Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Musical Tastes and the Femme Side

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Kaz, I THOT this thread was going to be about music! See, music only requires 2 things. A melody and to NOT hurt your ears! Which eliminates MOST country and western singers! ALL rap! And, any singer that can't hold a note for longer than a split second!

My gosh! Beethoven must be rolling over in his grave! Oh yeah, the Beatles sang about that didn't they?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Classic Rock, does not matter who what when where, always have been a classic rock fan and always will be. Just give me some Pink Floyd and I am all set.

I would say dressing sort of opened me up to some new music I never would have listened to. Mainly Lady Gaga and Madonna. I guess it sort of had to do with the fact as a guy I wouldn't necessarily keep up to date with fashion or pop culture in general, but I would follow sub culture. I really like Lady Gaga and Madonna, probably becasue I like alot of other dance so I'm not really surprised I got into them. But really I'll listen to whatever suits my mood when dressed. Industrial, Techno, Ambient, Classical, Pop, Rock, Goth, you name it.

Banned Read only
    So far I have noticed no difference. Old school punk. 999, Blowholes, Stiff Little Fingers to name a few. Some new punk, Rancid and Greenday. Dropkick Murphys, Pogues. Acid jazz, bosa nova, some jazz, and meditation music. My musical tatses are all over the place, I know what I like when I hear it, and that doesn't change when I dress.

Two words:

Joan.Jett.

My god I so want to be her when I grow up. And one of these days, I will go out in my femme punk rocker outfit to a karaoke bar to belt out "I Hate Myself for Loving You." It's on my bucket list.

(And yes, alcohol will probably be involved. Just not so much that I don't remember it.)
    I am not who you think I am

I'm not into country music. But for the past year have really been into the female singers of today. Lady Gaga, katy perry to name two. My taste had always been for the 70's rock. Boston, foriener,Pink floyd, The cars. My wife use to make fun of me that I wouldn't know the new music out there. Now I only listen to this music and she can't stand it and now she listens to country or what I call the oldies now the 80's music. I like the 80's music as well but I think I prefer todays music a little more.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Wink His and Her Music

Since I've learned about this "other person" inside of me, I've began taking inventory about who is into what. Music has always been a huge part of my life. My iPod literally has music spanning 10 decades. And I've played keyboards for almost 50 years. Another 50 years of practice and I'll have it down.

But after giving it some thought, I have been able to distinguish between her music and his. She plays classical, jazz and blues on the piano, and is pretty accomplished at it. He can't dance. When my wife and I try to dance we end up in a fist fight. Bouncers have to break us up, it's embarrassing. She loves traditional jazz from the 20's and 30's. He likes hokey instrumental tunes from the 60's….”Theme to the Match Game”, “Baby Elephant Walk”, “Summer Samba”. She has started listening to Chill Out Lounge Music. He has listened to classic rock since it was just called......rock.

I have always found it interesting that when people list their musical preferences, more times than not, it comes down to a discussion about country music. I have actually heard people say "I love all kinds of music. I mean, I listen to both kinds….country and western".

Check out Artie Shaw’s arrangement of "Begin the Beguine" sometime. Or Dave Brubeck's "Take Five". Or Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue”. Then there’s Phoenix’s "1901". And she just can’t help cranking up Ke$ha’s “Blow” anytime it comes on the radio.

And don't get me started with Lady Gaga, the most fabulous cross dresser since......Elton John. I admire the hell out of her. Incredible voice, does her own music, is wild and crazy on and off stage, dances around without any clothes on. I mean that hasn't ever been done before.....well, not more than one or two thousand times in the last hundred years......but still. And the best part about her.......she doesn't look like Elton John!

Banned Read only
    Leyna,

A guy I knew in high school almost got his ass kicked by Joan Jett at a concert.
    Last edited by moondog; 01-22-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

a beautiful metalhead JessicaM1985's Avatar
    I'm weird in that my musical tastes don't really change whether or not I'm dressed. Here's what's usually on my playlist....

Metal:
    Opeth, Death, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Atheist, Cynic, Decrepit Birth, Suffocation, Exhumed, Decapitated, and Obituary. Basically it's a lot of old school death metal.

Punk:
    Ramones, Sex Pistols, Misfits (Freakin LOVE misfits!!!), Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, and of course my favorite local punk band The Morticians.. They're basically like the misfits...

Blues:
    For me it's ALL about Stevie Ray Vaughan. I like Eric Clapton and Muddy Waters too...

Classical:
    Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven, and Paganinni.

Shred:
    Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Guthie Govan, and Paul Gilbert

Prog:
    Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Symphony X, and Rush

I try to keep it diverse, but I mainly listen to the metal and punk genre.
    When I'm femmed out, I'm tolerant of pop stuff like Pink and Christina Aguilera, even though I won't go out of my way to listen to it, but in guy mode I start wanting to smash my head into a wall when it gets put on. I get that way in either mode whenever anyone puts on rap that isn't 2pac.
    "To deny our impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human...." - Mouse from The Matrix
    Love me or hate me, I will always be myself.

I'm just the kind of gal that likes death metal, beer, and "dad" jokes. Oh and I build computers and play PC games.

Well since I don't like country music, I listen to the classic rock and roll, ZZtop, CCR,Johnny Rivers, Eagles,steppenwolf,Edgar Winters.
    I love being a girl

Banned Read only
    Lets not forget Wumpscut with Die In Winter and Wreath Of Barbs.

Julia

Anyone else into Celtic music, Step Dancing, and Highland Dancing? Chieftains, Tannehill Weavers? Nothing better to really burn off the calories than ten minutes trying to keep up with The White Cockade.

When I'm en femme I prefer listening to stuff like Rihanna, Shakira...sexy dance music, I guess. Not so much when I'm not en femme, but when I'm dressed up that type of music makes me feel sexier.