Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: have you tried on anything feminine while shopping in public en-drab (not while CD)?

have you tried on anything feminine while shopping in public en-drab (not while CD)?

Well?

public (in this case) means you were able to be seen by others either trying on clothing or taking it to the fitting room.

I'll go first:

I was having a run of bad luck in over-the calf- black boots. Twice the wrong size, returned... so on the 3rd pair (different store- JCP this time) I pulled out the size 10 boot and put it on. It fit well, I bought the boots.

Another time was at a bridal shop- mid-October, of course (supposedly so I could say it was for Halloween), but I went right before closing, and the owner said she could bring in some samples my size the next day. The next day, Carmen (the owner) met me as the store opened, but there were no other customers around so this doesn't necessarily count. One of her employees helped a little but never saw me in the dress. Still the appointment worked out, and although I had told her my "Costume Party" story she knew it was bunk, but was sweetly polite about not 'noticing', and she even seemed to have some fun with it. The 1hr appointment stretched until noon (2 1/2 hours!

Not that exciting, but I tried on (and bought) women's jeans at Walmart. And my wife (who doesn't know about my CD habit) was with me. I wanted jeans that weren't so baggy and after trying on men's jeans, I suggested women's. Even the SA agreed that they looked better on me.

I wear them for "dress up" jeans in "boy" mode. Nobody has made any comments but if they do, my answer will be "They fit better."

I also tried on (and bought) women's shoes at Payless. Two different times at two different stores. I told the SA that they were for a halloween party.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Hi Kristi
    Yes i have several times, my wife and i went to a JCPs out of town and i tried on several items tops girl jeans skirts and a few dresses, i had asked the salesperson if i could try them on and she said i had to use the mens fitting room, which was ok by me. We had a good time in other stores too but i like JCPs and payless shoe stores. I was mostly in drab except for my top and shoes.

I tried on two skirts in the mens dressing room at a J C Penny's store. I never got a second look from anyone. By the way, it was my wifes suggestion that I try them on.

It is sometimes easier to check some things for size without going into a fitting room. So yes I had tried things on in drab and in public.

I have gone many times in male mode shopping for dresses, skirts, etc. I'm honest with the sales associate most of them knowing me when I walk in en feeme or in drab and welcome me with open arms.one of my favorite stores to shop in is bebe.love their clothes. In fact many times the s/a encourage me to wear what I bought right out of the store as they always say it looks cuter than what I was wearing when I walked in. Be honest from the word go and have a ball.

For years, I bought blind, then 11 years ago, I began trying on in drab. It was so easy. Now, I always try on items before buying. I generally shop in women's clothing stores, so I'm using the women's dressing rooms. I've never had aproblem.

SA's are always willing to help, and they actually enjoy helping. This way, I always know that the fit and color are right. This also gives me the chance to discuss with the SA the proper ways to accessorize the outfit.

I also always try on shoes before buying. With the multitude of different fits on women's shoes, this is imperative. Generally, I will have to try on several pairs before I find one with the fit that is right.

IMHO, buying clothing and shoes blind is like peeing money down a dark hole.

Jodi

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    Just last night I tried on some shoes while in drab. I have tried one some things before while dressed but this was a new experience. The sales clerk was very helpful.

I tried on some heels and target one time. Thats about it. I have looked around alot but never really tried on much
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Yes, the store I go to has both sex dressing rooms side by side. I pick what I want and go to the mens dressing room.

Indeed I have, at Dress Barn. I tried on several outfits with the assistance of the store manager. She was very helpful, bringing me blouses and skirts to try on and then step out of the dressing room to let her see how they fit and look for more tops. It was a dream come true.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Been there many times! Tried on skirts, heels, dresses, ladies jeans and even went to a bra fitting once in male mode! Nowadays I 'dress' when I go shopping! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've done it lots of times, but I don't make a big deal out of it. I don't come out of the dressing room and parade in front of the mirror wearing a skirt for example unless the store is empty and the sales associate knows and even likes the idea I'm shopping for me. I must admit it's a rush to have a clerk tell me how pretty my legs are!

I gone to maurices and tired on jeans skirts and dresses. I alwasy went bqack to the same gilr she was great I got used to her and let here see me dressed in what i was trying on she was preatty cool but moved. I have tried on formal dresses at sever diferent storea always let the SA see me. I tryon the lace up dresses a few have laced me up

I have tried on tops and shoes many times. I have tried on coats too. My SO used to like putting lipstick on me but I would always wipe it off
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Yes, that is the usual way I shop anything feminine. Never had any problem.

Mostly just jeans and some slacks, but before one Christmas party a few years ago I needed a pair of shoes to go with my dress. I told my wife and she suggested we go shopping. I just wore pantyhose under my jeans and we went to the store. She found a cute pair in my size and I just slipped off my mules (yes, women's mules) and slipped into the heels for fit. I walked around a little, got some looks and decided I didn't like them so off we went to another store.
    Was fun anyway....love the stares. People really make some strange faces when they see something like that.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I have done it too. The first time or two is a bit nerve wracking, but after that it is fun.

I have a real good womans clothing store in my city. The owner gets me to use the change rooms when I'm shopping there in drab and all the other female customers are right there too. If I put on a dress she will say come out so we can have a look then she gives me some advice. I still feel uneasy but it will get better.

Now this sounds like a dream come true to me

Quote Originally Posted by Prissy Girl View Post
    I have a real good womans clothing store in my city. The owner gets me to use the change rooms when I'm shopping there in drab and all the other female customers are right there too. If I put on a dress she will say come out so we can have a look then she gives me some advice. I still feel uneasy but it will get better.

Every once in a while I'll find something while in drab and just take it to the men's dressing room. One time while shopping at Penneys my wife was going through a rack of dresses and held up a gorgeous turquoise one. It was a size 8 and I wear a 12, but Mimi said "It looks big to me" so we took it to the dressing room and I tried it on. Fit perfect! The size mislabel is probably why it was on the 70% off rack!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have tried on many things in drab at goodwill using the unisex dressing room
    at JCP I just take them to the mens dressing room

I also hold items up to myself to check lenght

at payless I wear nylons under my jeans so I just slip my shoes off and try theirs on

WHO CARES WHAT SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW OR WILL EVER SEE AGAIN THINKS

When I have taken clothes back to the dressing room, I am too busy looking straight ahead, always straight ahead, to notice whether anyone else notices. LOL! But really, what does it matter anyways? Or so I am learning . . . .

Always trying on shoes right there in the shoe isles... And fem jackets... And cardigans. And always holding dresses and skirts up to myself to see how they look.... Before I tke them to the fidding room...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I've tried on women's clothes, while shopping as a male, at least a hundred times. In such stores as Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Express, Cache, Macy's, Dillard's, Juicy Couture, White House/Black Market, Everything But Water, Anthropologie, Nordstrom, Talbots, Bebe, and, yes, Victoria's Secret. Most recently, a charming maternity boutique named "Pickles and Ice Cream."

I have never experienced a single problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Girls like me just wanna be brides...