Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are habits going to be your undoing?

Gold Member

Are habits going to be your undoing?

I sometimes look at things that I do as Sue and have similar actions as him and wonder where I might slip up. The one I think of the most is signing my name at the end of an email. I am waiting for the day that I sign one of his as Sue (especially at work). I have signed some of Sue's with his name which just becomes a good laugh.

So what habit do you think will crossover and embarrass you or make you laugh?

Sue (not him)

I'm more worried about the reverse habits. I still have a hard time with 'her' and 'she' when I'm in a group of CD girls. I slip quite a bit with 'him' and 'he' and am afraid I'm going to offend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For me, my "crossover" habit is my smooth, epilated body. I have been asked about it a couple of times by friends, but thanks to the advice of forum sisters such as Eryn (thank you Eryn ), I own it . . . . But if I accidently signed documents at work as "Anne," that would be problematic, and most definitely embarrassing . . . .

My habits don't change when I change my clothes.... Except for spitting. I try real hard not to spit out the window of the truck enfemme but sometimes I forget. And I don't get embarrassed any more... especially after falling flat on my face when entering the ice rink.... Left my skate guards on... Both teams gave me a standing ovation!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-04-2012 at 11:16 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Sue, I almost made a huge mistake last week. My Google email account and my Google+ music account are combined. I have a GG friend that wanted pictures of me enfemme. I almost hit share instead of send. That would have outed me to hundreds of friends and acquaintances! Right now only 2 people know.

It would have been disastrous. In fact I think I'll delete the Google+ account now that I'm thinking of it.

Sue! Are you the one Johnny Cash sung about!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    What I have to watch out for is cross-forwarding -- being active in one identity and going to send an article or link to someone associated with the other identity. At the time, I know they aren't connected to my identity at the time (that's why I would want to forward), but I tend to forget that the forwarded information will show up "from" that identity rather than the other.

Then there is the technical forum I frequent. With my high profile there, people start to presume upon my good will, thinking that I "owe" them an answer. I do maintain my boundaries, with various degrees of grumpiness, such as by telling them that I need my sleep too. But when the time they expect me to give up on them happens to have something to do with my dressing or TG nature, sometimes I have to catch myself from saying (for example), that I am busy searching for my nail-polish remover.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I resemble your remark, Sue! Because it's quick and easy, I sign my online messages with my CD initials, "RS".

Coincidentally, I have a similar nickname from my high school days. So, to my old friends that call me that, I sign mail to them with my nickname initials, "RL". If I confuse the initials, everyone will just assume it's a typo!

Where I can get in trouble is by putting a, XO, next to my initials to my old guy friends! OOPS!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Sue! Are you the one Johnny Cash sung about!
    He can only get me to wear all black when it is a LBD!

Platinum Member
    I'm lucky - my name is Kim, so I don't have to worry about slipping up on that. Otherwise, I suppose that certain mannerisms may betray me - I was always told that I threw like a girl. I can't throw any other way!

I have all my email accounts come into my Outlook mailbox. I once sent an email to a male friend of 30 plus years from my Kaz account... he asked...!!!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Easy solution Sue, set up an auto-signature on your work account, it works every time!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Platinum Member
    Hi Sue, That's why I aways proof read everything before I hit the send key.

Orchid

Has not happend yet, but came close two days ago. Went shopping with a 16 year old granddaughter. She is the only one in my entire extended familky that does not know. Saw several blouses, dresses and shoes that I wanted to try on and maybe buy. It was tought. Have no problems being seperate on internet, except once when someone from this site tried to friend me on facebook. Had several inquires from business friends wanting to know what was up.

Was at a doctors office waiting room and the NA called for a Jannette and I stood up to go in and immediately sat down. Tried to act like this happens all the time. Oh yes their were other patients.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    My problem is not remebering what email account I'm signed on before sending somebody an ad or remark in my feminine email account whenI should have sent in my male account.
    Only happen once so far and that was to an woman I used to date.

