Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired of being the man of the house!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Sandy, I have a bad feeling about this thread.Get ready.
    Sandy didn't say this, but the first thing I thought of is (jumping to a conclusion) the femininity taking over to the point of no longer wanting to do guy stuff, like fixing things. But Sandy didn't say or even imply this. After thinking about it, I think the post was about stress relief. Sorry I jumped. Or did I? Did Sandy slip into panties after fixing things, or instead of?

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    I'm the handywoman of the house! I hate paying a "professional" to do a job. I friend of mine has a saying. When he looks at a really, really bad job, he says "That had to have been done by a professional, it's too f***ked up to have been done by an armature"! Most of the time he's right!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Sandy didn't say this, but the first thing I thought of is (jumping to a conclusion) the femininity taking over to the point of no longer wanting to do guy stuff, like fixing things. But Sandy didn't say or even imply this. After thinking about it, I think the post was about stress relief. Sorry I jumped. Or did I? Did Sandy slip into panties after fixing things, or instead of?
    Nicole, I feared a bit about what is or is not our manly duties (stereotypes). I think Sandy was simply seeking stress relief from guy mode.

While trying to get a heavy antique desk off the truck with an engine hoist, I realized that wearing the right things under the work clothes makes "the medicine go down" with apologies to Julie Andrews.
    Laura

Gold Member
    I recently had a female friend who had an incident at her house where we agreed she needed to change the locks (I am out to her). So I go over in drab and we pick up a set of knobs and locks. I am trying to install them and the screws are the wrong length and the deadbolt is a different size than the existing hole. So I am putting the locks in, and taking them out, and so on taking forever. Her mother was there too and goes "Isn't it nice when you have a man around to do repairs." I immediately go "Maybe we should get one and this will get done."

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Her mother was there too and goes "Isn't it nice when you have a man around to do repairs." I immediately go "Maybe we should get one and this will get done."
    Lol! Good answer there!

I do all the repair work around the house (ie: water heater, disposal, minor car maintenance etc) and just completed building a brick oven in the backyard. I tend to focus on fussy details to ensure I don't have to do the job twice and know that is usually better than a hired guy would do. Since joining I am going to tackle my next few jobs in panties so I can say (to myself) "the best man for that job was a woman!"
    Gianna

I've got to be absolutely the world's worst at repairs. One reason I don't mind washing dishes, hoovering the floor, etc., is that those are things that I can at least do competently. I think that at at least half of the repair jobs I've done in my life, I've managed to draw blood (my own) before it was done. I'm not joking. Eventually my strategy became, "Ignore it! Maybe it'll sort itself out." And my motto has become, "Never do today what you can put off to tomorrow."

Hi,

Oh dear just love it, spent 50 years fixing things I just got better at it thats all , & fixed things for orthers as well plus worked in the trade, building, & other trades, heck were did i go wrong , after 12 house's of our own plus others done it all & still doing it , both if you like as perceved male & as a woman.

Stress whats that, more if you cant fix things ,

...noeleena...

I love to fix things and would prefer my husband not to lol. For the fact that he gets grumpy and grouchy and yells and swears a lot during the fixing process which in the end takes him longer. So I'll do things on my own so I don't have to deal with the stress of him doing it lol
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

I grew up with my grandfather as my "father figure." He is a true handyman and worked as a mechanic. His projects were buying old Corvettes and completely restoring them. I spent a lot of my childhood in the garage. (I used to pretend I was some version of Daisy Duke). Anyway, my SO is not really handy. He changed a tire one day an was telling me about it. I was shocked and asked, "Whoa! You know how to change a tire? Good job, baby!" He was all offended and said, "Wtf of course I can change a tire." I love fixing things...I love cars. Nothing makes me feel more like a hottie than when I'm messing with cars. I'm not as good as my grandfather...he scared the Hell out of me with some things. Things that supposedly "blew up in his face and that's how he got to be so damned ugly." But, I still like it. I also have to be pretty domestic. Not only can I spend a day in a garage, but I can cook, clean, and change diapers. Pretty well-rounded. But, I don't find enjoyment in many "domestic" tasks. So, I told my SO that we could trade gender roles in the house if he wanted. It lasted about 5 minutes before he called me unfair for putting this on his plate.

