Thread: What a WONDERFUL DAY!

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar

Smile What a WONDERFUL DAY!

Hi All!

Since going to a New Years Eve party /sleep over, I have been sleeping most of the week with very little activity. My chronic fatigue was in overdrive, today I was able to get out and visit with my friend Deidre for coffee and widow shopping. It was a nice day here in Minn. with temp in the 40's for a Jan. day, instead of the normal below zero temps. Got a green t-top at JC Penny's for $4.50, then we got lunch and headed for Savers which is a thrift store. Found a nice red satin night gown w/wrap, a very nice dress black floral elastic top dress, and a fushia, purple and brown Chemise all for $16 what finds. I tried on close for the first time at the store which was fun, but difficult do to me wearing a corset. LOL! We had a Great time talking and looking at clothes which made the day so Great.

Last Wednesday I saw my psychiatrist who took my other doctors place when he took a leave of absents to deal with his cancer and passed away recently. Thought my progress on becoming the woman I know I am has helped my depression and anxiety scores a lot. Instead of very high scores they are more middle of the road now. He is also very proud of me for all the steps I have taken and how I can be open and honest with people about me being transgender.

On Sunday I am going to try to make it up to the city for brunch at IHOP with Deidre ans several other ladies.

Hugs
    Trisha

Hi Trisha I hope you can make it on Sunday it's aways on fun time ,and I hope to finally meet you. Stephiny

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    The jokes about "widow shopping" are so tempting... Where's the icon for slapping myself on the wrist?

Say, my depression and anxiety must be down too, or I wouldn't be able to come up with those bad jokes.

Banned Read only
    Trisha,

It's wonderful to read about these fantastic things that are happening in your life.
    Step back for a moment and just look at what's happening and be proud of what your doing and what you have done. :O)

Julia

Trish I have to admit you had me worried there for a while. Nice to see all those posts about how things have turned around for you. You deserve a better life.

Well truth be told, anyone who has chosen to live anywhere above 40 degrees latitude north needs to be seeing a psychiatrist irrespective of being trans or not.

Nevertheless, I am glad you got out and about. When window shopping were you looking for single, double, or triple pane? (lol)

Just call Me: "W - O - M - A - N"

As King said: "I'm free at last, I'm free at last.
    Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!"

Quote Originally Posted by Traci Elizabeth View Post
    Well truth be told, anyone who has chosen to live anywhere above 40 degrees latitude north needs to be seeing a psychiatrist irrespective of being trans or not.
    Being a Minnesota woman myself I'd love to argue this point....unfortunately I agree with it completely

Tricia. I'm happy to to see how well everything seems to be progressing for you. Keep moving forward, it's worth it.
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Hope you have a great lunch Trisha. I always have fun getting together with the girls.

The weather has also been great this year here in Minnesota. Even so it is above 40 degrees latitude.

Kristy

Quote Originally Posted by Longing2be-Trisha View Post
    Hi All!

Last Wednesday I saw my psychiatrist who took my other doctors place when he took a leave of absents to deal with his cancer and passed away recently. Thought my progress on becoming the woman I know I am has helped my depression and anxiety scores a lot. Instead of very high scores they are more middle of the road now. He is also very proud of me for all the steps I have taken and how I can be open and honest with people about me being transgender.

On Sunday I am going to try to make it up to the city for brunch at IHOP with Deidre ans several other ladies.

Hugs
    This sounds like wonderful progress indeed. Depression and anxiety is something I think we all go through at some point, even those of us who are not considering transition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Aspiring Member
    First I want to thank Trisha for visiting Friday. I had a great time "widow" shopping.

Sandra-Leigh consider this a virtrol slap on the wrist. You will be forgiven . We do have a sense of humor in the "frigid" north.

Traci- I agree with Pam and you about living in Minnesotah. I am scheduled to have my head examined next month on why I live here.

As Stephiny said we hope to see you on Sunday brunch.
    Diane Elizabeth

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deidre E View Post
    We do have a sense of humor in the "frigid" north.
    Lady, you are a Southerner to me! 50N is half a mile outside our city limits. You are 8 (driving) hours south-east of us.

Trisha thanks for the uplifting update!
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!