Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Snide Remarks

Good for you, I know always take the high road, it takes a bigger and better person to walk away. I'am about the same size and used to fight at drop of the hat, but cding has made a more relaxed person. In my male mode I'am very mascaline I drove dirt late models for nearly 35 yrs., ride motorcycles and every manly thing. I say smile people will either return or wonder what you are up to. GRACE

Y'know, what goes around comes around. Someday that guy will be overheard badmouthing someone who matters in his life and will pay the price.

After all, while you were sitting right next to your wife having fun, he was sitting there so bored that he had to amuse himself talking on the phone. You win!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

He was unkind.

"(she was fat & ugly - haha)" as were you.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

You did the right thing. I have had the snide remarks, not for cross dressing, but because I'm white and my SO is back. We live in DC, but sometimes head out to the Old Dominion. At first the comments would bother me, but now I barely hear them.

You had the last laugh. That jerk of an old fart is probably thinking how boring his life is and so he takes it out on anyone who he can. You just happened to be the nearest one at that salon.

You did exactly the right thing. Maintaining your cool and smiling let this jerk know that you are above his lame harrassments.

Good job on being the better person in this situation. And don't let that situation steal your joy. I'd love to be able to get my toenails painted!

Oh, I think maybe as Karren said a snide remark may have been in order but to be effective you have to think pretty fast--besides I'll bet he was just jealous....................Debra

You did the right thing, but that doesn't make it feel better.
    Raychel

Thats a tough thing to keep quiet in a situation like that. It doesn't feel good turning the other cheek but its for the better. Hopefully the owners of the salon heard the whole thing and won't put up with it in the future. It sucks your whole day was ruined. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Jean View Post
    Adding to the story, the wife was giving me strange looks, too. I didn't care for the way either of them were looking at me, as if I was doing something wrong. I am not a violent person, but I am a human being and I have feelings. My anger came from being insulted. He probably thought I didn't hear his remarks. The ladies at the nail shop are always friendly and glad to see us. Our money spends just like anyone elses. They make us feel welcome unconditionally. If it hadn't bothered me so bad, I wouldn't have written about it 24 hours later.
    Both of thsese people are sacks of s*!t. They're miserable in their own lives so they have to try and bring someone else down.

Am I the only one who thinks the opposite?
    That bigots need to publically humiliated and made an example of for their dangerous beliefs and prejudices.

Just Kill him with kindness and it will really piss him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    He was unkind.

"(she was fat & ugly - haha)" as were you.
    You are right.
    I didn't tell everyone in the salon that she was, though.
    I never would have wrote that here if I wasn't mad and offended.
    Still... my fun was stolen.
    ​Cindy

Great job showing restraint. you definitly did the right thing, besides hes probably jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy1997 View Post
    Just Kill him with kindness and it will really piss him off.
    True! I've found that sometimes just smiling and acting as if they had just complimented you is the key to discouraging behavior like this. It's no fun insulting someone if they just don't get the point that they are being insulted. If I was en femme when this kind of incident happened to me, I would blow them a kiss!

In any event, take half an hour and just let it all go, then get on with your life. You can forget he ever existed, but he will be an A-hole the rest of his life, and that's punishment enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

You are right.
    I didn't tell everyone in the salon that she was, though.
    I never would have wrote that here if I wasn't mad and offended.
    Still... my fun was stolen.

You have every right to be mad...but what I hear most of all, is you were so hurt by those who were so unkind to you.

I know those few and far between, treasured moments are so precious to you.
    I am real sorry your fun was stolen from you...you deserve to be pampered and happiness.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

It was similar situations ,mostly about my hair,that sent me to anger management,with a remark about sugar in the tank could be construed as an act towards your car there by I would have called the police and let him deal with them.Or better yet a hate crime.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sometimes for your self esteem, u need to fite fire with fire!

(Cindy borrows her wife's cell phone and pretends to call someone).
    "Hey, Bubba, yeah me and the misses r down getting our nails done. Is the big card game still on tonite? The chief of police WILL be there? Great! We won't get busted again! Hey, U won't believe these 2 old gay farts that came in next to us! One old boy must have a thing for me as he keeps lookin' and starin'! Come pick us up in about 20, ok? U can meet them then!"
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-04-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I hear him say on the phone: you oughta see this guy getting his toes painted red. I guess he's got some sugar in his tank.
    Wow...this guy is a real prize winner. Was this his way of calling you a queer or what? You could have said..hey bud...how tall are you? When he said how tall, you could have said..."damn, I didn't know sh-t could be stacked that high".

You were so strong for doing the right thing, I have dealt with those problems when in male mode because of my "metroness".
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I've gotten many pedicures (with painted toenails of course,) and only once had any friction. As I was leaving, a lady getting a manicure started lecturing me on how I was sinful and needed to find Jesus. I pretty much laughed it off.

I would say in your case, the guy felt emasculated because a younger guy was outwardly comfortable with himself in a place that is awkward. Perhaps his comment was loud so that his wife could overhear it; maybe she had suggested he get a pedicure too instead of sit there waiting... "No way! Those are for girls!!"
    Samantha

As much as we would like to pound his bigoted head soft restraint is the proper response. There is absolutely no reason to escalate the situation. Whenever we go out dressed or in makeup or with painted nails we may receive unwelcome comments, we should be able to go on with our lives without over reacting to some Bozo making a rude comment.

Silver Member
    It's not ladylike to punch somebody in the nose, but sometimes it feels good to do it--for about 10 seconds until his wife calls the cops
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I would like to think if that had happened to me, I would have turned to my wife and said loudly enough for him to hear, "This reminds me of what Mark Twain once said about some people, 'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    Life's a dance you learn as you go
    Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
    Don't worry 'bout what you don't know
    Life's a dance you learn as you go

When I was in high school, there was this guy who went around calling people "fag" all the time. It seemed like whenever there was the slightest reason or opportunity, he would call someone a fag.

I saw this guy at a local grocery store years later. He was with another guy, and it was very clear that the two of them were "fags".

Usually, the stronger the criticism, the greater the insecurity.

Betcha that old man joined the navy back in his day so he could be around the boys, but he never told the world the truth about it, nor his wife.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I am confused by all the anger. This guy was definitely rude for speaking out loud, but what was his insult? First he says "you should see this guy getting a pedicure". That could be a dig or just explaining to someone not present, there is a guy getting a pedicure. There is really no need to point it out but most people find us to be a curiosity at the very least which makes us seem worth pointing out. They should be more discrete about it though. As for the "sugar in his tank" comment, maybe I'm missing something. Once again it is not necessary but quite original - to me. I think it is funny and harmless. Don't we all have a sweet side? I am not justifying this guy's words one bit, I just see it from a lighter perspective. For all the comments I've heard over the years, this one is close to the bottom of the scale. If there is a deeper meaning, please tell me.