Thread: Buffet restaurant in slc.

Buffet restaurant in slc.

I went to the ChuckO Rama in Salt Lake city, when I was in line waiting to get in there was an elderly lady who noticed me and kept looking back at me, I was with a gg friend so she did not say anything to us. We finally made it in to our table, when I was at the buffet counter getting some food, the elderly lady put her hand on my arm and asked me if I was having fun, I replied "I always have fun as a woman", she replied " its fun being a woman til you have to do the dishes", we both laughed at that, she then said to me she liked my dress, and told me keep having fun as a woman. That was a wonderful experience for me, I hugged the lady and told her thanks, she also told me that I was pretty, I told her she was a beautiful lady, she thanked me. My gg friend said to me that was the sweetest exchange between me and the elderly lady, I agree, I was on cloud:-)nine after that.

That's why people should just be nice to others. That lady put joy in your heart, and I believe you did the same for her. Plus I'm sure your friend was happy. It's a win-win + another win. It all goes back to the saying, "why can't we all just get along?"

Peace & Love
    :::~Melody-Renee-Shaw~:::

Beautiful experience, it is so nice when someone takes the time to complient you in such a positive way. Thank you for sharing.

Cindy

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story! It's the kind of story I would love to here everyday! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Gold Member
    Not in Salt Lake City!

That was certainly a nice lady. Also one with some good insight. Very nice exchange.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    great way to show some people DO accept differences in others.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    There's a lot of talk about acceptance and tolerance, but being warmly welcomed is truely the most overwhelming experience. I am so glad you have had the experience. Isn't it a fantastic feeling?

Hope there are more on your journey!!!

Thanks for the wonderful replies, I have had many wonderful encounters with total strangers when I have been out and about, especially SLC. I beleave society is way more a cepting then we all realize. Yes there are places we should not go when dressed enfemme, however if we dress and act appropriate in public, we will be accepted.

A great moment Vivianann. I have had similar experiences and I totally agree with you that the world is much more tolerating and accepting than we give it credit for. It is that the few negatives seem to overpower all the great positives that are out there for us to experience.

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    days like those make it all worthwhile
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I've had similar experiences too. What I always try to do is smile, and others around you usually will do the same.
    Dana Ryan

What a lovely post - and gesture on the part of that elderly lady!

This proves once again that it is wrong to generalize, as we often think that older people are set in their ways, not open to new ideas and concepts, and have a very black and white view of the world - especially when it comes to things like the outdated views on stereotypical male and female roles and means of gender expression that were drilled into them in their youth. In other words, the "Archie Bunker" syndrome...

Any yet, many are like the "Golden Girls" - savvy, smart, "with it", surprisingly tolerant, and sometimes even a bit raunchy - especially those who have lived long, full lives and have been exposed to many new experiences along the way. It's not always the young GG's who we usually assume are so "hip" and therefore cool with us...

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    It is nice when a wonderful occurrence like this can elicit so many positive feelings in so many others. I think we can agree that perhaps we do focus too much on the negatives. The happy we can tuck away and smile about, while the negatives will haunt us for a long time. Human nature. I have to agree, be nice and others will also.

It is so good to have a story like this to hold for the new year, hopefully a sign of things to come.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    What an Awesome Story! I always love it when that happens were someone complements you and puts you on cloud nine!

Hugs
    Trisha

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    SLC has some really great people and you met one of them. Hey wait a minute it is the place of my birth. Never write off the Western States some people there believe "live and let live."

What a great story to start the New Year with. Thank you for posting. It is so encouraging.

AnitaH

Platinum Member
    I often get the feeling that women enjoy that we are sharing that secret - that its fun to be a woman. What a great conversation!