Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female voice issues - how do you deal with them?

like the nike commercials say "just do it!" no better way to learn than to go out and use your voice. I did NOT sound like a woman before but I am consistently ma'amed on the phone now. Then again I am full time, before I went full time I would worry every time that my fem voice wasn't going to come back of course it did though I needed a half hour or so to get it up to speed again. I think that unless you are especially gifted there is little chance that a CDer who dresses for a social event once a month or so is going to develop a convincing Female voice because it requires emersion to really learn. My voice is still improving at least now i find myself in a place were im not sure i could "do" my old male voice without it sounding contrived. obviously i still have that lower range but those muscles are atrophying while the muscles in the higher range are much stronger now. One thing I did was sing in the car a lot that helps.

One thing I always found a little humorous is when men try to speak like a women but they do it with a lisp. I want to say "how many women have you heard that speak with a lisp". The thing is that it is obvious that they are doing it on purpose. Believe me when I say that I am not making light of those that can't help it, I would never ever do that. Also maybe it is because I live the deep south but I find myself sounding like Scarlett O'Hara(I know funny, right) or a British lady (I know even funnier, right) when I try to speak like a women. I am thinking to myself that this will never do and then I just give up. So I have 2 very important parts of this crossdressing deal that work against me should I ever go out and try to shop or something .

1. I look like a gorilla in a dress.
    2. I sound like a gorilla in a dress.

Believe me when I say I am not making light of gorillas, I would never do that. They are making light of me. Good luck with your learning experience and I hope you are able to find your feminine voice.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    One thing I always found a little humorous is when men try to speak like a women but they do it with a lisp. I want to say "how many women have you heard that speak with a lisp". The thing is that it is obvious that they are doing it on purpose. Believe me when I say that I am not making light of those that can't help it, I would never ever do that. Also maybe it is because I live the deep south but I find myself sounding like Scarlett O'Hara(I know funny, right) or a British lady (I know even funnier, right) when I try to speak like a women. I am thinking to myself that this will never do and then I just give up. So I have 2 very important parts of this crossdressing deal that work against me should I ever go out and try to shop or something .

1. I look like a gorilla in a dress.
    2. I sound like a gorilla in a dress.

Believe me when I say I am not making light of gorillas, I would never do that. They are making light of me. Good luck with your learning experience and I hope you are able to find your feminine voice.
    Even gorillas want to look cute. Just do your best and be the best woman you can be with what you have and enjoy.

Banned Read only
    I've seen some clips on youtube and some...adult sites...and I've seen several CDs or T-Girls who are very passable, until they speak and then they sound like gay guys. Bailey Jay really has the female voice nailed. Also I understand that some guys simply want to dress in women's clothing and do not want to BE a woman, they just enjoy the clothes. Which is fine for them, I, however, have been grappling with the desire to completely pass. I don't know if it'll even be possible, but I want to be able to get dressed, do my make up, and then walk out with nobody being able to guess what I have between my legs,a nd that includes speaking. Back to the thread, I'm not dealing with it at all because I'm still coming to grips with even wanting to do this in the first place. One step at a time.

I went to a voice teacher. She was very, very helpful and gave me exercises to do. I had four lessons and am pleased with the results (as far as what people tell me- I still sound fake to me...). It was a lot of fun!! If you you are serious about your voice then I would suggest that you give it a shot. It was $25 for a 1/2 hour lesson. For me, I needed feedback from a live teacher rather than using You Tube, but YMMV. Here are some threads that talk about my experences with the voice teacher:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...end&highlight=
    This thread has some great information and comments:

My favorite Youtube video on this subject is a quickie voice lesson that covers some of the basics on how to sound female. I always review it before going out enfemme.
    Last edited by Dana7; 01-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Never had a problem with it. Always spoke the same and made out fine. Basically it wasn't an issue for me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I wish I could talk as a woman convincingly. It's always been a fantasy of mine to go shopping at the supermarket and do normal everyday type errands en femme, but I'm paranoid about facing a cashier and being obvious as a man dressed as a woman. If I thought I could pull off being passable both visually and audibly, then I'd totally do it.

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    like the nike commercials say "just do it!" no better way to learn than to go out and use your voice. I did NOT sound like a woman before but I am consistently ma'amed on the phone now. Then again I am full time
    If you want to find your voice? Go full time, you will find it in a hurry! I think my voice comes from a life as a singer and probably most voice coaches will teach you the same thing if you want your voice to sound real and not straining for a falsetto.

1. In singing you should always sing from your diaphragm. You dont want to do this when speaking in a female voice. Speak from the top of your thought in order to cut out the deep resonance of your male voice.

2. In your normal octave sing a major scale. do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti do. I put la in bold parenthesis because this is the pitch you should be using. This leaves your room to go up and down with voice inflections. This is all done in a range you are already comfortable with because it is in your range. You will not sound like a squeeky fake.

3. Now practice singing words while holding that note. It will sound silly because you will have no voice inflections, but you have to get used to finding it and holding it before you can ad conversational inflections.

4. Practice speaking in normal conversation now with this note and inflections.

Practice, Practice, Practice

I hear so many girls sound so unnatural, its important that you do not use a falsetto. It will out you faster than bad makeup.
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com