Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I went ahead and did it!

Well I went ahead and did it!

I WALKED OUT MY DOOR!!! I was dressing all night having a nice girl’s night in like I usually do. Lately There has been this little voice in my head that says “just do it! Just walk out the door! You have to do it NOW!”. About a month ago I got to the door and turned around. Not tonight!!! Earlier in the day I went to Walmart for my groceries and was feeling the urge to shop for a few things for Patti (me, I hate using the third person, but you know what I mean). I have only ever bought one or two things in a store in my life so I was pushing my comfort level. I got a pair of leggings, a lipstick and a new eye shadow palate. It was a great feeling. Tonight I rented a movie and went through my routine to get ready (like I was going out to a club of course). I wore my new leggings and my new eye shadow and lipstick. I dressed to the nines with all of my accessories. I watched my movie, and when it was over that little voice in my head started up. You’re all dressed up GO OUT!! I figured I could jump in my car and just drive around a bit. I put on a big wool coat to cover up a bit and not look so obvious. I turned off all of the lights in my apartment and sat at the window for about 10 minutes just looking out for any movement. Of course my neighbor came out and jumped in her car and drove off. I took this as a good sign. Surely no one else would come out now, right? I live in an apartment complex with a private entrance that leads out to the parking lot. It’s about 20 yards to my car, but the lot is very well lit and all of the units face the lot. I went to my door and listened. When I heard nothing, I opened it. I peeked out, and after about a minute of heart pounding silence, I did it. I walked outside into the night air. My heels made a noise I had never heard before. High heels on concrete. What a thrill!!! For me, that was the best part, the walk to my car out in a public space for the first time ever. I made it without incident. Once in the car I did see my one neighbor look out his window at me, but I was in my car with the headlights on so I’m sure he didn’t see me. I drove off in total bliss. This was it, what I have wanted to do for EVER! I was out! I drove around for just a short time and really couldn’t think of anywhere to go. After a bit I decided to drive back home. Now getting back in my apartment would present more of a challenge. People are often outside smoking or walking dogs. I decided to park directly in front of my door instead of in the back where I usually do. Big mistake. To do this I put myself right in front of my other neighbor’s windows. Sure enough, their shades were up. Just as I was opening my door and steping out, we made eye contact. He looked out to see who was paring in front of his unit, ahhhhhh! I played it cool and made a beeline for my door. He knows my car so I know he is wandering what is going on. Either he thinks I’m a crossdresser (oh well) or some chick was driving my car and parking it where I don’t normally park. The truth is, I don’t really care. That’s the place I am right now. Let him think what he wants. I am a crossdresser, and now I’m one who has ventured outside!!! I feel great! I want to go out again! Thanks for reading  this really has been a great day for me. One that I really needed. Here is to more great days ahead. xx Patti.
    I took a few pics tonight I’ll attach. The one in the coat just before I walked outside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ummm...yeah...what Shania said.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/57310119@N04/

patti,
    A lovely story and a fabulous looking lady.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Patti you are way too pretty to be stuck in the house! Congrats!

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Well you look GREAT Patti! Do you feel better now Patti that you went out of the house all dressed up? It is a GREAT feeling to to move forward and be yourself!

Hugs
    Trisha

Such a nice story. The first time is always the most challenging and you'll find that each subsequent time gets a bit easier. Your pictures are great and there is no reason for you not to go out anytime you want!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Yippee! A pretty girl like you should get out more. You look terrific.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Patti, congratulations! You look too wonderful to be cooped up at home. I say that and I've yet to venture out myself. I don't have the courage yet, but I'm glad you did!

I had my first experience with going out en femme this last week as well! I have definitely experienced everything you mentioned to include "who gives a damn what others think" attitude! I love having my nails painted but I usually go out of my way to hide them even though people see them but after my time out, I don't care who sees them.

Congrats on your first time out!

Good for you Patti. Baby steps will still get you to your destination. What was that song in A Year Without a Santa Claus - "put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking at the door." I look forward to hearing about your next escapade.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

congratulations,
    those first steps on concrete really are the loudest sound on earth.

You look fantastic! You should go right back out and go to wal-mart and buy yourself a reward!

Oh my goodness. I truly have tears in my eyes right now. Thank you for your kind words. I feel like the butterfly who has emerged from her cocoon! I really feel like I have made a tremendous leap forward in my life! Thanks again!

You look fabulous! You have nothing to fear. Next time, don't rent the movie, go to the theater. You will love it, I promise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Great story. And I bet your neighbors were more jealous than anything. That you had such a nice looking lady coming over for a visit. Little did they know, just how much she maybe visiting from now on!!

You addicted now sister, Tanya

thanks for sharing... I liked your story a lot, I'm so proud of you, it must have been a great feeling
    your pictures are awesome... I'm sure the neighbor thought a hot girl was driving your car...

Similar thing happened to me once with a neighbor... a few days later she came to talk to me and tell me that she saw my sister driving my car... and silly me told her that my sister was not around, and then she said "oh...." and figured it out, so then she asked if it was me and I just smiled back and so did she and the secret was out...for the better...

I hope you have many more similar wonderful moments coming up soon!

Cheers!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patti1569 View Post
    (me, I hate using the third person, but you know what I mean)
    Quote Originally Posted by patti1569 View Post
    I walked outside into the night air. My heels made a noise I had never heard before. High heels on concrete. What a thrill!!!
    Hi Patti,
    I loved reading your post. I've been dressing and going outside for a few years now but your post "took me right back" I too have never liked referring to myself in the third person and the sound of one's heels on concrete for the first time IS really thrilling. I'm so glad you took this "step across the threshold" ... and regarding your neighbors, don't worry, if they are anything like my neighbors .. well they see this "woman" going out with my wife all the time and surely they must know that there is only one female who lives in our house! LOL. Whatever will be will be ... no laws are being broken - right? .. oh .. and your pics ..... really cute! I'm sure people thought you were female!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 01-07-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Great story. Reminds me of my timid beginnings. In a way, once in a while, I wish I could go back in time to experience it all over again. Exhilarating.

Hi Patti, well done! I know your feelings so well having been there myself! You look great in your pics!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    The feeling of going out will get better, you did good. Nice story too. If your apartment is that close to the parking lot, you might consider something other than heels to walk out to the car.
    Dana Ryan

Aspiring Member
    Your experience sounds similar to my first & only time out & if you're anything like me, you'll be longing for more of the same

so patti just want to say that i believe there is no reason for you to be nervous,you are one pretty girl,also love the heels

wow Patti, you look sensational and i am so impressed with you for haveing the courage to step through the door ,like i said wow ,dont look back and gee i bet the neighbour says you better tell your friend to park in your normall spot lolxx. stay safe and congrats you look super and love your makeup ,great bye ..luv jacqui xx
    ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF:

Patti! A pertty lady like you belongs outside for the whole world to see! So just DO IT and enjoy! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Thanks again everyone!! Your kind words and encouragement are the icing on the cake for this AMAZING experience.

Such a beautiful and fun story. I have been out driving while dressed and that was thrilling to say the least. I don't have the courage yet to do it again. But i am going shopping with another xd and she is going dressed. So maybe in the future that will give me some courage.

Cassy