Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of being the man of the house!

Smile Tired of being the man of the house!

The dishwasher breaks, the stove won't work, the water softener need repair and guess who it all falls on. Stress Stress Stress. After a period of many years it all catches up to you. (Oh I forgot the neighbor trying to take over your land)

My only release is to slip into my panties and do a really good tuck and just be FEM!

LOVE YOU ALL,

Sandy

PS: MY WALK IS REALLY GETTING TO BE QUITE LADY LIKE...THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Calgon take you away!

Sandy, I have a bad feeling about this thread.Get ready.

Platinum Member
    When, as my wife and I did, one purchases an older home, these kinds of repairs are included in the cost of admission. Of course, the unexpected happens, like a burst water supply line flooding the main floor....but such is life. I used to let these things get to me a lot more than I do now. The trick to dealing with this kind of stress isn't panties - its reminding oneself that things are gonna break. Or to put it another way, having realistic expectations. And then put on your panties.

Stress? That sounds more like fun!! I ♥ fixing stuff!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    I used to drive myself (and my wife) to distraction when I did even fairly minor household repair jobs... getting angry at some mysterious force that kept the job from going exactly the way I wanted it, the first time, without spending 5 minutes to plan and prepare. I finally realized that my BP and marriage would be better if I took my time, expected problems and worked things out calmly. Some of us take longer to grow up than others.

I've changed the water heater out so many times I have quick connect couplings on it. Tear down and rebuild the furnace once a year... Its 40 years old. Sent 12 hours tearing the top of the van engine off to repair an oil leak. Put a whole new suspension under it last winter. Its 12 years old. Fun!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I used to drive myself (and my wife) to distraction when I did even fairly minor household repair jobs... getting angry at some mysterious force that kept the job from going exactly the way I wanted it, the first time, without spending 5 minutes to plan and prepare. I finally realized that my BP and marriage would be better if I took my time, expected problems and worked things out calmly. Some of us take longer to grow up than others.
    Hi Kim,
    Thank you for the advice...I just needed some friends to talk to and I always know that someone like you will help set me on the right path..Sandy

Of course you can wear panties while you are fixing things! No it isn't the same I admit and I wouldn't repair roof tiles in stockings, but can go at it with an attitude that says... when it is all done... sandy time!

I suspect you are like me... this stuff is all a chore! But like my wife says... so is cleaning, washing, ironing, shopping, and anything else she reckons she does! But when you have fixed the dishwasher, don't tell me that you aren't just a little pleased with yourself?

This summer I got on the roof and fixed two pantiles (Georgian barn) that had blown off in the winter... yeah it took me that long! Come to think of it it may have been the previous winter! This week we have strong winds... guess which two pantiles have just come off again? I should have got someone in and claimed on the insurance!

Or as you might put it... wasted pantytime!

BTW.. I am always around to talk to!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I can relate. Everyone talks about unjustly stereotyping females, but the fact is that when the tough things break it is expected that the person with the Y chromosome is going to fix it. If you can't, won't, or even express a dislike of the task you're considered unmanly and a poor provider. I think that this is one of the strongest gender stereotypes of them all.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I will never tire of being the man of the house. I like pleasing my SO with doing the repairs around the house that I am fortunate enough to know how to do most things mechanical, electrical or plumbing related. I feel good when she thanks me and appriciates me for whatever repair I have done. It does my male persona good. But I also like my fem time and happy to say that so does she. I don't see a conflict between my duel gender roles. I embrace them both. I simply get a different kind of satisfaction from either.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've changed the water heater out so many times I have quick connect couplings on it. Tear down and rebuild the furnace once a year... Its 40 years old. Sent 12 hours tearing the top of the van engine off to repair an oil leak. Put a whole new suspension under it last winter. Its 12 years old. Fun!!
    Karren,
    Over the last year, I have reduced my repairs to out 300,000 mile Dodge Caravan to replacing the radiator, repairing the Body Control Module, new headlights (the plastic was too yellow and scratched), and a new set of brake pads. Of course, I do the oil and filter (often as you could guess) I enjoy it too much and am cheap to boot! My low mileage car (Civic with 250,000 miles) only needs an occasional oil change and brakes in the last year.

