Thread: Does it come down to this?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Does it come down to this?

Reading Anne's post, this thot came to me:

Are there some dressers that r satisfied to just LOOK like females?
    While others need to LIVE and be recognized as females?
    Maybe that's a difference between CDs and TSs?

I have a BALL dressing in whatever look suits my taste at home. LOOKING like the female I choose to mimic! (And, I look female to ME, at least!)

I'll never be mistaken for a female out in public. And, I have NO desire to paint my nails, shave anything, get a makeover, or buy a bra at Macys while dressed!

All I want to do is LOOK female. No desire at present to LIVE like one or BE RECOGNIZED as one out in public!

Is that REALLY WEIRD?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not weird to me. I just think that there are all kinds of CD's from panty wearers, to your style, to stay in the closet and at home, to me who likes to go out all the time, and others who are borderline TS, or may even be TS. I personally am happy dressed either way. When dressed en femme, I want and need to go out and be with others in the real world, and try to blend and pass as best possible recognizing that I will never totally pass. That is the main excitement for me. Now, I paint my nails, am doing facial electrolysis, and epilate most of my body hair. So, maybe I have a a few TS tendencies that I don't want to acknowledge. So far I do not have an identity crisis and hope and pray that I never do.

No, not wierd at all. Here and in the social group that I have been meeting with, I have noticed the exact same thing.
    Some of us are concerned with the appearance, some the inner feeling, some the intense desire to become.
    Strange thing is that I have persieved an inverse attraction to what I would call 'glamor' dressing. Where I am on the strictly appearance side, I always wear a dress or skirt, heels, earings, necklace, bracelets and spend probably an hour on my makeup and hair. Others in the group who talk to me about the joys of HRT, and of how they are transforming at work, home etc. often are dressed more muted. Certianly femine, but more like nice slacks, little or no makeup, nicely done hair, but their own and in conservative style.

Is this just a misconception on my part?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All TSTVs are people and that means each has their own individuality. There is just as much of a spectrum in the way GGs dress as to the way we dress. That is what makes each of us who we are. I wouldn't want it any other way Billie Jean

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    Everyone has their own tastes and preferences. I love wearing dresses or skirts, heels, bra, panties, corsets, nylons or tights, jewelry, doing my nails, and taking my time to do my make-up and hair.

Hugs
    Trisha

To each her own, Sherry.

I love the clothes and the dressing up, but I also love living as a woman. I'm not full-time, probably more than half-time and I'm out to nearly all of my friends. I belong to several women's groups where I am known and accepted, and I'm also seldom if ever read out in the world. I am blessed with the ability to travel and to enjoy living as, and interacting as, a woman. Like in the song, "I adore being a girl."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I am one of the ones who needs to live presenting more on the female side all the time.

There is not much effective "choice" about it, in the sense that not acting on my gender identity was making me physically ill, at an unconscious level. "I'm sick, sick these days. Hmmm, maybe I'll dress today. [Later] Say, I'm feeling much better now; I wonder why?" Lather, Rinse, Repeat until I connected the dots.

Now, the first years, cross-dressing was fun and exciting and deliciously taboo, but what I didn't realize until later was that even when I was having fun, I was more preparing myself to be TG. For example, wearing bras to work has been termed foolish or reckless at times on this site, and maybe it was some of that in my case, but it was also something I needed at the time, and it prepared me for my present circumstances where HRT has granted me a modest bust which I do not worry about hiding because I already passed through the self-consciousness and worries about "What if someone notices?" and so on.

I don't see it as weird to recognize that you occupy your own place on the spectrum. I'm more on the out-going end than Sherry, like to shop dressed and be recognized as female in public, but recognize my limitations and don't push them too far.

There is no dividing line between CD and TS and attempting to define one leads to madness.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi,

Every one is different for some like you say you love dressing & thats good , some wont to be more like woman no probs there , some are hard out to live as woman some do quite well & some do the surgery , theres a place for every one.

& i come along & then try to encompase every thing , not going to say it all works never mind , i get a bit of what i need just happen to be a mix of some things & i take the micky as well in what i do, tho its more about acceptance & being different & i have fun along the way.

Is it only about clothes make up & so on may be , is it about looking like a woman its there, liveing as one i think so.
    So whats left, ....being one.....thats were it works for me. cant escape that one,

So i spos being a woman is what i am. oh well thats the way it is.......

...noeleena...

I think there is a huge span of desires in the people on this site. From those that just like panties to those who want to Be Women.
    And you know THAT is what makes it so great !!

