Thread: Zombies, Dreams, and Crossdressing

Zombies, Dreams, and Crossdressing

After a long, stressful, day at work, parenting, or just being, I really enjoy a nice, deep, comfortable sleep when I have the opportunity and time. Nothing is more relaxing and invigorating than falling into a deep, deep, catatonic slumber where reality and awareness completely cease to exist.

When I sleep deep, however, I tend to dream with intensity. Apparently, I have quite an imagination while in sleep land. I dream from anything about dressing en femme in public to being chased for my life by zombies.

A usual, recurring theme among the dreams I have is being out in public, among friends, family, and a ton a strangers, and suddenly realizing I am dressed to the nines, with nowhere to hide and run. Upon this recognition, I am invariably scared sh!tless, but I slowly and methodically become more comfortable with it as I recognize no one in my dream takes notice of anything out of the ordinary, as if my appearance is the most natural thing in the world. Despite the initial fear, these dreams are generally pleasant, surprising, and very much exciting.

On the other end of the spectrum, however, are my zombie dreams. And no, my zombie dreams are not a result of having watched every episode of The Walking Dead to date (which I have, btw). I have had these dreams for years and years and years, as long as I can remember.

As one may imagine, my zombie dreams are always quite intense, with everything on the line. The zombies are relentless, numerous, and unflappable. And yet, regardless of the dreary, cold, scary setting, background, or scenario that I find myself dreaming within, I am usually able to escape the iniquitous clutches of the odious undead. On the rare occasion, however, that I fail to escape, I startle awake, left wondering wtf was that about?

But thankfully, I have yet to crossdream. Can you imagine combining the two genres of dreams, and attempting, undoubtedly in vain, to escape the wrath of zombies while wearing 5 inch heels and a ball gown? I fear the chase would be short lived, indeed.

But I am curious about the thought. Do any of you have any crazy, far out there CDing dreams, other than the typical, standard caught in public dreams I described above? Do you crossdream? If so, what do you crossdream about?

I don't know Anne but I think you're on to something. How about a movie called "Attack of the Zombie Crossdressers"? I'd gladly be an extra just to be a part of it.

Wow Zombies!Zombies better never cross the path of this crossdresser or she will show them how crossed a cross crosserdresser can be! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    Marleena was pretty close with her Attack of the Zombie Crossdressers, but I think your dreams about cd and zombies are just trying to tell you that crossdressing will never die.
    BTW, I have had a few dreams of being at work and realizing I was wearing a skirt and everybody accepted it as normal.

Have you ever thought the zombies in your dreams aren't just zombies but symbolism so to speak? As far as zombies what do you know about them? They are people who have died by a virus or another zombie coming back to life biting/killing other people and transforming them aswell as zombies, repeat and there you have it. But if you look at it like that then its fine, but if you look at it as something more like for instance. Zombies in your dream represent society and a forced changed, zombies hate anything thats not them etc. And they are trying to change the very essence of who you are so your instinct of course is to run from them and try to survive as long as you possibly can untill you are forced changed aswell into something you do not want to be forever if you get caught or give up of course.

Anyway just food for thought sweetie ^^ usually there are some purpose to dreams other then just being dreams atleast I would think. Either rather is nostalgia,belonging,hope or your dreams. Either that or I am just thinking entirely to much hun.~Leeiah

p.s excuse the typos.

Sorry you have such vivid dreams, particularly the disturbing ones. I would suggest that you particularly avoid two movies, one is "Killer Drag Queens on Dope" (the title IS pretty much the entire plot) and the other to never, never watch is "Night of the Comet."

I would recommend that you stock up on Hornady Zombie-Max but I'm worried that you might sleepwalk!

I hope you can discover what causes the zombie dreams and obliterate it so that you can have nothing but pleasant girly dreams from now on!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Aspiring Member
    I have a lot of nightmares, mostly of the apocalyptic variety. Zombies, earthquakes, nuclear war, so forth...so on. Always trying to survive against really bad odds. Always losing a lot of friends and family. They're unsettling and I wind up having to wake myself up at some point. Don't know why I dream those things exactly, but have heard that dreams are often be processing of or anxiety about unsettled business. Makes sense and I have much unsettled business with depression and TG issues. Oh and for the record, even though I am not a ravenous consumer of zombie media, I do watch The Walking Dead. (That poor little girl)

I have had many dreams with me as a woman character for many years, but I'd say in most my gender had nothing to do with the the dream itself. Lately though, I've had some pretty frequent and vivid dreams where my gender and my transition was the subject. Two or three this past week. I also wonder if the vividness had anything to do with the Nyquil I've been taking for a bad cold!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, Anne! I had one awhile back just like that! I dreamed I was being chased by zombies with torches and pitchforks!
    They were yelling, "It's horrible! Catch it! Kill it!" OH WAIT! That was this Dec. when I went to the mall!

