdressing. Being able to discuss it in here really helps me emotionally. Everyone in here offers their support and advice when needed or requested and do so in a friendly supportive manner. I like it here. I am in the "Fun and Silly" category. Lifes to serious as it is, I want to have fun.
    I relate with Suzy's response. I too am very private about my CD'g - I'll never be accused of being a Chatty-Cathy for sure.

I found this site some 8 years ago; and found that I could relate to many of the issues that were raised. Since finding this site, I went through a divorce, which enabled me to observe the board more frequently. The sharing here is enabled me to be more adventurous with my crossdressing.

The members here are like sisters (TG and GG), enabling one to share their questions and concerns. In time, I should open up and express my thoughts and opinions more frequently. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
    Michele

Pfft easy thats a ZZ Top song!!! Hah nailed it!!! And I can't imagine what life would be like if we weren't all different and strange. Think we're that strange? Go spend a month in India .... We are so normal it's sickening. Its why I love to travel, keeps everything in perspective.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

I came here because someone recommended the site. I have stayed here because I like it here. I also spend way too much time here for my own good, like a lot of other people here too. That being said, I also am a very talkative person, like to hear myself talk, pontificate, solve other people's problems and contribute to threads here that I find interesting. So, I can do all that here using the written word. Being honest with myself and you all, I would much prefer to "have a life" and only visit here occasionally. However, since I do not "have" that life yet, I will continue to stay and participate. The benefits of being here are obvious to me. I get to learn a lot about a lot. I get to see that the make up of the people here is very similar to what we see in the big world outside of this forum and our little LGBT world. I also get to see how all of this can become very over-powering and care must be taken to keep it in check as best possible.

Like many I am here because I felt I was weird, alone and ashamed. I don't post much as I am new to this journey and don't feel I can add any experienced opinions on many issues. I do read many of the threads trying to help me sort out this mish-mash of emotions going on inside. I recall reading some of yours Anne that made me chuckle out loud. The wide variety of opinions in such a niche forum is astonishing. I can only hope I can learn as much as possible and maybe help someone else who is just beginning.

Entertainment value and entertainment value, receptively.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'm here so I am not alone. Many of us grew up in an age before the intenet and knew no one else going through what we alone felt. This forum is an opportunity to share our experiences, hurts and victories, bopes and dreams. I don't write a lot but still appreciate the company.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    500+ posts? You have just started girlfriend. You need to some major writing to catch me
    Ok, you got me there! Very well played! But, and there is always a BUT, some of my posts are so long, so excrutiatingly, painfully, and unnecessarily long that they really should count as 3 or 4 posts instead of just one.

Of course, I suppose you may argue that because of that, just to teach me a much needed lesson in brevity, that I should have some posts detracted from my total count . . . .

I keep on coming here to get support so I can put one heel in front of the other heel and get out that dam front door. I know I'm a wack job and here I feel normal. lol. No offence to the other girls here.

For me Anne, it's not a matter of worth...It's a part of me...worth it or not..I find coming here makes me more aware of what and why I crossdress...and enables me to accept myself...I am very happy with my life right now...Excuse me while I shower and shave my legs..hehe Thanks Anne, smooches (let's see those legs and tootsies)...Jackie
    Jackie

Well Anne, I'm here because I need to be here. I'm a people person, in the beginning I felt like a crusader here. I just wanted others to feel good about themselves, and not beat themselves up over something they can't control. If I make one person feel better about themselves then I have succeded! I think whoever created this forum had that goal in mind too.

I joined just after finally accepting myself as being TG after decades of denial and hiding/fighting it. I had an early retirement and basically live here now. It is my obsession now as my post count shows (and no I'm not a troll). I'm still progressing to see where my own journey will take me and have met some wonderful people here. The advice and compassion are second to none on this forum. I can be me here.

I do it for all the reasons you all have listed here... It's great to know we're not alone.

Now that's a good thread to start. Why am I here? I thought for the longest time that I really was alone in this world and that very few, if any, real humans had also been born this way. Oh, I had read the occasional article or two about some guy turning into a girl, but that was all the information that was available pre-net. In fact, if I wanted to get the article from the library, I had to go up to the librarian and ask for the specific magazine... I was afraid of her asking me.. "and what exactly are you looking for?".

So now, since y'all aren't in my town where we can all just sit down and hang out, I come here. I have learned tips and tricks to making my fem life much easier. Okay, I've yet to take all the suggestions, but I'm working on them.

I guess, it's just comfortable being here. Yep that's it.

Renne.....

I am here because I have become a member of this forum's community. I learn things that I didn't know, get reinforcement, and hopefully, contribute.

Gold Member
    I believe in acceptance of who we are. And to me, when you reach acceptance, you tend to have less issues with struggling through life. Once you try and fight the acceptance, then you leave yourself open to struggling with what we do. So I come here to learn and to pay it back with others. The learning process is continuous, so the pay back should be also.

But that is just the start. Once you start down that road, then you are here long enough to make friendships. And I am one that believes that family and friends are what makes life good. The rest just adds up as "supporting events".

I often feel guilt participating in this forum as if I'm a interloper pretending to be something I'm not because I do not know what I am and probably never will. As yet I have never met someone like me in this world and it is not from a lack of trying but I have found on this forum that I come closer to meeting others whose minds resonate with my own than I have ever met out in the "real world".

When you are a minority of one where do you go, who do you turn to learn about yourself from others experiences? And if the world has rejected your ways leaving you with the feeling of being worthless and possibly even mentally ill than what? Life becomes a prison of "me against them" and my soul, my very will to live is threatened with destruction because how can one person stand against the world and say you are wrong and I am right? How can we evolve into what we are destined to be if the very process threatens others world view and our usefullness in the eyes of the world?

And if the greater truth is that every single person is living this nightmare trying to ascertain their right to "be" but the very act threatens others who are trying to do the same thing than life becomes about control to protect what little sanity each has left so to protect self we try to impose our views on others not from love to release them from pain but fear of not escaping our own.

I come to this forum for my salvation and I hope to offer something in return. We all are crossing the burning desert hoping for that sip of water in the form of acceptance and love to give us the strength to keep placing one foot in front of the other until that day when we are filled and the waters of love flowforth giving back to all what we have received.

I hope in some fashion Anne you remain a presence on this forum for surely you carry within you these waters that we all need.

There is a part of me that has no voice other than when I am here. In everyday life that hidden part gets revealed in little ways, but when I am here it is full-voiced and honest. Also, I am here because I delight in your voices. It seems to me we are a community living on the edge, and together we make lovely music.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I actually came across this site in my search for a better understanding about crossdressing myself. My wife join a website for the wife of crossdressers and it seem so negative I wanted to see if other sites were more supportive.
    I know I am very new here but feel I have learn a lot from the post of others. I welcome any help and support I can get!