Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of you are hiding your CDing from your kids (teenagers or older)?

Angry yep - yep...hiding....

Marlena...My daughter just entered her 50s, and my son is two years behind. My son (and his family) do not suspect...but my daughter once found my freshly washed lingerie in the dryer...and asked me if I dressed (replied that one of my friends had spilled stuff all over herself when visiting me, and I had lent her some clothing...was washing hers and will send it back)...But I will not let either of them officially know...

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Just wondering how many of us are hiding this from our kids? I'm in the if they don't suspect, why tell category. Mine don't know unless my ex-wife told them. They have not asked, but they are also in their twenties and married now.

Also, should we be telling them?

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Great replies! It looks almost unanimous for NOT telling, including Wanda's counselor.
    Well, perhaps. It really depends on the individual situation. You might remember this thread I started a few months ago...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ter&highlight=

It happened by accident that my daughter questioned why I was buying a pair of women's high-heel black pumps. So, it was something I simply could not explain away, and I didn't try. My daughter is 25, and she and I are extremely close. She was very accepting and it did not cause any awkwardness and uncomfortable feelings between us. Some aspects of it bother her a little bit, and she has a bit of trouble picturing certain aspects of my CDing (like wearing makeup) But she is very supportive and had helped me buy some clothes. She sends me links about makeup and has respected my wishes that she cannot mention this to anyone else.

I think daughters are more accepting, generally than sons. Not the case every time, I know. But that's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
    I just worry if I should die suddenly there will be a lot of feminine clothes in the closet and dresser that will shock the daughter. Too bad there isn't a self destruct button for the clothing in the final minute of life.
    I pondered this for a long time over the years. My daughter is my only family (she's an only child) and I also have no brothers or sisters. She would be the one to go through my closet upon my death, so that's one concern that I no longer have.
    Last edited by Piora; 01-14-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

None of my children, either biological or step, know. Though one did find my stash in the attic many years ago and wondered about it, nothing has been said since. We only have one child left at home, she is 17, and may suspect as I have become a little more open in the last few years. I eventually plan on telling her as I am really a TG rather than a CD, so dressing en femme is becomming a more important part of my life. I am really waiting on things to settle in the relationship with my wife, I expect that we will be seperating sooner or later, for a variety of reasons, before I bring this up with any family members........Stephanie

This post scares me my kids are still young and im not sure what I am or what I will be when they get older

7 (yep you read correct) 4 girls and 3 boys. 41 to 30 year old range and they have known all their lives. no secrets and no big issues from it either. crossdressing or transition

may be strange but thats life in my family. only one who had a problem was my dad and that ended with his death 20 years ago

I have 4 grown children and some grand kids and have not outed myself to them. I've had several close calls, but I think none of them know for sure. I'm keeping it to myself until I go, then they will find out. My late wife (R.I.P.) was not really sure either since I never actually came out to her so I don't think anyone really "knows" about Cindy. I don't think it would be a huge surprise to them though since I often joke about it and just get polite smiles! We have had much tragedy in this large family that I am part of, this is just minor compared to some of the things that have happened in the past...
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Two of my three children know of my dressing. The oldest does not know and is the most conservative. The middle son has seen me dressed and is OK with it. The youngest has said he is TG also.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue