Thread: I'm out to the whole family now

I'm out to the whole family now

I've been out to the whole family for a week now and there response has been so wonderful. I'm married and have three boys 15, 12, 5. They all accept me and love me just the same. The only sort of negative response was from my middle son who was worried I was gay. I assured him I'm not and explained that it's just clothes and it makes me very happy.

I've been in skirts, hose, tops and shoes all week except work and its been so incredible not having to hide or change. I've also got my nails painted a shimmery pink, my toes are a darker purple then I thought it'd be.

I also today went to work with my nails painted and talked to my boss about it. I've had them painted a low profile color like a beige or very light pink since I started there a few weeks ago. I made an excuse that I couldn't get an appt to change the color and wanted to let him know in case he heard about it. I feel terrible lying but it seemed better then the whole truth about what I like to do. He said he doesn't think its an issue at all and appreciated me telling him. I said I was afraid others might and that I don't want to lose my job. He said again he doesn't think it'll be an issue but if he hears anything he'll let me know.

So far its been a good week in the dressing world. I love hearing these stories on here so I thought I'd share mine.

Missy, that's a nice story! Having acceptance from the whole family is the greatest feeling of all! THANKS FOR SHARING! Hugs!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

That is an amazing story. I'd love to hear how you brought it up - if you feel like sharing. Happy New Year!

Well my wife told my oldest and I told my middle son, I didn't my youngest. I was in a skirt and my middle son wanted to go somewhere and asked how long till we could go. I opened the door and said unless you want me to go in this. I know it wasn't the best way, it just kinda happened.

We've all talked a few times since then and I explained how it makes me feel. My wife told me that while I was at work that my youngest was walking around in my heels, she said it was so cute and funny. My oldest picked up my flats and said "we need to get dad new shoes, these look Dutch or something". He was just joking but he has a point.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    A good story to hear, thanks so much for sharing. I hope the attitudes stay level over the next few weeks, as they can vary from time to time.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Platinum Member
    That's wonderful, Missy. Please keep reinforcing the message that you are and always will be their dad...and most of all keep talking with them.

I hpe it all works out ok with our job too.