Oh! that damn raspberry cordial, it's an acne treatment I am trying, I have been working with lacquer paint, sunburn treatment and a lot of other excuses due to staining and persistent use of makeup. You do forget sometimes. Eye shadow is difficult to expalin.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have two hotmail accounts. For Barbie I set the background to pink. The other is default at blue. But even so, I can easily forget which one I'm on, while concentrating on the message itself.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

hiya Sue,

My first rule of keeping separate identities is to keep them totally separate, lol. I do not let them crossover in any way. For an “expert”, one can connected to the other simply by your writing style, definitely by posting similar reference issues in both identity locations.

“Signatures” are dangerous in many ways. They become “automatic” in your mind and it is easy to switch one for the other, only to realize the mistake after it is too late to fix.

Back in the days when I was responsible…I was a corporate branch manager. I had to sign off on every single invoice that passed through the branch each day. I started using my initials to expedite the process. Before long, everybody just referred to me by my initials. Now most of the people that know me probably could not tell you what my real name is (first or last, lol). I do not even respond to my real name anymore if somebody uses it to address me, . Comes in handy in many ways…

I never “sign” a name to any online correspondence. Particularly not a post on a forum. If you do, the posts will all show up in a Google search. If you do not…it won’t. Try “Googling” your signature…

No “crossover” bloopers for me… so far…but I am more careful than most with such issues.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I outed myself on my guy FB page......lots of funny comments, and no friends lost.
    I filtered out all my co-workers, and those who are in my line of work. Got promoted in a major way too! I don't want to lose my job, or stain my professional reputation. Gossip works like wildfire.
    I go both ways gender-wise, it's a place I strive constantly to perfect. I don't even see myself as a crossdresser any more, I'm more about being one gender or the other. Until I decide whether to stay on one team, I make sure one gender doesn't takover or dominate the other. I've been at this for three years, and so far so good, I am happy, but I always worry that such a thing could morph into something else ten years down the road..

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    hiya Sue,

...For an “expert”, one can connected to the other simply by your writing style...
    It's amazing how that works out, even when the person is not looking for the connection.

Years ago, I did just that on Compuserve. I frequented two different areas, one of which was private and did not show names (other than first name & last initial). The user id's were shown (numeric only). After switching from the private area to the public area I spotted a post that was written in the same style, prose, & word choice of a user in the other area. I have to say that I got curious and copied down the id numbers. A quick check in the private section showed the match by user id, as I thought that it would. I now knew the moderators full name...

So this can & does happen, even when someone isn't looking for it. But I'd be willing to bet that it's pretty rare.

That said, until today nothing was ever said to anyone about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_88 View Post
    It's amazing how that works out, even when the person is not looking for the connection.

... But I'd be willing to bet that it's pretty rare.
    FYI...
    The technique is called Forensic Stylometry (authorship recognition) which is usually accomplished by using AI (artificial intelligence) interfaces. Yes, there are methods to defeat or fool it. Just looking at the terminology is enough to convince you that regardless of which side of this issue you are on...it is not a game for amateurs. It is still a bit controversial in the intelligence/data mining communities.

But it really is amazing what an observant person can learn just by paying attention to details, isn't it?

Last edited by eluuzion; 01-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My habits don't change when I change my clothes.... Except for spitting. I try real hard not to spit out the window of the truck enfemme but sometimes I forget. And I don't get embarrassed any more... especially after falling flat on my face when entering the ice rink.... Left my skate guards on... Both teams gave me a standing ovation!!
    Ah, Karren....trust you to find a new way of 'breaking the ice' at gatherings!!
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

I recently wrote an email that should have been signed en femme as I was writing as a woman, I made the mistake of signing it in my male name and got one strange response back. I've been worried about the reverse error, as that would be more serious, and indeed as one other person here has suggested, I usually to sign both male and female emails with a single letter "H".

I have on occasion done a global search non my work sent email for the word "Hannah" just to check and so far I have not made that error, but I'd not be surprised if it happenned any day.

H

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Easy solution Sue, set up an auto-signature on your work account, it works every time!
    I need to go back and look at this one. I have it set up for new emails, but not replies. And then there is the Crackberry.....