Thread: Corset

Corset

Planing to go out and buy a new corset but I don't know anything about sizes, I am about 5' 8" 150lbs waist is 29-30, I am trying to make it my wait smaller and look sexier, also tring to buy unexpensive underwear that will NOT chafe when I tuck HELP, thanks Bella

Here's a size chart... http://www.legavenue.com/en/size-charts

I'm a 31" waiste and cnich mine to 27" and wear a large

I so love my Glamour Boutique corset - GER005 - http://www.glamourboutique.com/ger005corset.aspx

I would spend aout $100 minimum... PM me and I's send you some of my personal info. To not chafe jus wear a camisole underneath it....
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

http://www.shapercorset.com/

Also has a size chart that you can find with the link at the bottom of the page. I have two corsets I bought from here and had great service and quality both times.

Don't worry about sizes, have it fitted. Make sure its made of coutil and not demin under the fashion fabric. Coutil doesn't stretch. make sure it has a waist tape.
    Ask them if it's white boning or spiral boning. White boning is steel strips coated in vinyl and bends one way (the best) spiral boning is wound and flattened wire it bends
    in both ways and is more comfortable, but less shaping. some makers use a combination of the two. If its plastic boning avoid it.
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 01-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda-E View Post
    Don't worry about sizes, have it fitted. Make sure its made of coutil and not demin under the fashion fabric. Coutil doesn't stretch. make sure it has a waist tape.
    Ask them if it's white boning or spiral boning. White boning is steel strips coated in vinyl and bends one way (the best) spiral boning is wound and flattened wire it bends
    in both ways and is more comfortable, but less shaping. some makers use a combination of the two. If its plastic boning avoid it.
    I agree with Miranda, find someone to make you a corset. I suppose, depending where you live this might be difficult. But the fit will be better. The female body is shaped differently (big news right) than ours, so whoever makes you a corset will compensate for the differences.

There is a lady in the Seattle area that has offered classes on making your own corset. You would need access to a sewing machine and some sewing skills. She has taught these seminars at conferences on the west coast before.
    Dana Ryan

Loove how much fun you seem to have taking your pics, just checked out your Flickr acct and got to say it takes a real woman to go out in public, good for you, and thanks for the tips, about the camisole I defenetly need more of an idea on hot to do it (please) Hugs. Bella

Love the website and LOVE your name, how did your come up with it, having second toughts about "Bella" it felt like it fit at first but now after begining to know all of you girls with your exotic names (and Looks) I am begining to doubt mine, what do you think?

Very informative sounds like you really know your stuff Thanks.

Thanks Dana, kind of getting the idea tha I am in over my head, you girls really seem to know what you are doing, me, I'm a novice trying to stay above water, wish me luck and Thanks

Silver Member
    You can also try a special liner that many corsetiers carry, it is a spandex bathing suit type sheath that goes under the corset to absorb moisturize and prevent chafing etc.

Thanks Vickie, but I am kind of embarass to admit the chafing..is in my privates when I tuck, not used to it still, trying to do my best, thanks Bella

Karren I just realize the chafing I was talking about is not in my torso is where I tuck my...well you know, sorry for the confusion, Bella

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavaldez View Post
    Thanks Dana, kind of getting the idea tha I am in over my head, you girls really seem to know what you are doing, me, I'm a novice trying to stay above water, wish me luck and Thanks
    Don't worry about staying above water, we all go under sometimes. What is cool about corsets, is if you have some extra flesh, you can squeeze it into a better looking body.

I have a corset that I used to use, but seems to have shrunk or is it I have put on a couple of extra pounds. Either way I'm trying to lose some weight and have thought about getting back into a corset. I'll probably try to make my own next time.
    Dana Ryan

Miranda is quite right. Like all womens clothing the size charts don't mean squat as one 34 is a 32 or a 36 on someone elses. Get it fitted if you want to enjoy it the way it way meant to enjoy. Good luck. Might as well pick up an epilator the same day.

I go with Karen on this one. I have 2 of those same corsets from Glamour Boutique - a very good value. And (usually....) for this level of corsetting, the measuring works out to be fairly accurate...4 inches is a good number to use...in other words...if you are a 36 waist, get a size 32 corset. Again, don't buy an inexpensive corset from ebay or Fredericks of Hollywood - they are cheaply made and use plastic for boning, which offers no real value in doing what you bought the corset for...to give you that girlish figure!

Its best to buy a corset made to measure Its well the extra cost involved"Axfords" sell a corset especially for males for males "off the rack" But again made to measure is the better. Axfords are on line Look them up

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Maguire View Post
    Its best to buy a corset made to measure Its well the extra cost involved"Axfords" sell a corset especially for males for males "off the rack" But again made to measure is the better. Axfords are on line Look them up
    My philosophy is I don't want something to fit my male body. I want my body to fit the corset! The shape of an off the shelf good one is the shape I want and over time my body I conforming!

.......My Photos

Silver Member
    The problem is that there are differences in a male and female torso that can't be changed, like the length of the torso and the ribcage. A custom corset, or at least one made for a male torso worn on a male torso will be more comfortable and possibly more effective at waist reduction as well.

I agree with most of the posters on this one girl. I started out with cheap waist cinchers and all of them didn't pass the sneeze test. That is when you are all wrapped up in one and then sneeze, if it poppes a rivet or buckle, it made too cheaply. Definately, spend the extra $$ and get a good one. If you order on line make sure that you understand their return policy. I've picked up a couple from Corset story and had great experiences.... I tried an overbust one and ended up not liking the way it squished my breasts so I stick with underbust ones.

Steel boned is the only way to go... Don't forget to learn the doorknob trick...

Renne.....

I highly recommend Desert Orchids bespoke (custom) corsets. This is my third and best custom corset. I agree with needing coutil and a waist tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    The problem is that there are differences in a male and female torso that can't be changed, like the length of the torso and the ribcage. A custom corset, or at least one made for a male torso worn on a male torso will be more comfortable and possibly more effective at waist reduction as well.
    Over a year of tight lacing and my rib cage (measured unde the breasts) has shrunk from 38" to 35"... So over time it can be changed...

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Over a year of tight lacing and my rib cage (measured unde the breasts) has shrunk from 38" to 35"... So over time it can be changed...
    Like Karren, I've never bought anything but "off the rack" corsets, Bella. I have 6 or 7. And, have found that over time, often the CORSETS will actually form to MY FIGURE!

My size is similar to yours. I weight 150, too. Many larger girls like custom corsets. But, start with an inexpensive one and see how well u like it. I also have a Glamour Boutique corset. Simple, basic, well made, economical. Start with a size 26 or 25 if they make it. Some companies only make even sizes!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!