Thread: Another stroll through the neighborhood

Platinum Member

Another stroll through the neighborhood

I went out this afternoon with my dogs - a mid day walk does wonders for their behavior and my sanity

Anyway, as I went up the next block over, I noticed a minivan with the passenger door open. It was parked right in front of the home of the first neighbor I came out to and the driver, a young lady with kids, was chatting with that neighbor. My first instinct was to go the other way, but I decided, you've come this far, might as well keep going. So, I walked up the cul de sac, greeting my neighbor as I passed, and on the way back I stopped breifly to chat with her.

We hadn't seen each other, while I was en femme, since last summer, so I was a little uncertain, but it was fine. She asked about our holiday, the grand kids, and said how pretty she though our dogs were. Then the young mom asked if her 6 year old could pet my dogs...which of course was fine.

Neither lady seemed at all put off by my appearance and the conversation was entirely normal and at ease. I really enjoy just being treated like any other another lady in the neighborhood.

Well Kim you are an inspiration to many of us that haven't ventured out into the real world. I enjoy reading your progress out there.

Platinum Member
    It could very well be that I'm the joke of the neighborhood, but don't hear the laughing. Or maybe people think I'm nuts...and don't dare show fear or suprise. Or it may be that people really don't care as long as your yard and home are well maintained, and you don't disturb anyone.

Nice story Kim! You and your neighbor are the kind od neighbors we all need! Thanks for sharing your story! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It could very well be that I'm the joke of the neighborhood, but don't hear the laughing. Or maybe people think I'm nuts...and don't dare show fear or suprise. Or it may be that people really don't care as long as your yard and home are well maintained, and you don't disturb anyone.
    Or it could be, knowing you have a pool, that they do not want to be stricken from the invitation list! Regardless, all I have to say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Good for you, Kim, and very well done!