It would be a dull world if we were all the same! Now THAT would be weird! Having differences is what makes us who we are! Just enjoy what you are doing! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Sherry, the important thing is finding something in life that you want, need or enjoy. As my neighbor ladys said yesterday, "life is to short, so you should enjoy being yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Maybe that's a difference between CDs and TSs?
    It's never that simple... I'm sure there are some TS's that are satisfied to look like females and some CD's that need to live full time. And there are some TS's that wish they looked like females... And some CD's that are recognized as females whether they like it or not... The permutations are endless!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

It's from the inside to outside...

I believe a ts person and non ts person are different right from the start,
    but we all grow up expressing our inside situation in a similar way...oftentimes learning about ourselves over many years

So no, not weird at all...its just you expressing yourself....

Silver Member
    Relax, doc. You aren't weird at all.

Do you WANT to be weird? You do put in a good deal of effort and expense in your dressing activities, but, duh, so do PLENTY of others on this site.

I vote no. Doc's just another crossdresser. Cripes. Are they coming out of the woodwork? They're everywhere.

S

Well Sherry, I think you found your spot on the TG scale. It's about being comfortable in your own skin.

It really is different for everybody, most of us were "trained" to be male. The TS usually knows at a young age something is wrong with their gender. It can be painful growing up as the wrong sex. It can take many years, or decades before the desire to become a woman they truly are to really hit home. It can be a matter of life and death for some. Not all TS need a sex change or surgeries to finish their lives out like we hear about. The leader of my TG group is TS but lives as a man because of family and her wife. Sometimes HRT is enough to help them get through life (contrary to what some TS say). HRT can relieve the gender dysphoria of a TS.

The fetish CD probably has the easiest time of switching back and forth between indentities. That said there is no one place we are all at.

In my case I always knew I was different, but couldn't put my finger on it. I always felt I was on the outside looking in as a child and a teenager. I crossdressed when I needed too but had all the guilt feelings we know about. My awakening came late in life and hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm dealing with GID currently, I'm obsessed with being female and hoping it will calm down. I've been told I might be TS (I'm not so sure).

Anyways we are what we are on all different places on the scale. Finding where you are takes the pressure off to enjoy your life.
    Last edited by Marleena; 01-10-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Sherry, we are all different and I suppose based on that we are all somewhat weird; which is dependent on what knot hole you are looking through. As long as you are not doing anything wrong or hurting anyone, enjoy life; whatever that is.
    Dana Ryan

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Sherry, there is nothing weird in your thoughts, and if fact I think that it's fantastically important to realize who our feminine selves are and then to enjoy that part of us. The spectrum of possibilities is just huge and it clearly takes time to understand what is possible, and even longer to figure out how we fit into that spectrum. For me, looking like woman is a part of the feedback that allows Tina's transformation to be so complete as all the sensory inputs of sight, feeling, and sound allow my brain to focus on Tina as a separate entity, and then Tina just takes off on her own!

It is fun to enjoy all of the art and science that goes into making our feminine selves!

tina

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Reading Anne's post, this thot came to me:

I have a BALL dressing in whatever look suits my taste at home. LOOKING like the female I choose to mimic! (And, I look female to ME, at least!)
    I'll never be mistaken for a female out in public. And, I have NO desire to paint my nails, shave anything, get a makeover, or buy a bra at Macys while dressed!
    All I want to do is LOOK female. No desire at present to LIVE like one or BE RECOGNIZED as one out in public!

Is that REALLY WEIRD?
    If that's weird, then that makes 2 of us.
    My thoughts are exactly the same as yours - I just like dressing up in sexy clothes and I enjoy doing that in the privacy of my own home.
    I have no desire to live as a female (it's just too much work!) nor go out in public dressed as a female trying to pass as a female.
    I think what makes people like you and I feel like we're in the minority is that I think the more active people in these forums are those that are transgendered and trying to live as female and/or are more "out" with being female and presenting as such in public.
    I would suspect that in reality, the majority of CD'rs are more like us - more closeted and only dressing in the privacy of our own homes.
    But as others have said - to each their own and we should accept that there are various levels of CD activity and there should be room under the tent for all of us.

WEIRD!!!...I don't think so. You enjoying being Sherry...that's all that counts

Me too, Doc. I make up and dress the way I do so that the woman in the mirror is irresistably glamorously beautifully sexy to the man looking in the mirror. She does it for him. [But remember, it's not about being pretty according to current fashion trends. She knows what his brain wants.] I identify and live solidly as a man except when I transform. Of all the ways, through all the senses, that a person can get excited, for me it is overwhelmingly visual. That doesn't mean I don't like the feel, sounds, and scents of crossdressing. I do, but I like the look the most.