Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Ok my little punk rocker, industrialist, whatever lol. Do you remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvOHT0zfXY
    Omg I loved 80s hair even in the goth genre!
    Is yearning
    To get out

Banned Read only
    Oh yes Sandra!! I love Sisters Of Mercy!!

Quote Originally Posted by SandraAbsent View Post
    Ok my little punk rocker, industrialist, whatever lol. Do you remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvOHT0zfXY
    Omg I loved 80s hair even in the goth genre!

Last One I swear, but this is my favorite all time girl song!
    Is yearning
    To get out

Banned Read only
    Sandra,

I had Bjork's "Oh So Quiet " as our intro song in my wedding!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Thanks Julia... Great help! I need to keep my focus! But I still have Bonnie Raitt in my head! I need to get hard and dark!
    You need to keep Bonnie Raitt in your head, she is excellent. If you like her, you also need to check out Susan Tedeschi. The Blues is where everything else came from.

blue october ,muse,coldplay ......i enjoy calming music

Way to go girls... what excellent taste in music! Garbage... I was so into them and have to admit I haven't listened for ages... androgeny is brill... but... 'the trick is to keep breathing' and 'you look so fine' from Version 2.0 (my fave album of theirs) for me are classics too! Bonnie Raitt will always be in my head... I am in love with this woman! Bjork? awesome... and Sistors of Mercy... etc... thanks girls...! Just been invigorated (does that sound rude?)....! Might be finding my girl/rock head... but need to play AC/DC... different animal! Whole lot of Rosie!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Aspiring Member
    I'm showing my age, but Bob Dylan,Muddy Waters and Johnny Winters does it for me!!

I love Sarah McLachlan ................ http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

i play too, but have never had this happen to me. i write pretty the same either way.

apologies if i'm re-iterating something already said, but girl country... you need to investigate how darn right f*cked up some of the lyrical content of trad country is. dolly, loretta, tammy et al, all had songs - admittedly, partially co-written with the male of the species - that went into Hank Williams/George Jones/Lefty Frizell/Johnny Cash territory of lost my car/dog wife/truck/cheated on/cheated death blah blah etc etc.

that became rock'n'roll. that became prog. that became punk. that became etc etc. a heartfelt emotion brilliantly executed lyrically (perfect example, "Careless Whisper" by George Ugh Michael) is still right, no matter what the musical backing.

and it's quite awesome to see Cabaret Voltaire and Throbbing Gristle name checked anywhere, let alone on a CD board!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Lita Ford for me she is just bad ass.

Classical, especially played by the great Cleveland Orchestra or Apollo's Fire.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    As a male I'm a classical violinist, what is usually called an "accomplished amateur" although I certainly do play gigs for cash .

We wondered how Tina was going to fit into all of this obesession I have with classical music, and it turns out she has taken the "classical" answer: she really enjoys playing the harpsicord! For those of you who don't know, the harpsicord is a precursor of the piano where the strings are plucked, not struck as in the piano. The harpsicord was often considered the "feminine" instrument and was often found in the female "quarters".

The mind is really an amazing thing, and finding out how my mind is split between its feminine and masculine sections is just fascinating!!!

Kaz, I think you should seriously consider proposing your band to cover this song:

^ ^
    [SIZE="1"](Big Business also made a great version of that song --> here)[/SIZE]

and to help girl/rock your world, here's a quick top of my fave girls in metal <3
    [SIZE="1"]click the name to listen to a song on youtube[/SIZE]
    Witch Mountain -- classic stoner/doom firmly rooted in blues... calling all jams! Uta Plotkin's voice is pretty amazing.
    The Gathering -- dutch as Shocking Blue ^ ^ I listen to this band a lot. compositions and lyrics are so great. plus Anneke's voice is just. so. perfect. I was happy to see her live last year and I cried my heart out when she sang the song I linked :x
    Battle of Mice -- Julie Christmas' vocals are as deep and insane. their only album is as awesome as difficult -- as in hard, heavy, depressive music. but it's worth the trip sometimes. this was a one-off project; also check out her other band, Made out of Babies -- way heavier, on the post-hardcore side. she also released a solo album last year, which included this wonderful ballad (aptly called "secrets all man keep")
    Worm Ouroboros -- atmospheric and touching, in the same vein of The Gathering, but with added doom and gloom topping. a basic trio, but with double (clean, beautiful) vocals by guitarrist Lorraine Rath and bassist Jessica Way
    Landmine Marathon -- grindcore featuring the voice of Grace Perry, the most beautiful woman to ever do death growls. watch their live footage: she's insane on stage. but the sweetest person out of there.
    Grayceon -- one of the best things that happened to metal in the last years... is a progressive power trio with a cello? oh, you bet. Jackie Perez-Gratz also plays on Giant Squid and Amber Asylum. <3
    iwrestledabearonce -- "hipster deathcore" is not exactly my cup of tea, but I'll admit this band as a guilty pleasure. Krysta Cameron is not only cute, I love her growls!
    Kylesa -- power sludge with two drummers and a gorgeous blonde? win.
    Galmet -- all-girl cute-japanese power metal. need to say more?