Seriously, my dreams r boring! Black and white. I can count the CD ones on 3 fingers or less. And heck, I'm so old I rarely even dream about SEX anymore!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

TOO Funny!!!!!!! Hornady Zombie-Max
    Or you could stop playing 1st person shooter games; or start playing them, depending.....
    Last edited by donnalee; 01-04-2012 at 04:13 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Zombies worry me too. Always double tap. I am a crossdreamer but a different kind perhaps.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 01-04-2012 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    ............And no, my zombie dreams are not a result of having watched every episode of The Walking Dead to date (which I have, btw).
    Mine where!!!!......the first series gave me nightmares after each episode

Just about recovered during season 2

I've had lots of strange dreams in my life with all sorts of different themes. My son usually finds them entertaining if I can remember enough of them to give him a more or less coherent account. I have had crossdressing dreams--usually being dressed in public and feeling very uncomfortable. I've also had a fair few dreams about being caught naked in public. I wonder what that means. I've often thought I should go to a shrink just to tell him all my dreams. He could make his career and a fortune by publishing them--and naturally I should get my share of the proceeds.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    But I am curious about the thought. Do any of you have any crazy, far out there CDing dreams, other than the typical, standard caught in public dreams I described above? Do you crossdream? If so, what do you crossdream about?
    Nope, and no caught in public-type CD dreams, either. My CD dreams lately are "becoming" dreams, sometimes starting crossdressed and realizing I'm female, sometimes the other way around. Both are a relatively new pattern. I have the haziest memory of a flying CD dream a few weeks ago, but that's as close as I can come to your crossdream concept! And no, there was no Wonder Woman outfit involved!

Lea

Platinum Member
    Interesting. I once asked my therapist how to interpret the intense dreams I was having, just during and after my divorce. Nasty dreams with my ex screaming at me...and me being unable to get a word in....no wait, was that a dream? And other nasty dreams, like imagining swarms of little trolls, perhaps as big as those beetles in the Mummy....literally hacking me to oblivion.

According to her, a common driver behind these dreams is your minds attempt to process life situations in the chaotic enviroment of a dream. So frustrations with an SO (or ex), or a feeling that one deserves to be punished, or simply a desire to escape all can meld into a muddled dreamscape.

I've had a couple of brief dreams when I've realized that I'm dressed and have to deal with the awkwardness of being discovered....kinda a no-place-to-hide scenario. But no zombies. I imagine this is an expression of a waking fear of exposure.

Hi Anne

Read 'Shakespeare Undead' by Lori Handeland. It has it all, zombies, crossdressing, passing, and sword fighting. The easiest way to explain it is to think 'The Walking Dead' meets 'Shakespeare in Love.' As an avid fan of Shakespeare I loved it.

Cassidy

Unfortunately I do not have dreams with crossdressing or sexual scripts of any kind. Stricly PG rated. Been that way all of my life. Probably had 3 involving women's clothing in the last 50 years! My wife on the other hand has LSD like inspired dream such as yours. Hers have sub-plots and special effects and all manner of bright colors. She once took a medication that could cause dreams and had some of the most vivid nightmares ever. I think this all relates to brain chemistry.
    Sally

I love my dreams where I am fully crossdressed. There is a feeling of "OMG" but no one notces or cares. I have a very feminine body and Im not sure whether I am a woman or not in some dreams.
    My view on it is that the person in my dream is the true inner me. No worries of being sneered at or looked on as a freak. A true dream.
    No zombies yet tho. Have you been watching too much late night "The Walking Dead"?

xx

Quote: "Can you imagine combining the two genres of dreams, and attempting, undoubtedly in vain, to escape the wrath of zombies while wearing 5 inch heels and a ball gown? I fear the chase would be short lived, indeed."

This sentence has been making me laugh all morning =) Hehe.

Sounds like some kind of stress reaction, Anne... or are you taking medication? I can't take sleeping pills, for example, because they give me vivid nightmares. You might want to read up on lucid dreaming - consciously controlling what you dream. It just might work for you.

I hardly ever dream and when I do I can’t remember them.
    What would you put that down to Anne?

I think its my low I,Q, [Better than being chased by zombies!]

SUZY

Being chased by dead people or pursued by a vampire for me is symbolic of my fear of being used by others who wish to steel my life energy because they are dead on the inside. There is a phrase called "soul muder" that Henrik Ibsen defines " as the destruction of the love of life in another human being" This destruction is done by adults to children because they are envious of their innocence ( love of life ) that they are born with and want to make the children lifeless like them so they are not reminded of the deadness inside them or use them to live through them as a substitute for their murdered soul, than the children grow up souless because they no longer take for granted their value as human beings due to the abuse and exploitation and in turn are filled with hate and confusion repeating the evil against others that was done to them. When your soul ( love of life ) is strong enough you avoid " toxic people " who still are trapped in the confusion of fear and hate born from a murdered soul. Long before there was psychology there was art and much of art is the mind trying to understand it's shadow (subconscious) that was created by others before our minds had defenses against the violence that the world does to us.

This is why are relationship to fear is so important, because most of our fears were injected into us by others and do not really exist.
    The human mind is transparent because we produce what we are, we create the reality that we believe exists even when it does not, trying to force truth to bend to our needs so we do not experience the fear others have placed inside us. We know a person by their fears