Thread: Breast forms and Flying

Breast forms and Flying

Does anyone have advice for me about whether it is ok to take breast forms through an airport security?
    Options are
    Have them in my case
    Wear them and go en-femme
    As a 6' person it is hard not to know I am male so the second option may be hard
    With them being so expensive, I don't want to run the riskof them being taken off me for "security" reasons
    This is for travel to/from the UK and Europe by the way

Should be find to wear them unless the TSA agents have a bug up their ass and decide to have some fun with you! Lol. Personally I pack mine in my bags and have never had a problem except for over weight bags!! Damn things aren't light!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've worn them through security without a problem. I never carried them thru, so I couldn't tell you about that. I have also packed them in my checked bags with out a problem. Just pack them in the middle of your clothes so they don't get poked from foreign objects.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

I keep mine in my carru-on usually without any issues. Asked once why I was carrying womens apparel and I just replied I was tg and no problems.

Our current policies and procedures focus on ensuring that all passengers, regardless of their personal situations and needs, are treated equally and with the dignity, respect, and courtesy they deserve.
    Additionally, we are continuing to permit prescription liquid medications and other liquids needed by persons with disabilities and medical conditions. This includes:Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids;
    That is from TSA's web site http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...eds/index.shtm.

Like Karren says though a TSA agent may make a special fuss over anything.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

As a pilot I imagine the TSA wouldn't have much to say to me. And if they did, they could kiss my white ass as I taxied out to the departure end of Runway 32.

As a passenger though, I imagine you'd want to take some basic precautions. I'm assuming they're made of silicone, so gel and liquid restrictions shouldn't apply. If you wear them, be prepared to get felt up, assuming they use a body scanner. Be prepared to ask for a private screening, if you would feel uncomfortable having one performed in public, should the officers need to make a secondary examination of your person or your bags for any reason (it is your right but it will slow you down a bit so leave some extra time). I expect that most TSA agents have seen them (and millions of other things) before, so you won't be out of the ordinary. But should you encounter one that treats you inappropriately, be sure to file a complaint! You have a right to travel!

Consider that a quarter of a million women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year and about 40% of them undergo mastectomy. That's a lot of breast forms going through the line and I doubt that those GGs worry about whether to wear them or put them in the luggage.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi Marge,

I am not sure where you live, but I did my first CD abroad last month and flew from the UK to Germay via Amsterdam (okay Europe is stupid! I prefer the Schipol hub to Heathrow, which is a nightmare) and took my forms in my checked luggage... along with several changes of clothing (!)... no issues at all... I had fun in Germany. There are girls here who fly regularly 'en femme' though... and they know a lot better than I do on that subject. I did get patted down... and the guy will have felt my holdups and thong!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Thanks for the advice, I didn't expect so many replies so soon, so a big thanks for that
    I do go through Heathrow and Amsterdam so I guess the best bet is checked in and hope the bag is ok and also wait for ages!!
    Security is there for a reason but my experience is that a fair few "officers" abuse their powers since I travel every week :-((

Marge, I wanted to send you a PM but you haven't enough posts to get you to the next 'level' of interaction on the site... my experiences were really good!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Katz, thanks for the offer
    What do I need to do to get to the next level ..... In more ways than one (but also on this site)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Marge, I wanted to send you a PM but you haven't enough posts to get you to the next 'level' of interaction on the site... my experiences were really good!
    Just seen that I need 10 posts... So at least here is another less one to do :-))

For what it's worth, I do my part to educate the TSA with every trip I take (3-4 /yr)... always have my forms in my carry on and every time it's searched I just matter-of-factly inform the agent that they are breast forms. Get a wide variety of reactions from shock to mild amusement/curiosity, but never negative. Good luck!

I carry my forms all the time (carry on bag) and about 1/3 of the time, they ask to do a check of my bag. Now I just tell them there are silicon forms in the bag and the general location - they already know where the offending item is. They find them and say OK. The last one asked If I was a surgeon. They can not take them from you. They just look funny in the x ray - like liquid.

Great thread Marge, I had the same question as I'm headin out of state next week and may find some time to be en fem. I was thinking that I would have gotten the royal search especially with the steel boned corset setting the alarms off so I'm going to go en male mode and pack everything in checked baggage...

Thanks for sharing...

Renne.....

A . wear my forms through the airport always. B: no offense meant to anybody. generally the security people aren't that sharp. C: girl who gave me a quit pat smiled when she felt the girls. nice moment
    regent,

Silver Member
    Before 911 when I flew I wore my enhancers, or carried them on most of the time. My first flight soon after, I packed them in my luggage since I was being met at the airport and only carried my brief case on so I could go to a meeting imediately. My suitcase was overweight, but indicated no charge gov/contract. I was surprized they searched it, but then realized they had seen the enhancers. Who ever searched it laid the notice on top of them under my lingerie. I thought it was funny.

Oh just send em ahead of you...FedEx, ya know? LOL... Or...buy new, shipped to you. Europa europa...let Margie come ova... Srry...kinda drunky poo. Got my own issues working thru. Trade you bae... Hmm... Hava nice trip! So cool... Bon voyage girl. wish I was yu!