...did I just wrote all this? yeah, I usually get carried away on this subject :x hope something there catch your ears! ^ ^
    [SIZE="1"]It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly. — Virginia Woolf[/SIZE]

I love listening to female singers, so much more so than male singers. I often dream of being that Sherrie Austin or Sunny Sweeney or Shania Twain...to dream of being female singing songs of the heart that are deep, feminine, meaningful. And do it wearing a dress.
    Thankful for crossdressers.com, great people here have helped me realize who I really am on the inside. (formerly michelle1)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Diemonds are fronted by a great singer too.
    Check out Take on the night on You tube.
    I couldn't get it to load here.DUH!
    Last edited by Tracii G; 01-09-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Louise Post and Nina Gordon of Veruca Salt, and a few songs off Nina's first solo album.

Although somewhat outside of my "generation" I have always been a big fan of the Pet Shop Boys. Once, a female friend of mine commented that I "really listen to some gay music." Funny, I just thought they were good.

When you let your feminine side out for a breath of fresh air, you sometimes discover that you allow yourself to enjoy something that might not fit well with your masculine stereotype. That is entirely okay.

But for me, they've all been one and the same.

Love the Pet Shop Boys. Also love artists such as Heather Nova, Fiona Apple, Natalie Merchant. But I also listen to "metal" ... yet most of my favorite metal bands have female singers!

Examples: Within Temptation - Nightwish - Echoes of Eternity

C'est la vie!
    Last edited by darci.c; 01-09-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Well I like classical music these days, but I wouldn't consider that particularly girly, I mean how girly was Hannibal Lecter. Anyway to me gender specific music is more about music and dance. I wouldn't headbang in girly mode, and I wouldn't Lambada in guy mode (well actually I wouldn't do either now, but I'm talking about my youth). There is a place where dance and music slip over into girly heaven, that is ballet. And you haven't lived as a girly girl until you've worn a tutu, the quintessence of girly girlishness. .
    L’imagination au pouvoir!

Platinum Member
    OK, my roots go back pretty deep, and my favorite female singers include Linda Rohnstadt, Emmy Lou, and Bonnie Rait. But somewhere in the mid-late 90's I just stopped caring about popular music. I'm not sure what happened. Guess I just couldn't relate to the stuff my girls were listening to - Brittney etc.

This thread reminds me of this movie for some reason:

In the end, the two undercover cops that happen to be males end up kind of liking the "girlie" song.

Even though it's a pretty dramatized car scene, I can't say that I haven't been there doing something similar with my girlfriends to some stereotypical "girl" song.

But, I just really wonder about gender-influenced music. "Guy" music versus "girl" music. Isn't there just music that we like, or that speaks to us in some way? Or, is it that while you are crossdressed you are able to listen to music that you would otherwise get made fun of because it is not "masculine" enough?

In other words, do you Actually LIKE the music...or, are you just liking it because it's about being a girl?
    Last edited by Shananigans; 01-09-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Thanks Girls... some great leads (for me at least). Isn't it brilliant finding new bands/musical genres that you think are ace?

Kim, Bonnie Raitt may done some pop but she is a blues rocker! When I hear her playing slide guitar I melt!

Shanna's that is a girly song!

They all are great and yes I love classical too... my music tastes don't really change with dressing... let's face it... I just love music! Well... there is some that I don't... but there you go!

Just for Suzie... 10 days away... I will be playing AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Cream, Led Zeppelin, ZZ Top, etc.. and shredding my 73 Les Paul! Will the rock-chick burst loose?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Platinum Member
    Kaz, I have to admit to being pretty eclectic in my tastes. I love Patsy Cline but also love Sarah McLaughlin. Of course Bonnie Rait, regardless of whether she's doing the slide or something more ballady. My favorite of her's is still probably Nick of Time, closely followed by Angel of Montgomery and I Can't Make You Love Me... And then, there's the other gender..,Beatles, Eagles, and Steely Dan are tops for me.