I guess we all can't be well-rounded. Stress? I think women are used to piling on the stress. Give me an 8 hour shift, a car to gut, dishes to do, and a dinner to cook. If I waited on a man to do it all, I'd be dead in a grave with a filthy house and a car that won't start.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post

I guess we all can't be well-rounded. Stress? I think women are used to piling on the stress. Give me an 8 hour shift, a car to gut, dishes to do, and a dinner to cook. If I waited on a man to do it all, I'd be dead in a grave with a filthy house and a car that won't start.
    I couldn't agree more! Lol. My grandfather was also my father figure since my grandparents raised me. He was a carpenter and you could always find me on his sites while he was building homes On the side building my own thing with a hammer and nails Anything handy he was doing I was always there.
    I love the fact that my husband can piss me off and make me laugh within seconds of each other!
    I can handle being alone, but doesn't want to be married and feeling alone.
    The only reason the grass looks greener on the other side is because you don't have to mow that lawn.
    Husbands are like children, they behave best when they are sleeping.
    It's always nice when your husband just looks at you and tells you out of the blue, "You are Beautiful"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've changed the water heater out so many times I have quick connect couplings on it. Tear down and rebuild the furnace once a year... Its 40 years old. Sent 12 hours tearing the top of the van engine off to repair an oil leak. Put a whole new suspension under it last winter. Its 12 years old. Fun!!
    Isn't that hard on the nails? What's the secret?

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Karren, Mg anodes work as well and they are available at any marina...used to keep boats from oxidizing!

I enjoy both of my genders, and fixing things in male mode is my forte...I can fix anything ROFL! I find it quite satisfying!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieOPKS View Post
    I enjoy home projects too. My only rule for doing a home project is I must have the right tools to do the job. Over the years I have accumulated some nice tools. My next project will be to replace a water heater.

Hi Ellie, don't forget the expansion tank that's now code
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Of course you can wear panties while you are fixing things! No it isn't the same I admit and I wouldn't repair roof tiles in stockings, but can go at it with an attitude that says... when it is all done... sandy time!

I suspect you are like me... this stuff is all a chore! But like my wife says... so is cleaning, washing, ironing, shopping, and anything else she reckons she does! But when you have fixed the dishwasher, don't tell me that you aren't just a little pleased with yourself?

This summer I got on the roof and fixed two pantiles (Georgian barn) that had blown off in the winter... yeah it took me that long! Come to think of it it may have been the previous winter! This week we have strong winds... guess which two pantiles have just come off again? I should have got someone in and claimed on the insurance!

Or as you might put it... wasted pantytime!

BTW.. I am always around to talk to!
    Kaz thanks for you support. Just knowing people like you are around to talk to is what makes this site so fantastic....Sandy

Hi Sue, It's not that I can't so it, it's just that sometimes it all happens at once and I just get that defeated feeling but as you know, there is no one else to so it so I just wipe away my hidden tears and fix it. I like Utah...Sandy

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandy, I totaly enjoy fixing and building things @69yrs. it just takes a little longer.
    With our house and two daughters houses theres aways something to do.
    Plus oil changes & gease jobs tire rotations on all thier cars (About 10 cars)

The only thing that I (Call The Guy) for is the color TV's everything else I can handle.

What's your neighbor doing to your yard???
    Do you want a couple of us girls come over and stomp the $#!+ out of him with our stilettos on???
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 01-15-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I like fixing things and so does my wife. We've renovated our kitchen together, repainted our house inside and out, installed new shingles. soffit, fascia, and a ton of other projects. Usually if it is a smaller project, I do it myself, but if we get into something more major, then we work together. My wife has a much better sense of style than I do, so she is our interior designer.

From a CDing point of view, I generally do the work in male-mode: I don't want to get my pretty things dirty!
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)