Thread: Reactions from kids

Reactions from kids

Recently made a new GG friend who has three kiddos ranging from 13 to 5. I've gone to visit a couple of times, and have been amazed how....well non chalant they are about me being dressed. All they really care about is that fact that I'm nice to them and being willing to play/laugh/joke with them, regardless of clothes . That and the oldest one thinks me liking makeup and heels is the greatest thing ever lol. I'm not The first trans person the older two have seen, but I cannot help but laugh at how well all three....take it in stride, while most adults have a fit!

Hi,

Laughing away here. yeap its cool kids are more accepting & as to clothes oh ya oh well & then on to play, try haveing 9 grand kids, gets better,

enjoy your time with them,

...noeleena,,,

Love your story! Those kids must have a great mother! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I opened one of my bags that had several pairs of heels on it after mom and the older one had been investigating my makeup kit. The older girl looks in and goes "omg mom, he's my hero".....

Over the years my daughter’s friends, for the most part, have been receptive, well the girl friends anyway. I haven’t had many encounters with boys other than the ones in the neighborhood when I’ve gone out for a walk en femme, and then it’s been more just snickers and curiosity – I have heard any disparaging remarks. My two grandkids, ages five and six, at first were a little curious that Pop-pop was wearing women’s clothes but that subsided quickly and by the third or fourth time they saw me they were fine with me dressed as a woman.

Are all three of your GG’s children girls? I suspect that, with the oldest one anyway, you can make quite a hit if you offer to have a makeup session or take shopping – maybe for a pair of heels, with her Mother’s permission of course. You don’t have to go en femme, which might cause her some embarrassment, but just take out and buy her a pair of shoes or some makeup. If she thinks you are her hero now, think how much of a hero you’ll become if you become her mentor. You, the Mother, and the girls could have sort of a pajama party one evening, dressing up and putting on makeup – all in good taste of course. Many years ago when my oldest, now 33, was in H.S. she had some of her GFs over for the night and I was surprised when she asked me in the afternoon to change into Barbra so only girls would be at the party. All of the girls, except one, were cool with Barbra and the one lone dissenter only made a few comments, like how I had gone out of the natural lip line with my lipstick, etc, nothing really disparaging.

It’s nice that you have found a GG that is cool with your dressing and even nicer that her kids are also cool with it. I’ve found that a number of the women on my block are cool and a number of them would like to go out with Barbra – no not a date but maybe go to Lips for the show.
    Babs

Platinum Member
    I posted earlier about two related experiences: Just the other day I was walking my dogs when I encountered one of my neighbors on the street. She was speaking to a younger woman with three kids in a minivan. She invited me to stop and visit for a minute, and while I did, two of the children (probably ages 6 & 8) got out of the van and asked to pet my dogs. They never paid a moments attention to me - they were entirely focused on the dogs.

And before Christmas, my step daughter invited a friend of hers to the house. He showed up at our back gate while she & I were visiting by the pool. She invited him in and the conversation went on. He never showed any reaction at all to seeing me en femme, even though it was the first time. Later, my step daughter apologized for the surprise, but added that he was cool. I said I was fine with it, so don't apologize.

Point being that kids, of any age, can be pretty accepting or simply don't care how we happen to be dressed. The main thing is to be kind and genuine in your interactions with them.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 01-10-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added a thought