Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Musical Tastes and the Femme Side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Musical Tastes and the Femme Side

OK...

I know this may be me saying I am a retard (no offence to retards... if I am one I am now part of their community... and I shall embrace it!)... but... I am a muso.. ok serious guitar player... and I have always hated girly American Country music. OK I did cover some Shania Twain, and Emmylou, and that sort of thing but preferred Bonnie Raitt (blues girl)... great slide guitar playing!

But recently when dressed I have these songs going on in my head and I am thinking...WHAT! And they are what I would say are female songs... things I would have never have entertained before are now in my head!

Has this happened to others? I have a rehearsal with my hard rock band tomorrow... I need to stay grounded!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Banned Read only
    Not for me.

I'm still deeply influenced by very dark industrial as well as progressive jazz and classical.

Velvet Acid Christ, Cabaret Voltaire, Nurse With Wound, Current 93, Throbbing Gristle, NON

Julia
    Last edited by Julia_in_Pa; 01-06-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Thanks Julia... Great help! I need to keep my focus! But I still have Bonnie Raitt in my head! I need to get hard and dark!
    Kaz xx

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Thanks Julia... Great help! I need to keep my focus! But I still have Bonnie Raitt in my head! I need to get hard and dark!
    You need to keep Bonnie Raitt in your head, she is excellent. If you like her, you also need to check out Susan Tedeschi. The Blues is where everything else came from.

I would say dressing sort of opened me up to some new music I never would have listened to. Mainly Lady Gaga and Madonna. I guess it sort of had to do with the fact as a guy I wouldn't necessarily keep up to date with fashion or pop culture in general, but I would follow sub culture. I really like Lady Gaga and Madonna, probably becasue I like alot of other dance so I'm not really surprised I got into them. But really I'll listen to whatever suits my mood when dressed. Industrial, Techno, Ambient, Classical, Pop, Rock, Goth, you name it.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Well Kaz, I don't play an instrument, but if your thread is also aimed at whether we have different tastes because we are crossdressers, and do we listen to different music while dressed, or perhaps lean more towards a certain kind of music....then, no - my musical tastes have always been sort of 'female' oriented. By that I mean, I like a lot of stuff with female vocalists and I much prefer bands or singers that are female. I listen to the same types of music whether in drab or when dressed.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar
    Ok my little punk rocker, industrialist, whatever lol. Do you remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvOHT0zfXY
    Omg I loved 80s hair even in the goth genre!
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Banned Read only
    Oh yes Sandra!! I love Sisters Of Mercy!!

Quote Originally Posted by SandraAbsent View Post
    Ok my little punk rocker, industrialist, whatever lol. Do you remember this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvOHT0zfXY
    Omg I loved 80s hair even in the goth genre!

Princess in the making SandraAbsent's Avatar

Last One I swear, but this is my favorite all time girl song!
    Life inside the music box ain't easy
    The malots hit the gears are always turning
    And everyone inside the mechanism
    Is yearning
    To get out

http://sandra-absent.blogspot.com

Banned Read only
    So far I have noticed no difference. Old school punk. 999, Blowholes, Stiff Little Fingers to name a few. Some new punk, Rancid and Greenday. Dropkick Murphys, Pogues. Acid jazz, bosa nova, some jazz, and meditation music. My musical tatses are all over the place, I know what I like when I hear it, and that doesn't change when I dress.

Classic Rock, does not matter who what when where, always have been a classic rock fan and always will be. Just give me some Pink Floyd and I am all set.

Banned Read only
    Oh My God Kaz!!!

Go quickly to You tube and type in Nurse With Wound 1138 and listen to the song "Words For The Dying"

This should remedy the situation.

Or NON with the song Total War.

Let me know!
    Last edited by Julia_in_Pa; 01-06-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Come to Dallas sometime. We have a wonderful CD band 'CHIX'
    http://www.chix-rock.com/chix/
    I know this is a shameless plug, but I have nothing to do with them, just a fan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Sandra,

I had Bjork's "Oh So Quiet " as our intro song in my wedding!

