Thread: Pierced belly button

Live like u where dieing TexasAmber's Avatar

Pierced belly button

I got mine done two years ago and think it's very sexy. Was wondering how many of you have yours done and what you think of it. I know I was a mess walking in to get mine pierced by a sex dark haired mid twenties women but by the time I was leaving I was comfortable and told her why I got it done. It was alot of fun in the end.

Hi Amber

I also had my belly button done a little more than two years ago. I'm really happy with the result and with the jewelry I've collected. I really like the dangely ones because the tickle.
    ColleenW

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Guessing mine was done about 5 years ago. Feels like I've had it forever. Rarely think of it. Nice to have. Glad to have it. Has lost it's excitement. Rarely change the jewelry. Took over a year to fully heal. Not sure what else to say. Get it done right at a professional shop. Ask others where to go in your area. Follow the cleansing rules and you will have no problem.

Gen

I pierced mine 3 or 4 years or so ago. I play basketball weekly, but was extremely, extremely careful with it, covering it with protective wraps, etc. I even had a flat head ring for athletics. But still, about 8 or 9 months into it, on the eve of having healed completely, I took a rough hit to the belly, and that was that. It was a very sad moment having to give it up. In the mean time, my daughter turned of age where we rough and tumble play. When she out grows me and our physical playtime, as sad as that will be, I will re-pierce it in all likelihood.

I haven't done it, but I have thought about it. My wife says no to getting my ears pierced, so my bellybutton would at least be easier to hide while in male mode. The downside is that I have a very physically active job.

Anna

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I got my naval pierced about 3-1/2 months ago. It's still healing and did get slightly infected a few times. My biggest problem with it is that I keep catching it or keep bumping it on something. When I do a lot of heavy lifting or outside or dirty work I put a big band-aid over it to help protect it.

My piercing is a "Screwbidoo" bar and I've got many inserts for it (Google it for more info). I like the feel of the dangly inserts, just like dangly earrings!

I've had both ears pierced about 5 years now. I don't wear earrings every day. I can go a week or so without anything in the holes and they don't even start to close up.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by debbeelee1 View Post
    I got my naval pierced about 3-1/2 months ago. It's still healing and did get slightly infected a few times. My biggest problem with it is that I keep catching it or keep bumping it on something. When I do a lot of heavy lifting or outside or dirty work I put a big band-aid over it to help protect it.

My piercing is a "Screwbidoo" bar and I've got many inserts for it (Google it for more info). I like the feel of the dangly inserts, just like dangly earrings!

I've had both ears pierced about 5 years now. I don't wear earrings every day. I can go a week or so without anything in the holes and they don't even start to close up.
    Thought about having it done but as Anne2345 says, if you are active, and I am, I suspect I would rip it out or something stupid so I held off. I do wear a nice gold toe ring however.

I do not grasp the so-called beauty of piercings, buttons, rings, or those big nobs in ear holes, and tatoos. It is gross. I have seen many pretty girls who have metal in their cheeks, tongue, eylids, and I hate to think where else. Some have "grafitited their bodies" like a back alley wall. There is a woman down the street, and when I saw her my first thought was, "You used to have to pay to get into the tent to see something like that"! Real gross. Best left to the Borneo headhunters and the cannibals in the Papua New Guinea highlands.

I've had mine done for...almost 3 years. (?) It took over a year to heal...kept getting knocks and hung on things. It was a love/hate relationship for a while. But, I'n glad I have it because it makes me think of my friend every time I see it. It kind of represents one of my naive moments. I got it done at some sketchy tattoo parlor by a bald guy with a beard in his 50s. He looked like he was part of Hells Angels. My friend and I had barely walked into the room when I had jumped on the table, lifted up my shirt, and said, "Okay! Do me first!"

It motivates me to keep I shape too. My SO and I were watching TV last night and I said, "Does everyone turn into a fat a$$ in their 40s?" Every couple was grossly overweight, so we made a pact never to be fat spouses. Lol.

But, also, my belly button ring kind of motivates that too. It doesn't look good unless you have a flat stomach.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I'm really motivated to get this. It's sexy and no one will see it until I want them too.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    I had my right nipple done some years back. I would wear a horseshoe most of the time. I was working with some cages one afternoon when it became caught and now I have a split nipple on one side.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I love mine...got a naval ring with diamond chips on it..and a beautiful London blue topaz. Also gotta tongue ring for oral cl*t and one nipple piercing...simple gold ring. Probly get the other one done too...it's an Amazing feeling! Wna geta tatt next. Can't decide what yet...or where. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    I do not grasp the so-called beauty of piercings, buttons, rings, or those big nobs in ear holes, and tatoos. It is gross. I have seen many pretty girls who have metal in their cheeks, tongue, eylids, and I hate to think where else. Some have "grafitited their bodies" like a back alley wall. There is a woman down the street, and when I saw her my first thought was, "You used to have to pay to get into the tent to see something like that"! Real gross. Best left to the Borneo headhunters and the cannibals in the Papua New Guinea highlands.
    I agree with you. It isn't my style or more likely, not my generation's style.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    Congrats on the piercing. I'm a tad bit envious - until I lose some weight, there would be little point in having mine pierced.

I've had mine done twice, and both times, it grew out after a few months. My piercer won't do it again and has decided my navel just isn't suitable for a ring. However, she suggested that I might try having the bottom done next time -- an "inverse" navel piercing. I haven't tried that yet because I've gotten into corsetry more heavily the last year or so and it doesn't seem to me that corset wearing and a healing navel piercing are too likely to be compatible. I have a couple of lovely pieces of jewelry, including a lovely gold piece with pretty dark pink stones, ready to go if I do it again.

I do have many other piercings and this one migrating out is kind of the rare exception for me; I haven't had that problem with any of the others.

- Diane

Wondering what gauge of jewellery was used with Diane's piercing?

Most piercers use a 14 gauge which is way too fine.

I suggest a 10 gauge curved barbell for the piercing until it heals. 10 gauge is more resistant to being ripped or growing out. Can always change to a finer gauge decorative piece of either 12 or 14 gauge after the healing is complete. Healing can easily take over a year for a navel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]