Thread: Female voice issues - how do you deal with them?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Female voice issues - how do you deal with them?

I have been watching several forums to see how different girls deal with voice issues when out and about and I wanted to see what ladies here have done. Do you speak softly in your male voice? Do you have a female voice already?

I purchased the set of MP3 lessons on finding your female voice and am working with them - but I need to find a better chromatic tuner to be able to follow the lessons.

On another website, one of the girls said she went to a speech therapist and while it was a far amount of money ($150 for the first visit and about $65 for subsequent visits) she got a passable voice after 4 visits, which I thought was just phenomenal!

So, how do you speak when out and about? Thanks!

Beats me. Some of us just don't have the right plumbing.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There are a lot of YouTube videos that explain and demonstrate the whole process of reducing the use of the bass part of our voices. That immediately raises the pitch, but more importantly it requires a change in how you speak in order to overcome the lack of the bass. After all, women don't have much of that bass resonance and use their voices in different ways to generate inflections.

The easy part is the pitch. The hard part is learning to use voice and language as a woman. The best teachers are all the women around you. Just listen and learn

tina

Thanks, suchacutie! Did the Youtube videos work for you?

Also do a lot of practicing and it helps to record you voice and learn from it.

If I was to describe my voice I guess it would be close to a drill sergeant with a throat full of gravel. Its one of the reasons I don't go out fully dressed. Four lessons? Four years and $10,000 and I think I'd sound pretty much the same. :-\ Good luck though, I'd love to have a feminine voice.

You know on the upside of this, if I ever feel the need to be manly all I have to do is engage someone in a lengthy conversation. Helps to smooth out the bumps in the pink fog a bit and keeps me centered. So, maybe it's a good thing my voice is as it is, because centered is where I like to be :-).
    Last edited by Crysten; 01-03-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Banned Read only
    I've seen some clips on youtube and some...adult sites...and I've seen several CDs or T-Girls who are very passable, until they speak and then they sound like gay guys. Bailey Jay really has the female voice nailed. Also I understand that some guys simply want to dress in women's clothing and do not want to BE a woman, they just enjoy the clothes. Which is fine for them, I, however, have been grappling with the desire to completely pass. I don't know if it'll even be possible, but I want to be able to get dressed, do my make up, and then walk out with nobody being able to guess what I have between my legs,a nd that includes speaking. Back to the thread, I'm not dealing with it at all because I'm still coming to grips with even wanting to do this in the first place. One step at a time.

I went to a voice teacher. She was very, very helpful and gave me exercises to do. I had four lessons and am pleased with the results (as far as what people tell me- I still sound fake to me...). It was a lot of fun!! If you you are serious about your voice then I would suggest that you give it a shot. It was $25 for a 1/2 hour lesson. For me, I needed feedback from a live teacher rather than using You Tube, but YMMV. Here are some threads that talk about my experences with the voice teacher:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...end&highlight=
    This thread has some great information and comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Charla View Post
    ...........- but I need to find a better chromatic tuner to be able to follow the lessons........
    Go to a larger music store in your area. They will have a selection of chromatic tuners.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda