Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you told your SO about this site?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar

Have you told your SO about this site?

This is a question for the group of us that have a reasonably supportive SO. Do you tell her about what you have been reading on this site? Do you tell her about what you have been sharing? Is she curious about others on this site? Is she on this site also?

My SO is supportive and knows about my communications. She does ask from time to time about what the general chatter is about. She know that this site has been a source of encouragement to me, but at this time has no interest in participating herself.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

My spouse, Mimi, is a member here. We often discuss the material posted here, with the exception of that posted in gender-restricted forums.

We have found this to be a great way to open discussions about our relationship and gender issues.
    Last edited by Eryn; 01-09-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added "found"
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    Yes, I have told her and she has even taken some email from wives who needed a female viewpoint. She really has no interest in viewing the site as she knows the answer to "why" is not understood by anyone.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I have told my wife. She does not like to do much on the computer, but with this issue, and her need to talk to more people, I am hopeful she will let me act on her expressed desire to join, and get her on here. She is going through a rough patch, and although she supports me in everything, she has resolved that she will never be happy with the changes. She really needs to talk to other wives here.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I share things about this site with my wife all of the time. She doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in joining. She had what I think was a bad experience at a IFGE event, with other wives. There was a seminar that she attended, and after that I don't think she ever attended another one. I realize that everyone has issues, but sometimes other people have a different viewpoint than yours.

One of the things about this community, there is such a diverse group of people here, it is all over the map. So if you take away the crossdressing, many of us would have nothing to talk about. Not that we would sit around and talk around crossdressing.
    Dana Ryan

She knows about me, but disapproves. I forgot to erase my tracks, and my wife found out about this site. She checks my surfing history every morning before I get up. I don't bother to hide hardly anything these days. She insists I get off (offline) if she sees me online here when she is awake, otherwise no problem. Next day she usually sees the subject line of all the posts I click on. Strange reading at times. I have seldom been able to get her to read anything on here.

Yes Gillian, my wife knows about the site and has no issues with it, or me. She has no worries since we talk about everything.

Yes, my wife knows about this site. She has seen me posting on it and has no issues with me being on here. She knows the support I find here. We sometimes talk about some of the posts here. In fact, not long ago, I printed a post from here that helped her to understand my issues a little better. She doesn't have an intrest in joining this site at this time however.

I do want to thank all the good people here, you have helped me and my wife.

AnitaH

My wife joined a week or so ago. she would like to be able to talk with other spouses but still doesn't have access to the private GG forum.

My wife is tolerant but by no means would ever think about this site. I have found it encouraging and positive and used the tools here to come out to her, but for her it is still a taboo subject.

Mines not interested in anything to do with CDing. She doesnt want to know although I think it may help here, but for now the site is for me and only me (ohh yeah and you guys too...)

I let my wife read my first few post. And I have offered to let her read my posts when ever see wants. I am very lucky, she supports me but I think I'm making her a little nervous sense I've been here. I told her that she was more than welcome to join that they had a place for so to chat but I don't think she is ready at this time.

My wife knows about this site, and about my dressing. However I don't think, she has any intention right now of joining. Though she would find lots of info to help her understand.

My SO is aware of my presence on here, but does not get curious about it. She just said as long as I don't leave her for a more accepting GG, we are all good.

Aspiring Member
    My Wife knows about my belonging to this site,but shows zero interest in using it herself. She doesn't mind my reading it,but sometime chhastizes me if I spend too much time on this site (or any other).

She laughingly says I only need one thing to make me a better woman....Her!

Daniellle

Platinum Member
    Yes. She's interested in what we discuss, but just doesn't seem to be interested in spending more time on the computer! She started a Facebook page and used it maybe twice before abandoning it.

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Yes I did tell my wife about this site a long time ago and she even has a membership. Sadly she could not take it and quit posting after only 8 posts. If she still visits this site she is not logging in because it has been a good year and a half since her last log in.
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

My wife knows I visit here. She's has sometimes looked over my shoulder while I was reading a post. I tried to get her to register a while back, but she said she had too many other forums she was a part of. We rarely talk about what goes on here, but I often apply the lessons I learn in how CDing fits with our relationship (especially all of the great insights the GGs give us).

I tell my wife all of the time what is being discussed on this forum. Since she totally hates using a computer, she has no desire to join the FAB section. Despite this, she is interested in what's happening. Every once in a while, a forum member will present a helpful tip. When I in turn share it with her, she always expresses a degree of amazement at the knew found knowledge.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

I told my wife about the site and even gave her the link but to my knowledge she has not visited the site yet.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if she found out, but for me, this site is much of my support system, and I am not sure I could feel as relaxed about being here if I knew she had read everything that's here.

What a coincidence i just showed my wife the site yesterday i think she wants to check out some of the forums, she still is very supportive

I've tried to get my wife to join, she doesn't seem too interested. I think she's worried the GG's section will just be a bunch of women bitching about their S.O.'s dressing.

My wife is a member here, she goes by "GlitterGG", although she has not been very active here, she does have the ability to come and see what's going on. Being a supportive and understanding wife, she participates in my dressing in many ways, this site is just another way.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

No not yet, I just joined and have not brought it up to her yet