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    Oh My God Kaz!!!

Go quickly to You tube and type in Nurse With Wound 1138 and listen to the song "Words For The Dying"

This should remedy the situation.

Or NON with the song Total War.

Let me know!
    Thanks Julia... I may be getting back on track! Although a bit at the other end of the spectrum-ish!

This band are mainstream biker-rock so it is AC/DC, Lizzy etc... but they seem to want to do it harder... The drummer is really into Pantera! The bass player is AC/DC... I just do guitar and sing!
    Kaz xx

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Thanks Julia... I may be getting back on track! Although a bit at the other end of the spectrum-ish!

This band are mainstream biker-rock so it is AC/DC, Lizzy etc... but they seem to want to do it harder... The drummer is really into Pantera! The bass player is AC/DC... I just do guitar and sing!
    This may be a bit far on the hard rock side but try Jack off Jill, Scarling, and Kittie. Jack off Jill is kind of Like an all female version of Marilyn Manson. Kittie is closer to a Pantera.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    ZZTop. Tom Petty. Bob Segar maybe the Eagles now and then.... but the country music thing just don't do a thing for me, unless I wanna pipe in the exhaust fumes on the truck and take a permanent nap.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Mays View Post
    ZZTop. Tom Petty. Bob Segar maybe the Eagles now and then.... but the country music thing just don't do a thing for me, unless I wanna pipe in the exhaust fumes on the truck and take a permanent nap.
    Probably not a popular opinion, but one I share.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some of the female country artists I like include: Shania (who is Canadian), Cheyl Wright, Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift. I also like Lady Gaga and Beyonce.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Mays View Post
    So we do Tush and La Grange! I get to have fun!

Kaz... just looking for some tush! Another band I am in are doing Roadhouse Blues (Doors)... same idea!
    Kaz xx

blue october ,muse,coldplay ......i enjoy calming music

Way to go girls... what excellent taste in music! Garbage... I was so into them and have to admit I haven't listened for ages... androgeny is brill... but... 'the trick is to keep breathing' and 'you look so fine' from Version 2.0 (my fave album of theirs) for me are classics too! Bonnie Raitt will always be in my head... I am in love with this woman! Bjork? awesome... and Sistors of Mercy... etc... thanks girls...! Just been invigorated (does that sound rude?)....! Might be finding my girl/rock head... but need to play AC/DC... different animal! Whole lot of Rosie!
    Kaz xx

Aspiring Member
    I'm showing my age, but Bob Dylan,Muddy Waters and Johnny Winters does it for me!!

Banned Read only
    Leyna,

A guy I knew in high school almost got his ass kicked by Joan Jett at a concert.
    Last edited by moondog; 01-22-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    I'm weird in that my musical tastes don't really change whether or not I'm dressed. Here's what's usually on my playlist....

Metal:
    Opeth, Death, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Atheist, Cynic, Decrepit Birth, Suffocation, Exhumed, Decapitated, and Obituary. Basically it's a lot of old school death metal.

Punk:
    Ramones, Sex Pistols, Misfits (Freakin LOVE misfits!!!), Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, and of course my favorite local punk band The Morticians.. They're basically like the misfits...

Blues:
    For me it's ALL about Stevie Ray Vaughan. I like Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters too...

Classical:
    Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven, and Paganinni.

Shred:
    Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Guthie Govan, and Paul Gilbert

Prog:
    Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Symphony X, and Rush

I try to keep it diverse, but I mainly listen to the metal and punk genre.
    When I'm femmed out, I'm tolerant of pop stuff like Pink and Christina Aguilera, even though I won't go out of my way to listen to it, but in guy mode I start wanting to smash my head into a wall when it gets put on. I get that way in either mode whenever anyone puts on rap that isn't 2pac.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.