Thread: Coffee and acceptance, just what I needed

Coffee and acceptance, just what I needed

Well,

After spending the Christmas week with the parents (who don't know about me) and having an up and down time with my sister, getting back home Sunday evening I was feeling pretty stressed. Spent all day Monday as Katie (as usual) but was still feeling it, which continued all day today as it was back to work and not being me.

Anyway, come tonight and I go over to a friends house for coffee, he knows Katie better than the male person he originally met. I wasn't looking that great, thought I better shave before going out but was down to the last , used, razor blade. Assumed it would be OK, queue horrendous stubble rash and no time to put on much makeup, so sufficed with some eyeliner and lipstick.

Had a lovely time chatting away and the stress just melted away. Sitting here now I realize it was the feeling of being accepted for who I am which was so wonderful and something I had sorely missed over Christmas. It really makes me thankful and happy that what I am doesn't matter in the slightest to my friends, they love me just the same.

Just wanted to share something which wasn't negative

/Katie

X X X
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Hi Katie!

That is so Great you got to distress with friends!

Hugs
    Trisha

Much better news You go Girl..

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    FRIENDS says it all. You are so lucky to have true friends like this person. So glad he could make you feel this good.

Hugs, Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

That is great Katelyn! That's what good friends do! Be sure and thank him for being a great friend! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Real friends and their acceptance are treasures. Glad you found a respite from the stresses of the holidays