Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just clothes ?

just clothes ?

I have heard many ,many times this it is just clothes. After all the years that I have been out it is much more than just clothes it is a PASSION . What do some of you think ?
    Gale

To me it is an expression of a part of my personality. I have known about this side of me since I was a child, even though I didn't want to admit it. I am past the destructive guilt, and am trying to figure out how my life will be restructured around the real me.

Anna

Clothes complete the look...but how we feel on the inside makes it special.

I wish that I could put my feelings into the proper words. I do know that I love being dressed enfemme.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    It's not about the clothes for me, anymore, it's become something...deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by moondog View Post
    It's not about the clothes for me, anymore, it's become something...deeper.
    It goes much deeper for me also. I really want to be seen as a woman. A girl can dream can't she ?
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For me, it really isn't about the cloths, it's about who I am, the cloths just help the outside match the inside.
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Yeah.... They are just clothes.... but they are not "our" clothes!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I suppose they are just clothes but I love this type of clothing. Since I can remember I always remember feeling like and wanting to be a girl. Through my childhood wearing girl's clothes never entered my mind although I often found myself in them due to various reasons. It was the result of two aunts and my mother. Just as a joke I wore a colonial type dress to school for Halloween. After Halloween while talking to some girls they told me that I didn't really know what wearing a dress was like because I wore pants under that dress. So I tried wering that dress sans pants when I was home alone. I guess I must of reported that to some of those girls and once again I was challenged to try it again wearing girl's underwear. When alone at home again I tried what the girls told me to do. It went from there to trying on modern day clothes. So I tried some modern day clothes. By now I was curious. Soon after I tried a girdle and a tight skirt. ZIP!!!! ZAP!!!! ZOOP!!!! I was astonished at how those clothes felt and I was hooked into being a CDer from that point on. Finally I had a connection to my fem self. I never again talked to anyone about dressing up until I was forced to when I was fifteen after I was caught.

Platinum Member
    No, its not just the clothes for me....but I do need the clothes to express the person I am....even if its an illusion!

Nothing important, just clothes.
    Nothing important, just makeup.
    Nothing important, just a wig.
    Nothing important, just heels.
    Nothing important, just oxygen.

In the early stages it was just the clothes but it has morph into a full presentation.
    Don't get me wrong I still love the clothes, the heels and the makeup. but it is all the process of transforming something masculine into something not so masculine. It is really hard to explain...But i am sure it is the same but different for everyone.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

how can we all be girlfriends if its only clothes?

I have to agree with the previous posts saying that the clothes are only part of the complete look. For me i like to look in the mirror and see a woman looking back a me, so i need the wig, make up, shoes and body hair removed to achieve that.
    Katie

What I think Rexy is that it's the person who makes the clothes and not vice versa.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn B View Post
    For me, it really isn't about the cloths, it's about who I am, the cloths just help the outside match the inside.
    Bingo!!

But the clothing and accessories sure are nice too :-)
    Andrea
    One body, two spirits

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001834525065
    Feel free to send me a FaceBook friend request.

Everything is not what it seems
    When you can get all you wanted in your wildest dreams
    You might run into trouble if you go to extremes
    Because everything is not what it seems

Yes it is a passion, a yearning that is not just about the clothes. Yet the clothes is definitely so important to me. I can be in the most drab clothes and feel feminine, but when dressed and all made up it makes me fell wonderful and more complete.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCD1963 View Post
    Bingo!!

But the clothing and accessories sure are nice too :-)
    Especially the shoes
    Running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there, just like the army, except for the talking squirrels.

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dianacd22 View Post
    Clothes complete the look...but how we feel on the inside makes it special.

Everyone is different but here are my thoughts

If there were no clothing would you feel all; male or any different than you do now?

If tomorrow men's clothing looked just like women's but still said "Men's" on the tag would you start wearing them?

Why is cotton (or whatever material) in a woman's blouse any different than in a man's shirt?

When you take off those panties ( I just HAD to say that word here) you a different person? Stronger? Weaker?

If someone dresses like Superman can they fly faster than a speeding bullet?

It is just clothing when you come down to it. If you feel feminine then you can do that in jeans (sorry Karren) and a T-shirt. You can do that in flats not heels. It is who you are. The clothing is just a big flashy billboard. It is how you get noticed (or notice yourself if you are still in the closet). It is what is in your mind and in your heart. All the labels as to who can wear what is all set up in people's minds. There is no reason a dress is female except some moron years ago decided it should be and people bought it. Practicality aside (which was an excellent argument women could use when they decided it is just clothes) it is a bit of cloth. It does not make you anything more or less than you are anyway.

Are the clothes important to you being a TG? Then I would say it is a fetish more than anything else. If you can sit at your desk in a three piece suit, tie and oxford shoes and still think of yourself as pretty, then it is who you are.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    Its all about perspective. My wife always says, "It's just clothes.". And for her it's true. For me, it is much more than clothes and I wish I could articulate exactly what but how does one describe the indescribable?

Inside job i agree....

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Yeah.... They are just clothes.... but they are not "our" clothes!!
    Sorry Karren have to disagree the women's style clothes are all mine bought and paid for.

Hugs J-JAY
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I sure as heck wouldn't be xdressing if it wasn't for the clothes..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Clothes are only the beginning. For, as many of us grow and start to go out, it becomes how we present ourselves when out and how it makes us feel inside.

I have to agree with you girlfriend. After all the years I spent in the closet, dressing at every opportunity, it couldn't be anything but a passion. The pretty clothes make the experience enjoyable, but the passion to dress comes from within.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land