Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are hiding your CDing from your kids (teenagers or older)?

How many of you are hiding your CDing from your kids (teenagers or older)?

Just wondering how many of us are hiding this from our kids? I'm in the if they don't suspect, why tell category. Mine don't know unless my ex-wife told them. They have not asked, but they are also in their twenties and married now.

Also, should we be telling them?

Mine are 19 & 22 I haven't told them but I do suspect that they suspect. I almost told my daughter last week but decided to hold off. Kids are real perseptive and pick up on the littlest things. I guess that its better that I choose the time than they find out on their own.

Platinum Member
    I'm partly in and partly out. My two sons were apprised of my abberent behavior by my ex while we were going through the divorce. they seem to have taken it in stride and I have a fine relationship with each of them. I'm out to one of my step daughters, and assume that she's told her sister by now, although she's just too polite to mention it. All are in their mid-late 20's.

21 and 24.... I'm not out to them. The wife wants it that way. And I'm fine with that.. The son is gay and one of the least accepting of others person I know and the daughter may be ok with it but she's had some contact with a few local tg folks and her remarks left me thinking she was less accepting than I had thought. Ohh well.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My 30+ year old daughter's reaction has been very negative and then some.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

If I had children I would just let them find out at the estate sale. Yeah that's it, always good to spring surprises on family when they are vulnerable. (I feel the same as with a spouse, if it is important to you, it is something they should know "just in case" not something they should find out later)

On the other hand I have only told one of my parents and one of my brothers. So the other half of the family will be in for a shock.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

The only people that know about my CDing are on this forum. I would never tell my kids because I don't want to change their image of me. I have the fear of an experience like MsArlene .

My son is 14 and I have not told him, I'm more worried about his friends finding out and razzing him about it at school. I can handle it being an adult, but if I need to stop dressing for the sake of my son, I will. He's my world and I will do whatever I need to protect him.

Jessica

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    My youngest daughter found out about me, after finding a letter that my wife had written to me, when she was 19. After she found the letter, she put two and two together and then called my wife at work to confronted her. Then she called her older sisters and told them. My youngest then went ballistic and did everything to create problems between my wife and I. This happened over ten years ago. My youngest now will talk to me a little about it. My middle daughter has never acknowledged this part of me or spoken to me about it. My oldest daughter attended several Emerald City meetings and a couple of Esprit Conferences with me and my wife; which are all TG events. So three daughters and three different reactions.
    Dana Ryan

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I have 3 grown children, and have not outed myself to them. I've had several close calls, but I think none of them know for sure. My wife does not want anyone to know except herself.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I can not understand why anybody would lay this trip on their kids unless they had to. My wife thinks the same. However diferent strokes for different folks. Ruby

My son (26) doesn't know anything about it. I've been wondering if I should tell him, because I don't like having secrets. But does he really need to know? I've held off telling him because I worry about how that would change his image of me. I feel pretty sure that he would be accepting of it because the two of us have always been very close. But I'm not sure telling him is the right thing to do.

I have 2 boys 16 and 18. They do not know and my wife doesn't want them to know. However my oldest found pictures on me dressed about 4 yrs ago. my wife covered it up as games grown ups play. I think he knows.

Children are 41 and 38 with two grandchildren involved. They never will be told though my wife knows. Interestingly, when the oldest was very young we found several pairs of panty hose in his room. Sound familiar? To our knowledge nothing further has occurred but then people do not know Laura either.
    Laura

My daughters who are currently in college haven't been told. I can't see adding the burden of keeping my secret (I'm not out in my community) to their already full lives. When they are independent we may tell them, but that is in the future.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have 2 ages 20 & 23. The counselor we saw a couple of years ago reccomended against it, since my wife is not accepting much like Karen's it sounds like. So until she agrees the kids remain in the dark.

Banned Read only
    I will never tell my children (all college age). That is a burden they do not need to carry for me

I never volunteer any infromation like this unless, I was pinned in a corner and had to come clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Prissy Girl View Post
    I never volunteer any infromation like this unless, I was pinned in a corner and had to come clean.
    I'm not even sure being pinned in a corner is enough for me. There's always some sort of semi-plausible explanation that offers at least an inkling of cover, but an admission is like the image of a man in ladies clothing, it lasts forever.

My kids are all adults now and I'm an empty nester, but when they were living at home I think they may have suspected because of my being careless. That said, they have never mentioned anything about my dressing since they moved out and none of them come home to visit so I don't deem it necessary to tell them unless I am confronted.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    My kids are all adults now and I'm an empty nester, but when they were living at home I think they may have suspected because of my being careless. That said, they have never mentioned anything about my dressing since they moved out and none of them come home to visit so I don't deem it necessary to tell them unless I am confronted.
    Based on my experiences, most people really DON'T want to know, anyone who does would want to know for all the wrong reasons. I would prefer not to make anyone uncomfortable by telling them.

Most people seem willing to grant me my privacy, even when I might slip up a little on purpose. I don't wear dresses or makeup, but I do push the limits pretty far without getting called on it very often. The gal I was seeing last year never saw me once in men's clothing, and once watched me put a pair of panties back on after we had sex. Sat there in bed and watched me get dressed in broad daylight, but she never even asked about it, or my tanline from wearing bikini bottoms all summer.
    Last edited by girlygirly; 01-12-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There are many aspects of my life I don't believe I should be required to share with offsprings. My transgenderism is one of them.

Tina

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    They don't need to know ... Hell I can't understand this thing myself let alone try to explain it ... My wife knows and enjoys this side of me but that's it ... If I'm ever discovered that will be a different story, but one I'd rather not ever have to tell.

I'm very comfortable in my closet thank you
    Fun loving skirt wearer

My son, 20 and daughter 17, don't need to know and never will, I suspect. There was one time my daughter (then about 11 or 12) caught me dressing for work with only pair of red high cut cotton panties on and stood at the door to the bedroom and yelled "What the?!!!" My wife consoled her telling her they were men's underwear (they were) and I blew the whole episode off. I distinctly remember thinking, 'if I wanna wear pretty, red panties, I'm gonna'. I haven't heard anything about it since, but the red panties mysteriously disappeared.

Great replies! It looks almost unanimous for NOT telling, including Wanda's counselor.