Kaz,

I took out the Body Control Module with my forms in. I didn't have a skirt on though .

Sandy,
    Relax, have a driink, think about the job, have a drink, watch a TV show, then get around to fixing things. It is much more relaxing.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

I enjoy home projects too. My only rule for doing a home project is I must have the right tools to do the job. Over the years I have accumulated some nice tools. My next project will be to replace a water heater.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    I enjoy .... My next project will be to replace a water heater.
    That means some more new tools you know. The latest and greatest of pipe wrenches as well as new duct tape and some sheet metal shears.
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)

I am hard wired to fix and build I guess thats why I do it for a career,never tire of it actually, go looking for trouble.My neighbor was always mowing 4' on my side of the line(I like my grass taller)so I set a few traps,it costs him a small fortune every year to keep repairing his mower.Back to the point a hot bubble bath relieves all stress.Then something satin and lace.Bye-Bye,Lisa.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    For many years I was the man of the house and did most of those repairs that have been mentioned. Then my wife died, and I had all my own jobs and also hers! That was almost 7 years ago and after a couple of years I gave up. I just decided to hire other people to do the work, because I was getting to old to do a lot of it. Now I can just wear my panties, and other stuff, and watch them work!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Karen: It takes a lot of work to maintain a house and it sounds like you have a handle on it. Here is a hint from an old plumber regarding water heater life: Solder, or firmly clamp, a piece of heavy gauge copper wire to connect the two inlet and outlet pipes (assuming you still have copper pipes-works with old iron pipes as well). I don't know what you could do with the new plastic pipe systems. My old water heater logged 30 years from 1979 to 2010. Also, change the anode rod every few years.

Platinum Member
    When I get tired of being the man of the house, I slip into a pretty dress and heels along with proper foundation garments, wig and makeup. Then I become a devotee of June Cleaver. No sense in letting the GG woman of the house have all that fun cooking, baking, doing the laundry and ironing, vacuuming and lounging around eating chocolate

Hey Marlina,I love Lou Reed, never hear him on the radio!
    The dress doe's not make the Man!

Quote Originally Posted by silkeze View Post
    Hey Marlina,I love Lou Reed, never hear him on the radio!
    Ahhh..the signature. Yeah, he totally rocks!

Btw. This thread didn't go where I thought it might..Yay!

Look at it this way. You could spend a couple of grand a year paying someone to fix stuff for you, or you can do it yourself and spend the money on some very nice femme you and your wife.

Silver Member
    I don't get it. You don't think that women have to handle these issues? I know several single women that have to deal with these items and more.

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES and quit whining!

Aspiring Member
    Another really good tip for extending the life of the water heater is to drain and flush the tank at least once a year, you'd be surprised at the build up that gathers at the bottom. When I first replaced the WH at our old house, I went to drain it and it wouldn't drain because there was so much gunk clogging it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee W View Post
    Another really good tip for extending the life of the water heater is to drain and flush the tank at least once a year, you'd be surprised at the build up that gathers at the bottom. When I first replaced the WH at our old house, I went to drain it and it wouldn't drain because there was so much gunk clogging it up.
    Yeah! Actually mine were failing prematurely because of stray electrical currents. Causing steel to rust fast. It stopped when I bolted aluminum anodes to the copper pipes. Just like on large ships. This water heater has lasted twice the 6 year average.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyn View Post
    Karen: It takes a lot of work to maintain a house and it sounds like you have a handle on it. Here is a hint from an old plumber regarding water heater life: Solder, or firmly clamp, a piece of heavy gauge copper wire to connect the two inlet and outlet pipes (assuming you still have copper pipes-works with old iron pipes as well). I don't know what you could do with the new plastic pipe systems. My old water heater logged 30 years from 1979 to 2010. Also, change the anode rod every few years.
    My house has all copper sewer pipes... Its amazing and the plumbing is probably worth more than the house! I solved my ionic issue with aluminum anodes bolted to the water lines.
    Last edited by Karren H; 01-13-2012 at 12:23 PM.

.......My Photos

I'm just glad that I can fix stuff that goes wrong. Saves a ton on paying the professionals, which causes me more stress than having to fix something.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    You can also check the sacrificial anode. Most plumbers won't tell you those things need to be replaced periodically.