Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing at Home Around Wife

Depends on my mood, some days it's just a pair of Capri's and top,other days it's all of it,wigs, pads and make up. It's all about what is to be done that day, and how much I feel like going to the bother of dressing completely, it was the wife that first convinced me that I didn't have to wear it all, just as much as made me comfortable, can be enough.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hmmn. Good question for me right now. My wife found Kelli's stash just before Thanksgiving. So she’s still in progress and after reading many SO stories here, kinda taking it easy. But it’s hard. How do I proceed slowly, while not cheapening Kelli? First Since that time she has supported me in keeping shaved and having my toenails painted.
    So for now she has bought me some nice feeling material lounge wear capris, which I wear around the house, as just one of my sweats. Panties for sure. Baby steps for sure. But this has been on my mind a lot lately as she’s still soaking in and I don’t want to push. The things I want to branch out in are more feminine shorts around the house, not to noticeable because my legs are my favorite things to highlight. So that’s it for now I guess.

If she would like to chat with another wife I am more than willing to talk with her.

Thank MrsKali, I will keep that in mind. Thanks

I'm a bit shy to wear makeup around my wife- I usually go a little to heavy. Clear or neutral mascara & lips, a little powder.

We don't "talk" about CD much, but she is okay with it.

She tells me if i look cute in the outfit i am wearing. When I bought my cheer outfit (left) she was surprised that it was a real outfit- not a cheap costume. She compliments me more when I wear decent quality clothes.

When i got my first breastforms (silicone), she was again, amazed at how real they felt.

Sometimes I'll ask her opinion on what to wear that night.

So... she is cool with it, but not particularly enamored.

Not for me. My wife is way more comfortable if I'm not wearing a wig or makeup. Thus I am able to dress anytime I wish.
    DonnaT

Yeah I'm thinking I don't want to rush out and wear full everything. The thing that I am trying to grasp is the mellow dress, of which I don't have too much practice with. Still exploring what mellow means.

On average I dress one day a week around the house. We are both retired and my Wife is a stay at home person so yes I dress in front of my Wife. When I dress it is all or nothing, so makeup, wig, under garments including foundation wear, bra and breast forms. Some days it is just jeans and a top but other days I like to wear pantyhose and a dress, or a skirt and nice top. I always wear jewelry consisting of a woman’s watch, some bangles, earrings, rings, and a necklace(s) of some sort – maybe just a gold chain; and some sort of body scent, usually something light.

At some time during the day I will undoubtedly go outside and there is a very good chance of being seen by one of the neighbors and I want to look presentable. This week I dressed twice; on Monday morning I had an appointment with my Therapist and I wore a skirt and I remained dressed until about 8pm although I changed into jeans in the afternoon because of the chores I wanted to do. Wednesday morning was boring and a little before noon I decided I would change and I went casual with jeans and sandals, no hose, and again I remained dressed en femme until around 8pm. A woman who lives around the corner and down that street came by walking her dog shortly after 7pm and we talked while our dogs played. After she went on her way I took my dog for a walk around the block, the second time since sunset, and then it was about 8pm. Why 8pm? Well it takes awhile to remove the makeup, especially the eye makeup, and the fingernail polish and shower. I don’t sleep en femme, my Wife’s tolerance to my dressing only goes so far.
    Babs

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Yep, the whole she-bang once or twice a week. We both look forward to these session!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    I would usually wear everything, except maybe not do my face. I have long hair, so that is easy. In the warmer times, sandals with painted toes is fairly normal. I might even have on a dress, but usually shorts and a cute top.
    Sounds like the way I am. I don't wear padding outside of forms and I have long hair. So the difference between staying at home and going out is fixing up my hair instead of just brushing it out and putting on my make-up.

At first my wife was accepting, but did not wish to see me dressed at all. Over a couple of years it progressed to my being able to dress when she was home, but she would stay upstairs for the most part. Now it has reached the point where I can be fully dressed in her presence with out fear. I wold like the next step to be dressed all day when she is home and go about normal activities, including fixing dinner and eating together. I think that will happen soon because she has told me she is now fully accepting, without exceptions.

a bit nutty
    I have been in front of her, and no not with the full ensemble. Baby steps.

Aspiring Member
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My wife met and fell in love with the girl first and got the boy as a bonus, so it's never been an issue between us. Once we're in for the night, or the first few hours of the morning, I wear pretty much what I want, which is (IMHO) more the way a GG does: occasion appropriate. I don't have breast forms (several years on hormones, thank you), and my Veronica 2 is for public persuasion. In hot weather (it goes over 100°F here), girl shorts and short skirts, no hose, tank tops or spaghetti-strap tops. This time of year, I just got a couple of turtleneck sweaters at Kohl's ($9 each!) that have become my default, usually with velour lounge pants. Light makeup (powder, blush, lipstick, a little eyeshadow), and usually my hairpiece with my own long hair. A little bling here and there. Perfume.

Pretty much anything more than that is referred to around here as "getting flossy", and I do that when I feel like it (or she hints that it might be fun). Going out depends on the occasion, with a default toward flossy.

Anytime I dress it is all the way.

That does not mean skirt hose and heels all the time. But it does mean wig, makeup and proper under garments. Depending on how long it has been since I dressed it is usually hose and a skirt. But if I have been dressed for a few days or we are cleaning house it will be pants and a nice top.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    really cant be arsed with hip pads,but other than that I'm fully Femme.On the odd ocassion when we get up ill lounge around for a short period in nightie without makeup or wig.But when the kids are about I dont like going wigless or in half measures.The wig and makeup are a must 4 me,only then is Sophie fully here

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It all depends on what i have in mind to do. If i am going to clean or do some house work i will keep it simple but if i am going to have dinner and relax with the wife and have lots of time i will dress to the nine's.

Once a month... fully dressed in my uniform for our Maid service night...

Whenever I dress it's all the way. I have to have makeup and my wig on to complete the look. My girlfriend has seen me fully dressed. She is not totally happy about it but she accepts it and lets me be myself. My hope is as time goes on she will become more comfortable with it though.
    ~~Melissa~~

I go all the way arounnd the house unless its at night watching TV. Then its in some lounge wear. Kids live at home so its hard to do it very often

Confused

I have been dressing for over 20 years always with my SOrs help. I am A large man with full beard sholder length hair. At home 4 to 5 nights A week I dress, bra double breast forms always, T-shirt Tank top silk tops. never a blouse. Sexy sleeping tops. Full legenth dressing gowns. All picked out for me by my SO. Recently she shared she wished I would not dress in front of her, she knew I would continue to dress.
    We have come to enjoy playing, caught almost caught.
    My wife is asleep as I write. I am wearing Black Pumps Black Thigh-high Black Lace bra with Forms, my hair is done, in a full style just as she taught me.
    My answer dressing around the wife at home is unbeleivable, always sexual In a sense really nasty. Its wonerful

I dress at home at least 75% of the time, to varying degrees, and my wife is fine with it. Most often I'll wear a skirt and simple knit top. Sometimes women's pants (or shorts in warmer weather). Ocassionally a dress, but I usually find skirts easier, since I often change to pants to go outside the house. Almost always underdressed - bra with forms, panties, stockings and garter belt. Never makeup or wig - I don't have either one and not interested, since I don't try to pass. I don't have a different persona when dressed. I am the same "Larry" to myself and to my wife whether I am in jeans and flannel shirt or frilly skirt and lace top.

Thanks for all the responses everybody. It seems for most, it's "boy" or "girl", not something in between. I think that's how I would want it if I get to the point where I dress around my wife.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    At home I spend more time my my "girly boy" mode more than anything else, which is girls jeans, tees, cardigans or hoodies with earrings and some eye makeup, but if I am going to dress in something more feminine at home then I always dress "all the way" which will include hip padding and forms, wig full make up etc.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!